Enterprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enterprise

Hey guys. Enterprise has been threatened with cancellation for quite some time now. I just wanted to know what everyone else thought about the show!

I actually did not watch it for the first year and then caught up, so I had the benefit of seing the entire first season in a few days. I continue to watch Season Three because the storyline, in my opinion, has been stronger than SG-1's most recent season (Don't get me wrong, I will die with Stargate in my coffin, prob).

What does everyone else think? Does it suck? Need airing out?

i try to watch it when i can but not having a tv seriously impedes me. im a die hard trekkie and love all things trek and would rather not see it get canceled. that being said i do think that the whole franchise needs some airing out and refresshing. they need to take a step back and try to recapture the magic of ST:TOS and ST:TNG, I loved DS( because it showed a whole nother side of the trek universe and loved voyager but will admit voyager was a definate downward spiral. I think they need to get some new blood into the series and move ahead from the NG, DS9 and voyager time period. going backwards and doing a prequel series was a mistake. I think it would be cool to do a WB style series of something like Starfleet Academy. not something as teensy angst driven as some of their shows but something to get a new generation of fans into the series. im not gonna pretend to have the answers to what the new "serious" series would be but they need something to breathe new life into the franchise.

Comment

All can say when they stopped using Hoshi as much in the begining...the show got stale real fast. Linda Park was a big factor in me tunning in....when it was clear they were not going to use Linda, I tuned out....

Besides....Smallville was getting more intersting...and so was American Idol......Enterprise got low priority with me.

Also.....SG1 takes care of all my Sci fi needs.....hee hee. Aside from Andromeda.
      Last edited by dec55; 02 May 2004, 05:55 PM.
      Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
        I think they need to get some new blood into the series and move ahead from the NG, DS9 and voyager time period.
        Amen. Brannon Braga, IMHO has had his time and needs to take a hike. I only say hang on to Rick Berman because he's the only one who has been around long enough to even remotely keep in mind what Gene Roddenberry's vision was.

Comment

Berman needs to go at least as much, IMO. New blood. Get Rockne O'Bannon and David Kemper (Farscape) in there!
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by David
            Amen. Brannon Braga, IMHO has had his time and needs to take a hike. I only say hang on to Rick Berman because he's the only one who has been around long enough to even remotely keep in mind what Gene Roddenberry's vision was.
            see thats what id really like to find out about, what gene roddenberry's vision really was. i know that TOS an TNG were based exclusively on Gene Roddenberry's writings, ideas, etc. and DS9 was based on some of his vision but not exactly, and voyager and enterprise were just way out there. id like to read roddenberrys actual notes and stuff of what he envisioned trek to be. i know the franchise has to and has grown beyond his original plan but i wish they could get back the core feeling that his vison had and the TNG captured so well

Comment

Never seen it, since we don't get Enterprise What station/cable channel is broadcasting it?

Comment

Its on UPN, weds. nights *waves back*

Comment

Originally posted by David
                  I agree with you there. "Enterprise" has moved away from Star Trek's original vision. The writers seem tired. They should go back to what Gene Roddenberry did the first two years of Star Trek. Hire REAL science fiction writers with original ideas.

There is also a problem with the interplay between the characters. There is very little spark between them. I don't think its bad acting. Again, I think it's tired writing. Let them try to resist their worst natures. Put them to a really good test. Embarrass them. The best acting comes from interplay between different characters.

And take a chance! In the original "Star Trek", and in "STTNG" many of the shows' best episodes commented on the day's issues and had a moral point. I really miss that.

I do like their warm weather gear. I hate those jumpsuits. I really hate that opening song! Haven't they tortured us long enough?

And what did happen to Hoshi?

One point I'd like to make is that in Gene Roddenberry's shows, there was almost as much titilation for the women as the for men. In this show it's almost all been for the men.

But I digress, if they took "Enterprise off the air I'd go into severe withdrawal, so I hope they fix it.
                  Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Norlioness
                    Never seen it, since we don't get Enterprise What station/cable channel is broadcasting it?
                    It doesn't air in my area. I'm forced to download it. Takes about a day to get an episode for me on a 56k modem.

Comment

Can't you get someone to tape it for you? They definitely show it in Illinois.

Comment

I read somewhere that Enterprise is supposed to be taking place in an alternate reality or something.

They really need to hire someone who has some brand new ideas. They've reused some other Trek stories or even in some cases the rejected ones.
                        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by xathras
                          Its on UPN, weds. nights *waves back*
                          Hi Xathras!
                          That explains it!! We don't have UPN, but some of the UPN shows do show up on our Fox station. I guess Enterprise was not selected. Thanks.

Comment

Have they published DVD's yet? You can rent some shows at Blockbuster.

Comment

I've watched Enterprise since the beginning. While the first season was pretty good, the second season crashed and burned for the most part. However, season 3 has been excellent IMO. There has only been one episode I didn't like (The one where Archer and co. turn into aliens) The Xindi plotline has been really good and has continued to get more interesting as it goes. The ongoing Temporal Cold War storyline has been interesting as well. Season 3 has a nice, ongoing feeling, like a serial. It borrowed from DS9's Dominion War, which I loved.

However sometimes it seems like the writers are ripping off their own previous plotlines from the other Trek shows. The most recent one being the one with the crew going into stasis, leaving only T'Pol to run the ship and slowly goes insane. This is directly like an episode of Voyager, where Janeway and crew are put into stasis for a month while the cross an area of space, leaving Seven and The Doctor in charge. Seven goes insane as well.

Another weak point of Enterprise is the wallpapering of Hoshi and Travis who are rarely used and only get maybe one line per episode if that.

Comment

Working...
                              X