This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeanie McKay "Possible Spoilers"

I heard that we are going to meet Rodney McKay's sister. So this thread is to talk about how she might act. What her role might be. Does anyone know anything about her at all? I would like her to be nice but, have a bit of a attitude. She is most likely very smart. I want her to be different then most of the women on Atlantis. Well that's what I want her to be. What do you want her to be like?

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Well I dont' know..I'm unsure if she's gonna be for good or just for one ep...Either way she'd be welcome in my book....I have no problems with kirking, and I want to meet Mckay's sister.

But I think I'll like her, I like all the women on SGA...so if she's regular, I'll like her.

If she's there for kirking and McKay, then she might be kirking with Shep...although it would be funnier if she got something with Ronon....if only to bug McKay---both would bug McKay..but Ronon would be funnier...

personality wise...I want her to be the opposite of McKay..it would be great if she actually was in the military or something....I don't wnt her to be as smart as McKay..intelligent yes..just not like that..if she is..not as arrogant.

And I hope she really cares for her brother above all else...that would be excellent...I would love to see her as very loving and caring of Rodney and just be able to silence Rodney with a look..she hopefuly will be sincere and shy!! I really would like to see her shy...but confident when addressed.

VB
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I've always thought that there was some serious tension between Rodney and his sister, based on his message in Letters From Pegasus. I'd like to see that expanded on and dealt with in the show.
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

If they get Kate Hewlett (DH's sister in real life) to play her, it should be fun. She's got what they refer to as "Hewlettisms" which obviously identify her as DH's family. So that would work out well. And there is a family resemblence.

I'm guessing it will be on Earth, like if they have to go home for something. AND I hope she's as snarky as Rodney, but sweet.

And I'd LOVE to see her be John's latest Kirk target. Rodney'd go thru the roof! LOL!

Rodney: "Air..person. Don't be there.(pause) Crap."
        Hermiod: "what did you do?"
        Rodney: "...It's Wraith."
        Hermiod: "Crap, indeed."

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony Wolf
          I heard that we are going to meet Rodney McKay's sister. So this thread is to talk about how she might act. What her role might be. Does anyone know anything about her at all? I would like her to be nice but, have a bit of a attitude. She is most likely very smart. I want her to be different then most of the women on Atlantis. Well that's what I want her to be. What do you want her to be like?
          Well a lot of DH fans are hoping his real life sister will play her. Unfortunately Joe Mallozzi left GW before he could answer my question as to whether that was seriously being considered. I have read fanfics that place her as being older, but David only has younger sisters, so if Kate Hewlett was to play her she would be younger then Rodney for a start.

I don't think you can assume just because Rodney is smart that his sibling would be, trust me on that, but it could be fun to make her actually smarter than him but she maybe didn't take it too the places McKay did, she played it down, a bit like Sheppard and his Mensa/math thing.

I hope it is a fun episode and that it is an A or B plot, I would hate it to be just a background C plot. Personally I don't want Sheppard anywhere near her but Carson could be nice to see mooning over her.

Of course a dark episode could be good too, there is a lot about Rodney's background we don't know, and really this would be more about Rodney then his sister. Some assume because of Redemption/Letters from Pegasus that he had a nasty and hard childhood, but I don't necessarily see that as canon, I am also well aware TPTB are not going to just hand us things on a platter where the characters are concerned so we may find out very little about Rodney's childhood or parents (are they still alive?).

Ultimately I don't care it will be interesting whatever direction they chose to take.

Comment

Originally posted by Hananian
            If they get Kate Hewlett (DH's sister in real life) to play her, it should be fun. She's got what they refer to as "Hewlettisms" which obviously identify her as DH's family. So that would work out well. And there is a family resemblence.

I'm guessing it will be on Earth, like if they have to go home for something. AND I hope she's as snarky as Rodney, but sweet.

And I'd LOVE to see her be John's latest Kirk target. Rodney'd go thru the roof! LOL!
            Oh man, that would be hysterical (the last sentence). Or worse, Jeannie goes "who's the hunk?" and Rodney then proceeds to choke and gasp on his coffee!

Yeah, I believe his sister is in his independent film so if she can act, I say make her McKay's sister. That would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
              Oh man, that would be hysterical (the last sentence). Or worse, Jeannie goes "who's the hunk?" and Rodney then proceeds to choke and gasp on his coffee!
              See to me that would be too cliche for Rodney, I want something we haven't seen or are not likly to have seen. That is just too much like every other Rodney, John interaction.
              Yeah, I believe his sister is in his independent film so if she can act, I say make her McKay's sister. That would be cool.
              Kate has a small part in the movie Dark Water, and she has been in at least one play that Martin Gero saw (Martin who is writing this eppy ) so I think she can act.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                Kate has a small part in the movie Dark Water, and she has been in at least one play that Martin Gero saw (Martin who is writing this eppy ) so I think she can act.
                Kate's actually been in several things now. She's also one of the leads in DH's new indie movie he's shooting and she's said to be quite good.

Comment

Please God, do not have Sheppard kirking over her that would make the ep sooo unbearable. I've had enough kirking for a life time in season 2 and it's not even finished yet!

Anyway, I've been hoping that Jeanie is to Rodney as Jacob is to Sam. Have her somehow be involved with the SGA universe so she could be a frequent reoccuring.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

I made a funny scene with my sister BP between her and Ronon. Something just for fun. Rodney is missing.

John:Teyla and I are going to find Rodney. Ronon take Jeanie and, go throw the gate.

Teyla and him turned and started off in the direction Rodney went.

Jeanie:What?! I can help!

She yelled after them.

John:Just go with Ronon.

He said over his shoulder. John and Teyla goes to find Rodney.

Jeanie:Well that's not going to happen.

Ronon: We better get going.

Jeanie:No you better get going. I'm going to stay here.

Ronon:What?

Jeanie:Rodney is my brother and, I'm not going throw the gate with out him.

Ronon:We need to get you through the gate because the Wraith are here and, You will just get in the way.

Ronon started off towards the gate.

Jeanie: Excuse me? Have you ever seen me fight? Just because I am a scientist doesn't mean I can't fight. Until you do just shut your mouth.

Ronon stopped and turned to her.

Ronon: Lets just get going.

Jeanie: No! I'm staying right here!

Ronon: We have no time for this. Lets go.

He turns to leave.

Jeanie: Make me.

Ronon turns and studies her. After a few seconds he went up to, her grabbed her, and tossed her over his shoulder.

Jeanie: Put me down! Ronon if you don't I swear I am going to... Wait. What are we doing? We are acting childish.

Ronon puts her down and levels a look at her that clearly says I am not the one that started it. Jeanie looked around and, went over and grabbed a vine. Ronon watching this lifts an eyebrow. Jeanie walked over to a tree and tied herself to it.

Jeanie: I am not going through the gate without my brother.

Ronon rolled his eyes, pulled out a knife, and started towards her. A movement over Ronon's shoulder caught her attention. She watched in horror as a wraith walked out from behind the trees.

Jeanie: Cut me free! Cut me free!

So what do you think? I hope you guys like it.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Originally posted by Hananian
                      Kate's actually been in several things now. She's also one of the leads in DH's new indie movie he's shooting and she's said to be quite good.
                      Yes I know... David said she was good. Well he would, but I think he really meant it.
                      Originally posted by GatetheWay
                      Anyway, I've been hoping that Jeanie is to Rodney as Jacob is to Sam. Have her somehow be involved with the SGA universe so she could be a frequent reoccuring.
                      I don't mind that idea, which is why I think Kate should play her, as it would probably be easier to convince her to return if they needed Jeanie to appear again, thinking of what happened with CT in Michael/Allies.

I also thought about her maybe being as tough as nails! To see her being the exact opposite of Rodney would be fun too, this really has to be a comedy episode.

----
                      Ebony Wolf: Interesting, but you kind of lost me.

Comment

I think it'd be neat if Jean McKay was Rodney's total opposite: She's good with people, charming, caring, senstive, etc.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                          Ebony Wolf: Interesting, but you kind of lost me.
                          What confused you? If you wonder why I did the story. It's because Black Panther and I ran in to a lot of people talking about Jeanie and Ronon. So we just had some fun making up what she might be like. If it's the story. Just tell me what part confused you. The story is just a thought what she may be like. Sorry that it's confusing.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                            I think it'd be neat if Jean McKay was Rodney's total opposite: She's good with people, charming, caring, senstive, etc.
                            That would be so cool and funny if that was true.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                              If his life growing up was ANYTHING like the fanfics portray, she'd have to be. If he was the despised child, she'd be the treasured one. Which means she'd be a people person.

Comment

Working...
                              X