This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who Series 27, UK or US boxset?

The two are similar, and yet quite different, which do you think is the better boxset? Personally, much as the UK one is a novelty and rather cool, in a preactical sense, I like the US boxset. It's more like a standard DVD boxset, fits into a row of DVDs a lot more easily, and is less prone to damage.

Here are the pictures, now cast your vote :-p

http://www.gallifreyone.net/episode.php?id=2005-13 - US

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P...2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg - UK

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

US. Thankfully It will take up less space on the shelf, And I need shelf space
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Well I beleive that the US box is slightly better due to the fact it doesnt take up as much shelf spaces. And with my DVD collection shelf Space is needed.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I'm voting for shelf space. I never understood the reason for the big box in the U.K. release. They could have at least added some goodies to it.

Comment

ive als ofound that the big box is too fragile. I left it next to my tv and the glue holding the sides together melted. Luckily its all better now but still I was so sad when that happened.

Comment

I would like the DVD industry to switch to the thiner cases, they take up half the space of the normal ones

Comment

US version looks a lot better. Between my Doctor Who boxset and my Kill Bill Japanese set I've lost a hell of a lot of shelf space.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                I would like the DVD industry to switch to the thiner cases, they take up half the space of the normal ones
                The thinner cases are great for box sets, but I'm not so sure about single releases because it's harder to see the spine.

Comment

I've got a couple, and they arn't that bad

Comment

In some cases it works eg The Complete series of Friends comes in a boxset with little doors and all the cases are real thin but the problem with alot of great shows like Doctor Who and stargate is that people want dvd exstras and other things and the bigger cases wrok along side bigger disks. Well thats my view anyway.

Comment

The disks are the same size phyically,
                      They might be dual layer that means they have more storage space

Comment

Sorry I meant storage space. I was typing faster then I was thinking

Comment

I've also seen them put two disk in the thin package

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                            US. Thankfully It will take up less space on the shelf, And I need shelf space
                            Shelf space? Grap your sonic screwdriver and put up some more shelves. *someone had to say it*

I vote for the UK/Australian version, it is shiny and perfect as long as you don't actually want to play them, 'cause you stuff up the box by opening it.

Comment

I vote for the US version because of reasons already mentioned by everyone else here (space, less prone to damage etc.) but with the UK version you get an extra DVD called Doctor Who: Confidential which is basically a DVD with an edited version of a 'behind the scenes' show that was shown on BBC3 after everytime the new Doctor Who was on BBC1. I'm not sure if the US version has that extra DVD.
                              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                              X