They are all Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are all Dead

I know this theory has been talked about in the past (at least by me), does anyone else get the feeling that the survivors are all actually dead and they are in some kind of purgatory for there sins?.

I'm not totally convinced of this, I also have a theory that they are all guinea pigs either for the US govt or some secret corporation that is involved in genetic experiments and behavioral science studies.

Any thoughts or other theories would be greatly appreciated, thanx.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
    I know this theory has been talked about in the past (at least by me), does anyone else get the feeling that the survivors are all actually dead and they are in some kind of purgatory for there sins?.

I'm not totally convinced of this, I also have a theory that they are all guinea pigs either for the US govt or some secret corporation that is involved in genetic experiments and behavioral science studies.

Any thoughts or other theories would be greatly appreciated, thanx.
    Perhaps, but it wouldn't explain why Shannon and Boone have now "made it out of purgatory", cause it's not exactly like they had some great revelation or anything before they died.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

I thought TPTB said they were all alive and kicking , well except of course Boone and Shannon now .

I also think they are part of an experiment and only the best ones will survive . It looks like for the experiment , they have chosen people with different qualities or abilities may be to see if they could fit in a group of strangers . They needed a doctor obviously as it was certain that people will be injured on the Island and also there was a pregnant woman so Jack is the one who can or try to save everyone if they are ill . He appears to have become the leader just because of his doctor position as he needs to give orders for assistance when something goes bad . Kate is mostly his assistant and we saw that many time ..Kate is also an adventuress and can go places by herself without being too scared ..She is a good tracker like Locke .. so Kate and Locke are very useful . Locke has also the ability to calm people down because he is a good listener and he knows what to say at the right time.

All the others also have something special to bring ..so yes, it's a experiment to see who will survive at the end .
      we know that Boone and Shannon died because I reckon , they were the weakest links and didn't bring anything special to the situation ..I'm not sure who is the weakest link next or do not know if TPTB is going that route but to me at the moment , it seems that way .

and a question :

What do you think the other people of the group bring to their awkward situation and who do you think is the next weakest link ?!!

For example , What does Sawyer bring to the situation ?

I don't think Sawyer brings anything in particular but he is there to mess things up and see how the others could cope with a pain in the a$$ amongst a group ..like a bully let'say .
      he may not be the weakest link but I think he may eventually be killed intentionnaly by one of the group if he carries on with his selfishness . If he is a threat to the well being of others , somebody will have to deal with him not that they would like to do it ..but it's better to sacrifice one and let everyone else be safe .

Sun and Jin brings LOVE to the Island and can show the others how to love and also there are ups and downs in a relationship ..This is their role I think for being on the Island plus extra little things like being Self productive as Sun is a good gardener so they can produce their own fruits and vegetables . Jin , I think represents a guy who resisted the temptation to be well off by becoming a killer and he could be a really good example to Sawyer if Sawyer wants to take his second chance of a new life in his own hands .

What about the others ?!!

Caty
      Last edited by Catysg1; 21 February 2006, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        I also think they are part of an experiment and only the best ones will survive . It looks like for the experiment , they have chosen people with different qualities or abilities may be to see if they could fit in a group of strangers . They needed a doctor obviously as it was certain that people will be injured on the Island and also there was a pregnant woman so Jack is the one who can or try to save everyone if they are ill . He appears to have become the leader just because of his doctor position as he needs to give orders for assistance when something goes bad . Kate is mostly his assistant and we saw that many time ..Kate is also an adventuress and can go places by herself without being too scared ..She is a good tracker like Locke .. so Kate and Locke are very useful . Locke has also the ability to calm people down because he is a good listener and he knows what to say at the right time.
        Thats a very logical sounding theory Catysg1!, they very well could there in a strongest survives type experiment, hmmmmmm, I like that theory.

Originally posted by catysg1
        For example , What does Sawyer bring to the situation ?

I don't think Sawyer brings anything in particular but he is there to mess things up and see how the others could cope with a pain in the a$$ amongst a group ..like a bully let'say .
        he may not be the weakest link but I think he may eventually be killed intentionnaly by one of the group if he carries on with his selfishness . If he is a threat to the well being of others , somebody will have to deal with him not that they would like to do it ..but it's better to sacrifice one and let everyone else be safe
        Another viable theory, good stuff!. Sawyer is kind of grading to watch. His machi persona and killer antics (crushing a helpless tree frog to show off) are disturbing. There is going to be a big show-down between Sawyer and everyone else when the guns are needed. I doubt they will kill him off, apparently he is eye candy for the ladies

Caty
        What about the others?, could they be relics that managed to survive a similar experiment and maybe killed off the scientists that were studying them?, or could they actually be the scientists that once were part of the 'Hatch' experiment?.

Great post Catysg1!.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I also doubt they will kill Sawyer because of what you said but he's such a bad man that I hope he will realise he has a second chance of a new life . I understand that in a situation like they are in , your animal instincts may take prioprities but the others like Jack , kate , Locke , Hurley, Sun seems to be dealing with that alright . I think they all try to fit in except Sawyer . May be , one day he will become Robinson Crusoe and go and live on his own on another part of the Island .. Imagine the story of Tom Hanks in Cast away ..then it could happen to Sawyer . May be it's the only way he will learn how to be part of a group and share and help .
          Solitude is very good sometimes because it may you think about how much you miss interactions with others and makes you appreciate company and how important it is for your life ....See Sawyer can even find an object which used to be from the plane and call it Kate instead of Wilson ..LOL Then he will understand it's hard to be alone as you mostly talk to yourself or if you talk to you imaginery friend , there is NO feed back and it's a sad life to live that way . therefore when he comes back , he may be a better person but one thing is sure , he needs to learn how to fit in and respect others otherwise , he will always be the outsider with no trust and just hate from everybody else ..Even Jack as nice as he is may refuse to help him next time he is injured .

Now what about Hurley, Michael , walter, Ana Lucia , Eko , Charlie , Claire !!! what do they bring to their situation ?

I think , for Michael , it's easy ..He is an architect and we saw him building a raft and a boat .He did say one day that he could build showers ..not that they need them at the moment because of the tunnel and we now there are showers in there . but may be one day he could build little wooden houses , chalets or tree houses ..who knows !!! he seems capable of doing that as he is a labour man , good with his hands . Lockes seems to be quite artistic too as he built a cot for Clair's baby ..so Locke could become the interior designer too ..LOL ..the rest of the task force can just help .

Claire is useful because she needs to bring up her child the proper way even if he is bringing brought up on the Island .
          Charlie can bring Harmony and fun with his singing and his guitar ..This is very important too because it may lead to LOVE between all those people .

Ana Lucia ..well she is a cop ,a good shooter hopefully so she could be there to protect the group from other shooters .She is definatley not a weak link but TPTB may kill her off if her character is hated by everyone .

Not sure about Hurley !!!we know he thinks he is unlucky or bring bad luck to people around him because of those numbers . he is really awkward too ..so not sure about him ..he is just a very nice guy though , very helpful, and gets on with everybody . Perhaps he shows the perfect interactions with people and everybody could follow his example ..He will be loved by everyone even if he is not the best looking man in the group .His other qualities are much more important than just being a hunk like Sawyer . All Sawyer has is an outer beauty and that's all . Hurley has a lot more than that . In fact , it seems that Hurley represents perfection of a human being (inner beauty).
          I still think that Jack is the whole package (outer and inner beauty) ...the real good example to follow very much like Hurley except Hurley is more innocent ..jack is a mature man who can make the difference between evil and good . May be Hurley is just learning those things and is not sure if he is bad or good . he is quite insecure but such a nice guy and nearly perfect .

Caty
          Last edited by Catysg1; 21 February 2006, 07:31 AM.

Comment

I also doubt they will kill Sawyer because of what you said but he's such a bad man that I hope he will realise he has a second chance of a new life . I understand that in a situation like they are in , your animal instincts may take prioprities but the others like Jack , kate , Locke , Hurley, Sun seems to be dealing with that alright . I think they all try to fit in except Sawyer . May be , one day he will become Robinson Crusoe and go and live on his own on another part of the Island .. Imagine the story of Tom Hanks in Cast away ..then it could happen to Sawyer . May be it's the only way he will learn how to be part of a group and share and help .
            Solitude is very good sometimes because it may you think about how much you miss interactions with others and makes you appreciate company and how important it is for your life ....See Sawyer can even find an object which used to be from the plane and call it Kate instead of Wilson ..LOL Then he will understand it's hard to be alone as you mostly talk to yourself or if you talk to you imaginery friend , there is NO feed back and it's a sad life to live that way . therefore when he comes back , he may be a better person but one thing is sure , he needs to learn how to fit in and respect others otherwise , he will always be the outsider with no trust and just hate from everybody else ..Even Jack as nice as he is may refuse to help him next time he is injured .
            You might be right in the fact that they sure are going out of there way to make Sawyer out to be evil and an isolationist. They might be building him up this way to turn him around in one fell swoop to be the hero or savior?. They are building up to something big with him one way or the other.

Hurley, Michael , walter, Ana Lucia , Eko , Charlie , Claire !!! what do they bring to their situation ?

I think , for Michael , it's easy ..He is an architect and we saw him building a raft and a boat .He did say one day that he could build showers ..not that they need them at the moment because of the tunnel and we now there are showers in there . but may be one day he could build little wooden houses , chalets or tree houses ..who knows !!! he seems capable of doing that as he is a labour man , good with his hands . Lockes seems to be quite artistic too as he built a cot for Clair's baby ..so Locke could become the interior designer too ..LOL ..the rest of the task force can just help .

Claire is useful because she needs to bring up her child the proper way even if he is bringing brought up on the Island .
            Charlie can bring Harmony and fun with his singing and his guitar ..This is very important too because it may lead to LOVE between all those people .

Ana Lucia ..well she is a cop ,a good shooter hopefully so she could be there to protect the group from other shooters .She is definatley not a weak link but TPTB may kill her off if her character is hated by everyone .

Not sure about Hurley !!!we know he thinks he is unlucky or bring bad luck to people around him because of those numbers . he is really awkward too ..so not sure about him ..he is just a very nice guy though , very helpful, and gets on with everybody .

Caty
            Michael is another mystery, where is he?, will he comeback as one of the "others"?, will he bring his son back?. No idea where they are going with him.

Claire I don't have much opinion of one way or the other. I don't see where she fits in to the story at all.

Ana Lucia gets a bad wrap from everyone it seems, on and off the set. Of course she probably brings it on herself, but I see a lot of potential with her character. I can actually see her leading the whole group.

Hurley, poor Hurley, "if it was'nt for bad luck, I would'nt have any luck at all". He is one of, if not the most mysterious of all the characters. I would love to see him turn coat and get involved with the others
            Last edited by the Fifth Race; 21 February 2006, 07:40 AM.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I haven't seen the last 5 episodes ..I saw up to "The other 48 days " so I 'm not aware where Michael is right now but hopefully I will catch up soon .

As for Ana Lucia ,
              Me ,I quite like her character and I would like to find out if her revenge for losing her unborn baby was justified enough and why she really killed the guy and went oulaw to do it .I reckon that being a cop but a female , nobody wanted to deal with the case legally so she took matter in her own hands and did justice to her unborn child and to her, it meant a lot ..so yes I would like to find out more in flashbacks why she did that ...it's very interesting to see a cop turning outlaw and why ?!!

I also think she is a strong link and very much like Jack . She can perhaps bring Justice and can be the sheriff ..LOL The Law person even if she broke it in her past . May be she is there to do her job properly and investigate when Somebody does something stupid ...and one of the room in the tunnel could become the jail cell . I can see Sawyer going there a lot . LOL

Caty

Comment

its not purgatory.

at this point, that would be a lame cop-out.

the end.

Comment

You think Ana Lucia could turn out to an "other" and is there to work from the inside?. I know some of the flashbacks do not really lend to this theory, but something tells me if could be a possibility?.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                    its not purgatory.

at this point, that would be a lame cop-out.

the end.

What do you think it is then ?

Do you agree with the scientific experiment ?!! I can't see anything else to be honest !!!

caty

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                      You think Ana Lucia could turn out to an "other" and is there to work from the inside?. I know some of the flashbacks do not really lend to this theory, but something tells me if could be a possibility?.
                      I never thought about that . I suppose when I first saw her and she was sent to the hole with Sawyer , Michael and Jin then she took the gun and asked her friends to let her out , I didn't really like her and I thought they were "The others " but then I understood why she did that ..Her group lived like Hell for 48 days and were hunted really as Jack's group was in paradise in comparison ... So I understand her for being carefull about who she trusts .
                      Well I don't think she is part of "the others " because she killed one of then beginning of season 2 and we know that she was on the plane .
                      Unless the others are Body snatchers ..LOL then she should not be an "other"

caty

Comment

What do you think it is then ?

Do you agree with the scientific experiment ?!! I can't see anything else to be honest !!!

caty
                        I'm not willing to write off a certain response at this point in the series.

I didn't read your specific posts because I've been through this discussion time and time again on my other message boards, but I am willing to entertain the idea that it is some scientific experiment in a few ways:

1) Dharma set up an experimental lab biosphere on the island, and something went wrong, now everyone is loco.

2) Dharma is conducting an experiment on the survivors - meaning they made the plane crash (Dharma logo on the plane).

But, truthfully, I hope it's something much, much cooler.
                        That being said, I won't be one of those people at the end that goes "wow i waited 6 seasons for that? That's stupid I hate Lost." Whatever they chose I'll enjoy.

Comment

Not to mention the flashbacks of her and Jack flirting in the airport bar before the flight, tells that she is not an "other". I don't know what to think about her character, I have a feeling she is something alot more than we know so far (wghich could be true of all the characters!).
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I thought TPTB said they were all alive and kicking , well except of course Boone and Shannon now .
                            *snipped for space*

Caty
                            But why was Locke able to walk after the crash? If the Island had anything to do with it (which I just don't see how), then he was given an advantage, which doesn't seem fair if its survival of the fittest. And if he hadn't been able to walk after, then he would not have the abilities that give him what appears to be his purpose.

My head spins trying to put it all together.
                            sigpic
                            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Blueiris

Well , I think Locke was deprived of his legs later on in life , a terrible accident and it was not fair either . ..so may be the Island is giving him the chance to use his legs again and use his other abilities : Tracking , hunting and he is a quest man too and a very good psychologist .

So if the Island has given Locke his legs back so that he can fit with the experiment ..then what has the Island given to the others ?!!!.

when you think about it Locke is probably the only one with Claire and Hurley who didn't do anything they feel ashame of .

Other people did some bad things to them , John had a terrible father who used him for his kidney , Claire was left by boyfriend who wanted the baby to start with and then refused to be part of it .
                              Hurley has not been hurt by anyone but he won the lottery and since that he has been miserable because of the bad luck around him . In a way , he may think he is bad ..but really he is not . Since he can't use his money anymore , may be it was the only way out for him to find happiness again and the Island gave him that .
                              For Claire , well we know that she wanted to have her baby adopted because her boyfriend left her but it's not what she really wanted to do to start with .She didn't want a baby , she kept him because the boyfriend told her they will make it work and it would be great Poor Claire so the Island gave her the chance to get to know her baby and bring him up .

Sun and Jin got the chance to be together as we know that Sun wanted to leave him anyway even if she still loved him ..so the Island gave them back their peacefull togetherness without the pressure of Sun's dad who was a real baddy and who would have got both of them killed eventually as he was running an assassination business . Sun and Jin have been deceived tremendously ..therefore , they needed freedom again .

Michael didn't do anything that bad in a way because he got separated from Walter his son but he seems like that he didn't really contributed in raising the child when that child was with them .He didn't work and I do understand that he kept saying to his wife that he would find a job eventually but financially it was hard and even if he wanted to find a job in archictecture , then he perhaps should have worked anywhere just to make ends meet in the meantime ..so I think he was not entirely responsible for having a family . I think his wife broke up with him because she was fed up of him not working .
                              Now On the Island , he has the chance to get to know his son and this is what the Island is giving him because he is not entirely to blame .

All the others have done a few bad things ....kate , well we know that she killed someone , Sawyer killed someone too , Ana Lucia killed someone too , Charlie was a junkie and a thief .

Jack was extremely good until he reported his father ..He was right to do it as his dad was killing people because of his condition ( Alcoolholic ) and As both Jack and dad were doctor but I think Jack blamed himself for ruining his dad's career but also because he is the son of the doctor who killed patients and felt partly responsible ...so he has now a chance to be THE DOC and the Island gave him the status of savior . He saves lives and we saw him doing it a few times . He is the only one who can do it and is not in competition with anyone in that matter specially Dad .

Charlie has the chance to become a clean person again and we already know that his drug addcition has been erased thanks to locke ..for the time being ..but the Island keep testing them anyway all the time ..so for Charlie the Island has provided him with some more drugs just to see if he is a true survivor . The Island also gave him the chance to become a father ( Claire and baby ) and be part of a family just like his brother and hoping that he will choose whe right path when the tough gets going . His brother did it , why not him !!!

For the 3 killers , Kate, Sawyer and Ana ..well the Island is giving them a chance to stop running away , look at themselves and perhaps become better people by watching the other survivors , and mostly get the opportunity to share , help and be part of a little community that they have not really known much as they seem like they were moslty all solitary people before that .

Sorry I forgot Sahid .. I can't remember if he killed anyone or not !!! I may have to watch his episodes again . Sahid is a very sad story though ..a love story gone wrong because of who he was ..an Iraqui . The Island didn't give him his lover back ..it gave him another lover in Shannon but then it took it away from him ... Why ?!! I don't know !! The only reason I can think of is that Shannon was the weakest link and like Boone as Locke said , they were the sacrifices of the Island with no other explanations .

This is why I think it's a survival experiment and only the best will win . It does not mean only one will survive . they can all survive if they fit well together like a puzzle ...but it will perhaps be harder for the killers of the group because of their very deranged past and unstability and a killer instinct is perhaps the hardest thing to solve .

Caty
                              Last edited by Catysg1; 22 February 2006, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X