This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orii Soldiers

Thanks to unamed and his wonderfull images from the visimag stargate feature,
    http://www.visimag.com/tvzone/ts67_display.htm

We now have these concept images of orii soldiers:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...Picture010.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/metllica/gate2.jpg

Well i think we can all agree they look very cool, very orii and very viking like! they are realyl cool...not the kull warrior - priors of doom but more soden-vikings of doom...i like them, they better have alot otherwise we can just missileaway and be done with it!
    now ive said that they are all gunna have like cloaks, personal shields and superpowers arnt they!
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

I think considering the fact that the Ori keep their human servants intentionally at a primitive level of technology they would be similar to the Jaffa though fighting more on faith then combat experience or highly advanced technology. It would be very interesting to see these guys invade Jaffa worlds. I wouldnt underestimate the Jaffa's years of experience in being a warrior race under the Goa'uld so that should give them some advantage. Though who knows what other little surprises these guys might have *points to the staffs with the Ori symbol on top*

I personally wonder if there will be more elite versions of these warriors.....you know, better then the peasant militia but weaker then a prior. Then again a single prior along with these guys is enough to take over some locations.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

They look like an evil version of the Cimmerians
      Daniel: Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?
      Teal'c: We are in fact offering water.
      Jack O'Neill: Thank you.
      Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
      Jack O'Neill: Well stop it. It's not fair to Teal'c.

Comment

Oooooo...scary.
        * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

The priors or Ori must have altered them in some way or they wouldnt stand a chance against jaffa and earth soldiers
          Daniel: Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?
          Teal'c: We are in fact offering water.
          Jack O'Neill: Thank you.
          Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
          Jack O'Neill: Well stop it. It's not fair to Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by gary83
            The priors or Ori must have altered them in some way or they wouldnt stand a chance against jaffa and earth soldiers
            Technically they could if they have a single Prior with each invasion team. Plus if they have numbers which from the picture seems to slightly indicate it. Or they could simply be the peasant militia and better warriors are present for more difficult tasks.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I think the artists & whoever dreamed them up have been watching too much LOTR. Since these new guys have never known about the MW, how are they supposed to explain away the viking element of them.

I was looking for more scary & original looking warrirors, not a direct viking rip-off. So there is this & Vala already to not look forward to in S10. Wonder what's next!

Comment

I dunno... I sort of see the Ori as the opposite of the System Lords. The System Lords rule by fear, and don't give their Jaffa access to much more then they need. Remember the episode where Teal'c was thinking back about his past and how he was in AWE of the Gods (the Goa'uld) in their ability to activate the Chapa'ai (Stargate)?

The Ori seem to give to their followers, at least the ones they use for their nefarious purposes. Sure, if you are a villager, the Ori would not care too much in providing you with the latest technology, but just look at the Priors, look at their abilities! They even have a "failsafe" code imprinted into their genetic makeup so that if they ever turn on the Ori they blow up!

With that in mind, I almost see the armies of the Ori being made up of some seriously hard-core ships and technology, all being used to serve their Gods.

I could be totally wrong, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                  So there is this & Vala already to not look forward to in S10. Wonder what's next!
                  Oh here we go again someone sayin g something is going to be bad before even the writers know exactly whats going to happen. Remarks like this really piss me off.

I think they look very cool by the way, but like the Jaffa I think they will have more elite warriors.

Comment

Actually look at their weapons, at least in the second picture

If they arent Directed Energy Weapons I'll eat my hat

Comment

the weapons look like pitch forks. it seems that the ori are going to use large number of there servants and worshippers to just storm a planet with large numbers overwhelming the enemy

Comment

Helmets arnt exactly a mind boggling task for humans on a primitive level of technology and the idea of putting horns on them are also not exactly something earth could only do. Helmets = protection after all.

Also on the point of massive numbers, it will only take one prior and a large number of these guys for a battle. The prior could coordinate them and kill off difficult enemies while the warriors secure locations. Personally, i hope these guys are just the cannon fodder and more elite warriors are present.

Comment

I don't get why they would use large numbers instead of there stupidly advanced technology.

I mean, from what I picked up, the more followers they had, they more powerful they were. Why would they sacrifice a bunch, without even arming them properly when a few priors would likely kill whoever they came up against.

If those swords and staffs are not totally kick ass then I won't understand the reasoning behind their move to keep the warriors primitive. It’s not like you can easily kill someone who has ascended.
                          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

To me it looks like the staffs could fire something

Comment

Cool pics immhotep

I hope those staff weapons can do funky stuff and allot of damage
                              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
                              X