PDA

View Full Version : The intended Stargate Atlantis Storyline

npattis
February 21st, 2006, 04:53 PM
I was recently came across this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Atlantis
"When SG-1 was renewed for an eighth season, the intended movie became the episode "Lost City" and the setting of Stargate Atlantis was moved to the Pegasus galaxy."

I know Lost City was the intended movies before Season 8 was announced. Was Atlantis suppose to be originally found in the MW?

Kirath
February 21st, 2006, 06:53 PM
There's no telling. for the last few seasons they've made the Season Finale a semi-series finale in case they don't get another year so that just in case they'll be able to jump into movies or a spin off. if SG-1 had ended in season 7 that may have been a possiblity.

the fifth man
February 21st, 2006, 06:57 PM
No one will probably ever know for sure. And for me anyways, it doesn't really matter. I'm just happy SG-1 is still on. And Atlantis has been pretty good how they've done it so far.

smurf
February 22nd, 2006, 04:33 AM
I was recently came across this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Atlantis
"When SG-1 was renewed for an eighth season, the intended movie became the episode "Lost City" and the setting of Stargate Atlantis was moved to the Pegasus galaxy."

I know Lost City was the intended movies before Season 8 was announced. Was Atlantis suppose to be originally found in the MW?
Yes. I think it was in a preview of SGA where this was mentioned (something, something to Atlantis, can't remember the exact name). The renewal of SG-1 meant that they couldn't have SGA working in the same part of the universe and the Antartic site became just a leftover outpost.

Stricken
February 22nd, 2006, 04:44 AM
Yes, on the Stargate Lost City DVD (UK) they have a preview for Atlantis and I believe that it talks about how if SG-1 hadn't been renewed for a 8th Season then Atlantis would have been found in the MW, where abouts in the MW will always remain a mystery...

FNH USA P90
February 22nd, 2006, 06:29 PM
I think that SG1 was renewed before anything definite was set for Atlantis.

brandohall
February 22nd, 2006, 06:45 PM
The original spoilers for LOST CITY had atlantis being found in Antartica I thought.

Cherriey
February 22nd, 2006, 06:47 PM
Atlantis WAS in Antarctica at one point but it flew away. Sorry if I'm repeating something you already know. *wince* I seem to be doing that a lot lately.