Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why they dont use Zat's or Goauld healing device?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why they dont use Zat's or Goauld healing device?

Im very curious about technology that Atlantis Team use.

Why they don't use for example Zat's (zatniketel) which was a good light weapon in SG-1 (IT'S BETTER THAN WRAITH STUNNER PISTOL) and why they don't came with Zat's to Atlantis?

Why Atlantis Team don't use for their injuries goauld healing device. I know it needs naquadah in blood but it's not trouble if they can inject ancient gene.

Im also disapointed a little beacuse of things in Atlantis, everything what Lantians leave is so.... conventional... also weapon, why they don't use energy as firepower like Wraith? Where is ancient hand weapon?

Do you remember episode where O'Neill suck ancient knowledge to his brain (first of 2 like episodes) ... it was really not in style of Ancients which we knows today! Besides, why Atlantis Team are not discover rest of City? Why they don't use personal shield (which was hold by McKey in first season)... im sure Sheppard is able to shut it off ....and why they don't discover really new useful technology?

Why Atlantis Team is so naive and let Wraith and Genii do anything with them???? They were cheated by them so many times...!

If you remember first seasons and episodes of Stargate SG-1 you probably agree with me that all about Ancients was better than it is in Atlantis.... first of all it was mythical, mysterious, and watching SG-1 episodes I really thought that im close to uncover secrets of universe ... learning about Ancients....with SG-1 Team

Zats Vs Stunners, I agree, But I understand why they didnt do it. copyright + keeping the show seperate. It's like sayng why didnt we bring Staff Canons 2 defend us during seige.

+ Earth Team, Were humans, we generally prefer using our own things.

Healing device...because then why would we need the DELICIOUS Dr Beckett?

Erm, its a city - not a HUGE lab. Of course its convenient. These people, while MADE to seem god like, are infact only that. People, like asgard. Just more advanced.
    Weaponry again, peaceful?

Personel Shield = experimental. Am I the only one who realised that? Found in a lab? Yes, the tech + style different. Lets see. In our galaxy they could use rock and all that for buildings, but Rock isnt very useful when flying a city around.

Atlantis isnt exactly naive. Wraith...well u know, big old advanced race that kicked an even more advanced races arse. Yes were so much smarter Genii....sneaky lil rodants. If you havnt noticed SG-1s kinda been bollocked over as well a few times. Tollan (last time we seen them) Bedrosians, Eurondans?

The Ancients were suped up to be some super race....their not. Get over it. All we heard about the Ancients before Atlantis was that they had cool tech. Tech developed OVER millions of years. The people like the Aurora Captain is one Ancients. Their nto great people, their just people.
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

A simple search will reveal numerous other threads regarding the same topic.
      Rocky

Comment

blitz wrote. It's like sayng why didn't we bring Staff Canons 2 defend us during siege

wow i never thought of that you would think there there would put some on the battle cruiers or take the ones from the death gliders and send them to atlantis to add to deddy
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The reason they don't use Zat's in Atlantis is because they are trying to keep it uniqe, not just a copy of SG-1.

Comment

I have wondered often why they don't use Zat's on SGA. They did use them in a couple of the early season I episodes but not since.

If there reason is because they want to keep SGA unique from SG, IMHO thats pretty lame. We need to manufacture some of those Ronan style stun guns.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

The personal shield thing yes it was experimental but to me it was vertually fully operational and ready for use and testing in combat conditions and we needed every possible advantage we can get. Why we have not herd about the device since the episode which it first shown in is a complete mystery to me, now if I was military commander of the base I would of made it rodney primarly goal of
              repowering the device, which should be fairly simple as all he has to do is follow the instructions in the database.

There is no copyright issues they are the same writers the same studio producing it and the same company own the rights to both series also we have seen certain devices cross between the series doug design ships the puddle jumbers and the naquada generators. The only problem is that again for some reason the writers did not want show the weapons we have aquire some weapons over the years, having ZATs which do not run out of power very easily and not reliant on having to constanly resupply would of made sense on a mission which they knew they may never be able to return from or be resupply from earth. The reason they do not use the healing device is because naguada is needed in the operator blood to operate it but they have had quite a few years to study and to find a way around that, and I would of thought they would of done it by now.

Again why they are not constantly being shown in newly explored locations in atlantis is a other rmystery to me especially in season 2, they have trick the wraith in to believing that atlantis was destroy, the doug was able to constantly resupply atlantis and the anthosian who could go of world and not be suspected to belong to atlantis. So the team going of world every episode in season 2 is one of the biggest plot holes in history well at lease in my mind they should of came up with a explanation at lease to why they are still going of world regularly.

Well to be fair they have discover a few usefull devices

the hand held life sign detector
              the personal shield (which we never seen again)
              the puddle jumbers with a cloak
              Nano virus (well that was not very useful it nearly killed every one)
              that device which store energy life forms in subspace (again a one episode device)
              the long range sensors, which seem to detech ships when they want to like it was shown in Allies very useful.
              Also internal life sign detectors on atlantis, which are so advance they do not seem to be able to detect a gould oh well.

err well yeah they really should be discovering a lot more technology and devices especially being in the lost city of the ancients with weapons to destroy anumbis and all.

As for the head sucking thing and the technology in the milky way being so different the atlantis technology, the only idea i had is that the ancients seperated into different tribes or groups which took different paths to designing their tech.
              But I do beleive that the writers are planning a episode where they explain the differences between the ancient design technologies encounter.
              Last edited by knowles2; 23 February 2006, 05:09 AM.

Comment

I want to post more, but I gotta get off to let my sis use the comp. so I'll come back later. I just wanted to say I always thought the reason they didn't take zats to Atlantis was because they would not work in Atlantis since the Ancients made sure Goa'uld technology wouldn't work where they (the Ancients) lived. Am I wrong in thinking that?

Originally posted by Blitz
                Healing device...because then why would we need the DELICIOUS Dr Beckett?
                Oh yes, excellent answer!
                Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

//// The reason they don't use Zat's in Atlantis is because they are trying to keep it uniqe, not just a copy of SG-1.////

Believe or not, sth like "keeping SGAtlantis unique" i think it's that what makes SGA more artificial and boorish because SGA come from SG-1 and it is some kind of continuation another mission under command of US Air force....and i think some good and helpful technology like zat's may be used as it was with experiance of McKey with alien technology or soldiers in battle with Goaulds ...

Deadalus ship is using asgard beam technology... (it's only one big thing which come from SG1) ...but ... if The Very Ancients are more advanced than Asgard, why they didn't use their own beaming technology or teleportation rings?... i think it's little less complicated and less advanced than intergalactic drive, shields or ZPM...

PS: Sorry, my english is poor

Comment

Hi, I'm back. Well lately it does look like the Atlantis team is making a lot of mistakes, such as trusting the Genii and the aliens in The Long Goodbye. However, most of the time they are going by what they think is the best choice for instance, in TLG
                    Spoiler:
                    they didn't have time to prove whether the alien was good and if Elizabeth was really partly in control. The man would have died very quickly if John didn't take in his conciousness and what if he was good and knew some type of weapon to kill the Wraith for example. They never would have gotten that info. So they had to take a gamble.
                    As for the Genii, at least in Coup D'etat,
                    Spoiler:
                    well the Atlantis team of course can always use a ZPM and the guy didn' thave any guards with him. The team decided on what they thought was the best decision.
                    and that may end up not being so bad
                    Spoiler:
                    considering Carson helped the new Genii leader's sister.

Also, you have to remember that SGA is only in its 2nd season. If you recall, SG-1 has had their share of mishaps, and made their share of mistakes (thinking an alien deffense weapon was a time capsule, catching themselves a few viruses that did nasty things, accidentally destroying an energy based alien life, etc.) SG-1 has gotten wiser and doesn't make as many mistakes. They have learned through trial and error and so will the Atlantians.

As for not finding technology, well that isn't really fair. Aside from the fact that they haven't been there that long, so haven't had a lot of time to find technology (I mean look how long it took SG-1 to get some decent stuff!), they actually have found some good stuff, the puddle jumpers, for one, which I'm sure has been mentioned. Many of the Ancient devices that have been discovered are built into Atlantis, such as the protective overide that goes into effect when there is a pathogen on the base.

Atlantis is also very large. If you are familiar with, or have seen pictures of New York City, you know how big it is. I think that Atlantis is probably close to that size, although perhaps more condensed. It would take a very long time to look in every room and building in New York City, and it's the same thing with Atlantis.

I personally think the device that Mckay used would not be good to use again, at least not without further study. It is true that Rodney ended up being ok, but what if he hadn't been? I don't think anyone wants to risk that. Also, I don't know if there were more of those and I believe the one Rodney used was depleted because of his having to tackle that big dark energy.

I certainly don't think they would have any of those things that Jack got wrapped up in because they were purposely put in areas where beings other than Ancients would find them, so the Ancient's knoweledge would not be lost, even if they themselves perished. The device would not be in an area where only Ancients were living.

I just think, personally, that we have not seen all that the city has to offer. I think that there is a lot of potential, and many things to discover, and I am excited to see what's in store.

Comment

It's possible that the Ancients didn't use beaming technology simply because they didn't think of it. They may have been highly advanced and intelligent, but that doesn't mean they didn't have faults. They wouldn't have been able to think of every type of technology that could potentially be available. And despite how great the Ancients are made out to be, they don't think in military or fighting terms and I think that is why our tactics and technology has helped us to hold off the Wraith, while the Ancients were effectively wiped out.

I definitely don't think of SGA as just a continuation of SG-1 anymore. I thought that for the first few eps, and then I started to see the show coming into it's own. Of course there are still times where the shows intersect, but I never think "that SG-1 sister show" or "The SG-1 spinoff" when I'm talking about Atlantis. Both shows are unique, and imo, excellent in their own way.

Comment

Uh..... .it's kinda hard to use a Healing Device without a snake in your head.

Sam tried to save Daniel with one in Meridian, and she just made things worse.

The reason, I suspect, why Vala is able to use it is because Qetesh used it (at least once) while Vala was her host, so she learned how to make it work. Jolinar never used any Goa'uld technology while she was blended with Sam, so Sam never learned how to use it.

Comment

Oh, true. I think you hit the nail on the head on that one!

Comment

how is trying to keep the shows seperate? that has to be the thousanth time some one has given that answer
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

for me keeping the show unique means having different type of stories and may be a intelligent enemy or two and have different goals rarther than say well have gain all this useful tech which well probably be useful in unknowne galaxy with know way to return and yet guest what we not going to let you take any of it that really makes sense does it now. I a simple cock out by the writers and it the same have if we got advance drones and weapon, the show would be boring, fortantly for the writers most viewers tend to agree with them with the simple idea of them just keeping the show unique by not showing any of the weapons we have gather in the past nine years.

Comment

Working...
                              X