X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGC Bugs still here in SG-A !

Yeah !

In SG-1, " SGC Bugs " were very frequents !
    But they've also invaded SG-A's Rising !
    Now ... What's an " SGC Bug " ?

Well ! It's a Chevron Bug, a shooting error or editing error.
    For example : They are dialing the Gate at SGC.
    Chevron Guy says "Chevron 5 encoded", but we see the Chevron 4 encoding ...

There's a lot of SGC Bugs in SG-1, OK ... but in "Rising", we the Expedition Team prepares to leave, they dial the Gate at SGC and guess ... Yeah ! There are SGC Bugs ! OMG !

This is crazy ===> We only see SGC a few minutes in "Rising", but they've managed to do SGC Bugs !

Come on ! On SG-1, they've shot and they'll shoot millions and millions of scenes in the SGC Gate Room, so we can understand they can make mistakes ... But for Stargate Atlantis, we only see the Gate Room during ... well 5 minutes ! I think they had to be serious and concentrated, because it was a very important sequence and there's no place for bugs in sequences like that !

But actually, they a bad editing, with SGC Bugs in Atlantis ! I can't believe it ...

So here are the SGC Bugs I've seen in the SGC scene from "Rising" :

- When the Chevron 4 four is activating,
    we see the Chevron 3 activating (the one in part low right part of the Gate)

- When the "young chevron guy" says "Chevron 5 encoded",
    we see in the gate reflection (on the control room glass) that the Chevron 5 isn't encoded.

- Before he says "Chevron 6 encoded", we see the Chevron 5 encoding (we can say it's chevron 5 and not 6 because of the camera view and the rings orientation, pretty vertical -> if it was chevron 6, the rings should be on an angle of 30°).

So it appears the Young Chevron Guy has one chevron more than the Gate we see when he talks ...

just some background errors, who cares!

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
      just some background errors, who cares!
      Indeed, who cares ... but I wanted to notice that ...

Just a Question :
      Is there any "error list of SG-1/SG-A Episodes" in this Forum ?

Comment

I really didn't notice, nor care.

Comment

Keep scrolling...
          Last edited by aschen; 28 July 2004, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Who said the chevrons HAD to light up in order? I thought the whole thing was like one big combonation lock anyway. Maybe not everything is happening in real time either...
            There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

You know offhand which chevron it is just by looking at it? You know which one is which? Wow. That's dedication to trivia right there. ::bows to the master::
              My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
              -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
              -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
              -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                You don't have any real friends, do you?
                Well actually I have many, many friends ... but I'm fond of cinema and video (I love editing, work on Adobe Premiere or others ...) so I use to care about these little things, these coherence details, in all the movies or series I watch ... that's all !

Comment

Rising Spoiler

OT Question: What is the name of the USAF engineer who is in the scene helping McKay hook up the ZPM to the to the gate's circuit breakers?

SPOLERS for past SG-1 epsiodes:

He appears in a few other episodes, I believe 48 hours was one of them, he also helped O'Neill try and cut power to the gate when they were trying to stop the wormhole connected to the planet near the blackhole.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                    OT Question: What is the name of the USAF engineer who is in the scene helping McKay hook up the ZPM to the to the gate's circuit breakers?
                    He appears in a few other episodes, I believe 48 hours was one of them, he also helped O'Neill try and cut power to the gate when they were trying to stop the wormhole connected to the planet near the blackhole.
                    He's Sergeant Siler, played by Dan Shea, who is also stunt coordinator for SG-1 and O'Neill stunt double since the beginning !

Sgt Siler first appeared in "Solitudes" (Season 1).

Comment

Good eye, Harlan.

I don't see why some of the members are dismissing this as trivial. After all, picking apart technical discrepancies is an integral part of Sci-Fi culture.

Dave

Comment

I thought it was Siler, but couldn't find out for sure, kept missing hte entry in the omnipedia. Thanks!!!

Comment

Face it, you'll never be able to fix every bug in the show, there will always be the odd two or three
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice
                            You know offhand which chevron it is just by looking at it? You know which one is which? Wow. That's dedication to trivia right there. ::bows to the master::
                            Hey ! No need to be a "master" !

Here are some Caps to show you this is not hard to see :

===> Chevrons Index

> Dave / 8th Chevron : you're right - the one who searches for some errors isn't mad or different ... he's just a curious fan ... and everybody knows fans are NEVER happy, they always search problems where there's nothing lol ...

Comment

Good screenshots for a start, and you certainly prooved your point!
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X