X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The intended Stargate Atlantis Storyline

I was recently came across this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Atlantis
    "When SG-1 was renewed for an eighth season, the intended movie became the episode "Lost City" and the setting of Stargate Atlantis was moved to the Pegasus galaxy."

I know Lost City was the intended movies before Season 8 was announced. Was Atlantis suppose to be originally found in the MW?

There's no telling. for the last few seasons they've made the Season Finale a semi-series finale in case they don't get another year so that just in case they'll be able to jump into movies or a spin off. if SG-1 had ended in season 7 that may have been a possiblity.
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

No one will probably ever know for sure. And for me anyways, it doesn't really matter. I'm just happy SG-1 is still on. And Atlantis has been pretty good how they've done it so far.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
        I was recently came across this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Atlantis
        "When SG-1 was renewed for an eighth season, the intended movie became the episode "Lost City" and the setting of Stargate Atlantis was moved to the Pegasus galaxy."

I know Lost City was the intended movies before Season 8 was announced. Was Atlantis suppose to be originally found in the MW?
        Yes. I think it was in a preview of SGA where this was mentioned (something, something to Atlantis, can't remember the exact name). The renewal of SG-1 meant that they couldn't have SGA working in the same part of the universe and the Antartic site became just a leftover outpost.

Comment

Yes, on the Stargate Lost City DVD (UK) they have a preview for Atlantis and I believe that it talks about how if SG-1 hadn't been renewed for a 8th Season then Atlantis would have been found in the MW, where abouts in the MW will always remain a mystery...

Comment

I think that SG1 was renewed before anything definite was set for Atlantis.

Comment

The original spoilers for LOST CITY had atlantis being found in Antartica I thought.

Comment

Atlantis WAS in Antarctica at one point but it flew away. Sorry if I'm repeating something you already know. *wince* I seem to be doing that a lot lately.

Comment

Working...
                X