PDA

View Full Version : SG-1 series 2 announced

Gen. O'Neill
February 21st, 2006, 04:16 PM
im not sure if this has been mention but, DST has relase word of series two of SG-1 figures. series two will have Sam, Teal'c and Thor, (of course we have all ready seen the pics :jack_new_anime06: ) and they will have replicators in the series (again just like the pics) and will have a replicator carter figure. series two will be in stores in SEPT so be on the look out; and be on the look out for series one in JUNE. check out the link http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/02/diamondselectrevealssecond.shtml . :jack:

the fifth man
February 21st, 2006, 06:15 PM
I know I can't wait for these figures. The likenesses are simply amazing.

Col. Hunter
February 21st, 2006, 08:48 PM
Howdy... Long time lurker... turned newest member...

I really love the way these figures look... They have taken there time in really putting out a great product.. Granted these are still prototypes but f the production run looks anything like this... I am gonna go completest on this set... and I will have a nice little Jaffa Army...

Elite Anubis Guard
February 22nd, 2006, 12:01 AM
I cant wait for the Desert Camo stuff, yay.

WraithWarrior
February 22nd, 2006, 06:59 AM
^^Me 2, lots of jaffa :D

^I know how kool do the camo versions look, but Im looking forward to every1 as I will be buying them all as they come out :D

knightone
February 22nd, 2006, 11:51 AM
More news (http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/news/default.asp). It looks like the chase figure for this wave is going to be Black Ops Teal'c.

HirogenGater
February 22nd, 2006, 11:59 AM
Howdy... Long time lurker... turned newest member...

I really love the way these figures look... They have taken there time in really putting out a great product.. Granted these are still prototypes but f the production run looks anything like this... I am gonna go completest on this set... and I will have a nice little Jaffa Army...

Welcome! I too will be attempting to purchase every SG-1 figure made. :)

HirogenGater
February 22nd, 2006, 12:01 PM
More news (http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/news/default.asp). It looks like the chase figure for this wave is going to be Black Ops Teal'c.

Interesting choice, glad to see we will be getting a bald T'ealc. I hope Replicarter is part of this wave as well.

knightone
February 22nd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Replicarter should be part of this wave. She'll be an exclusive, though. The announcement was just for the core/general release of wave 2. Considering the exclusives for wave 1 haven't been worked out yet, I'm sure it will be quite some time before we hear who will carry Replicarter and the other exclusive variants for wave 2.

the fifth man
February 22nd, 2006, 08:22 PM
I know I'm going to do my best to get ahold of every one of these figures. Instead of running around from store to store, I'll probably just be ordering them from someplace like Amazon.com when they become available.

WraithWarrior
February 23rd, 2006, 12:36 AM
Im gonna preorder them closer to the release date, this way all the figures that rae being released will be in the preorder and they will be cheaper thean when they hit the shelves

knightone
February 23rd, 2006, 06:10 AM
I know I'm going to do my best to get ahold of every one of these figures. Instead of running around from store to store, I'll probably just be ordering them from someplace like Amazon.com when they become available.

You'll probably do better ordering from New Force (http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=NFCC&Category_Code=SG1). Their prices are better (the very best prices anywhere for SG1 figures as well) and so is their service. Amazon's toys are provided by Toys R' Us, and they probably won't be carrying this line. SG1 is aimed at the comic and specialty market, not mass retail. Amazon has a hit and miss reputation for keeping toys mint in the shipping process as well. So even if they did carry the line, you take the chance of getting damaged packaging as well as paying higher prices.

WraithWarrior
February 23rd, 2006, 09:00 AM
I didnt know Amazons figures were from Toys'r'us, i guess you learn something new every day :)

New Force does seem the best that Ive looked at and the cheapest, will they be adding the newly announced variations to their pre orders do you know?

knightone
February 23rd, 2006, 09:53 AM
...will they be adding the newly announced variations to their pre orders do you know?

That all depends on when the exclusive holders are lined up and if they are willing to share with other retailers. Traditionally, 99% of the exclusives end up being shared amongst the retailers (something they have to work out amongst themselves), so I don't doubt these will be available from New Force as well. I believe Suncoast and Time and Space Toys are the only companies that have been known to keep exclusives to themselves. We just have to wait for all the deals to be worked out before we see them listed. The only reason black ops O'Neill is already availalbe for order is because it's a Previews exclusive, which is basically a Diamond in-house exclusive.

WraithWarrior
February 23rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Kool, well ill have to keep my fingers crossed and just hope that New Force does stock them

HirogenGater
February 23rd, 2006, 12:11 PM
The price will go up if NewForce adds more variants to the SG-1 package they are offering.

WraithWarrior
February 23rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I know that but it will be worth it as it will be cheaper than when they are released and it will make sure that I get them. Im gonna get the set with two of each so I have one for display and one to keep in the box. And then Im gonna get a few of the Jaffa seperate to build an army of em

the fifth man
February 23rd, 2006, 06:54 PM
You'll probably do better ordering from New Force (http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=NFCC&Category_Code=SG1). Their prices are better (the very best prices anywhere for SG1 figures as well) and so is their service. Amazon's toys are provided by Toys R' Us, and they probably won't be carrying this line. SG1 is aimed at the comic and specialty market, not mass retail. Amazon has a hit and miss reputation for keeping toys mint in the shipping process as well. So even if they did carry the line, you take the chance of getting damaged packaging as well as paying higher prices.

Thanks a lot for the advice. It is greatly appreciated.:) Looks like I'll definitely be ordering mine from New Force then.

HirogenGater
February 24th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Looks like we might be getting a T'ealc as Jaffa. Strange how I can't find pics of this however.

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=41&show_article=441&nl=1

WraithWarrior
February 24th, 2006, 09:23 AM
HG, youre the greatest, you always find the pics and links, but as it said there was no photography allowed and I know we have seen some pics but maybe they just havent made a prototype and think about it, if Teal'c will use the same body has the Serpent guard in wave 1, all they have to do is change the head

Space Cadette
February 24th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Heck all YOU need to do is change the head! Lol!

WraithWarrior
February 24th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Heck all YOU need to do is change the head! Lol!

Exactly, I mean its not as if Teal'c armour was different to any other Jaffa in Apophis' service (was it???)

Space Cadette
February 24th, 2006, 12:44 PM
This could be kind of fun actually.... start swapping heads and have the whole SG-1 team dressed as jaffa for an offworld mission.... rub off some tatoos, put the jaffa head on one of the remaining SG-1 team's bodies and create an extra SGC member... Ooooh the possibilities! :)

WraithWarrior
February 24th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Funnily enough, I was just thinkin about modifying some of the Jaffa to serve other Gou'ald by changing their symbol, it should be possible. Im gonna be an army builder, so Ill have a few :D

HirogenGater
February 24th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I also plan on getting some extra Jaffa for an army. Plus, now that DST has a Jaffa base, making variant Jaffa will be extremely easy for them.

Elite Anubis Guard
February 25th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Exactly, I mean its not as if Teal'c armour was different to any other Jaffa in Apophis' service (was it???)
I hope we get the Window of Opportunity armour. I love that armour.

HirogenGater
February 25th, 2006, 07:29 AM
I hope we get the Window of Opportunity armour. I love that armour.
What armor did T'ealc wear in that episode?

Elite Anubis Guard
February 25th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Opps, not window of opportunity, Point of View. http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s3/graphics/306_04.jpg

WraithWarrior
February 26th, 2006, 07:06 AM
^WOW, that looks like an Earth variation of the Jaffa armour :D

the fifth man
March 2nd, 2006, 06:54 PM
^WOW, that looks like an Earth variation of the Jaffa armour :D

It is pretty sweet.:) I can't say this enough - I so can't wait for these figures to become available.

WraithWarrior
March 3rd, 2006, 07:11 AM
It is pretty sweet.:) I can't say this enough - I so can't wait for these figures to become available.

Me neither. Only a couple of months away and well.. still a couple of months too long but Im sure it'll be worth it with the new variants being announced

HirogenGater
March 3rd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Funnily enough, I was just thinkin about modifying some of the Jaffa to serve other Gou'ald by changing their symbol, it should be possible. Im gonna be an army builder, so Ill have a few :D

I hope DST plans on releasing more Jaffa down the line since they have the body as a base.

WraithWarrior
March 3rd, 2006, 12:00 PM
I hope DST plans on releasing more Jaffa down the line since they have the body as a base.

I would have thought so eventually, not now however cuz d prefer to see the kull warriors than a new variant of Jaffa, but I do hope they release them. The Horus guards I think they are called arent they?

Elite Anubis Guard
March 4th, 2006, 12:14 AM
A Horus guard.

WraithWarrior
March 4th, 2006, 01:38 AM
A Horus guard.

The ones that served Ra in the movie and also served Heru'ur in SG1. It'd be good to see them eventually to add to my collection of Jaffa:D

Elite Anubis Guard
March 4th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Think of the possibilites. Horus, Apophis (gold armour and helmet), Kull, Tok'ra, the different armour varients, I'd really like the one teal'c wears in that link I posted above

WraithWarrior
March 4th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Think of the possibilites. Horus, Apophis (gold armour and helmet), Kull, Tok'ra, the different armour varients, I'd really like the one teal'c wears in that link I posted above

I know. I bet we'll see it in wave 2 actually cuz there seem to be like 10 figures in the first wave now plus the free figure. And as for Apophis I bet we'll see him in wave 2 as well. Hopefully we'll see the kull warriors in wave 3

Elite Anubis Guard
March 4th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Hell, different Tok'ra varients, with the different uniforms. Wow, Select are gonna make a fortune.

WraithWarrior
March 4th, 2006, 02:32 AM
They can go on forever with the SG figures, I mean when they are done with SG1 they can move onto SGA and then by the time they have finished with them there will be more SG1 to be made and so on :D

Elite Anubis Guard
March 4th, 2006, 02:34 AM
It's a shame they can't do movie figures, I'd love a Jackal guard.

HirogenGater
March 4th, 2006, 07:00 AM
It's a shame they can't do movie figures, I'd love a Jackal guard.

I'd love to see one of those.

WraithWarrior
March 4th, 2006, 03:43 PM
How come they cant d movie figures? Didnt they buy the rights to Stargate before they made the show?

the fifth man
March 4th, 2006, 08:29 PM
How come they cant d movie figures? Didnt they buy the rights to Stargate before they made the show?

Truthfully, I don't think they are too concerned with making figures from the movie. I think they want to focus on figures from SG-1 and it's nine seasons.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 5th, 2006, 12:26 AM
The rights for the movie and for the show are seperate things.

WraithWarrior
March 5th, 2006, 07:15 AM
It doesnt matter anyway cuz I know the ones that are gonna come out are gonna be good anyway :D

the fifth man
March 5th, 2006, 07:24 PM
It doesnt matter anyway cuz I know the ones that are gonna come out are gonna be good anyway :D

Indeed!:) No doubt in my mind.

WraithWarrior
March 6th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Indeed!:) No doubt in my mind.

Yep, only bout 3 months now :D:D:D:D:D

Wolf-man
March 6th, 2006, 03:50 PM
I'd love to see one of those.
That would be preety cool to have a toy/model of that ship. I would like to see a Gate toy/model.

WraithWarrior
March 7th, 2006, 03:53 AM
That would be preety cool to have a toy/model of that ship. I would like to see a Gate toy/model.

Welcome to the forum:D

And just for if you havent read any articles, etc. on the SG figures being released by DST then there will be a gate split into 6 or 8 and will be covered with two waves of the figures and the ramp will be split into two and will be covered over the same two waves but will come with an alien in each wave :D

HirogenGater
March 8th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Truthfully, I don't think they are too concerned with making figures from the movie. I think they want to focus on figures from SG-1 and it's nine seasons.
IF DST did get the license for the movie the only figures I would want are RA and a jackal guard. But since RA was shown in Moebius we might get him.

WraithWarrior
March 8th, 2006, 10:46 PM
IF DST did get the license for the movie the only figures I would want are RA and a jackal guard. But since RA was shown in Moebius we might get him.

Thats true.