This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Lost' episode?

I wonder if anyone can help me- I seem to remember a Stargate episode in which Daniel gets turned 'bad' in some way and gets control of a large 'super weapon'. I remember him being in a black room surrounded by screens, computer equipment and followers- theatening to blow a country/world up. Jack tries to stop him but I can't remember if he succeeds or not. I really don't think this is a stargate epsiode (I think i've just subsituted characters)- but if anyone recognises this rather vague plotline i've described please let me know, it's been bugging me for a while.
    sigpic

Originally posted by soapy-sock
    I wonder if anyone can help me- I seem to remember a Stargate episode in which Daniel gets turned 'bad' in some way and gets control of a large 'super weapon'. I remember him being in a black room surrounded by screens, computer equipment and followers- theatening to blow a country/world up. Jack tries to stop him but I can't remember if he succeeds or not. I really don't think this is a stargate epsiode (I think i've just subsituted characters)- but if anyone recognises this rather vague plotline i've described please let me know, it's been bugging me for a while.
    Absolute Power - season 4 i think

Yes - here's the GW guide to the episode: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s4/417.shtml

So yes, it was a Stargate Episode - but it was also sort of an AU, as Shifu played out the scenario in Daniel's head, to prove something to him
    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
      Absolute Power - season 4 i think

Yes - here's the GW guide to the episode: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s4/417.shtml
      Quoted for truth

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

I'm so silly- its in the season I don't have on dvd- which would explain why I haven't seen it in a long while. Thanks for your help.
        sigpic

Comment

No Problem - i knew the answer (although i'm quite impressed by my speed of response), so was only too glad to help
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I have to agree it was very speedy- many thanks again.
            sigpic

Comment

Fantastic ep IMO, one of S4's best
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Hmm..asked and answered. Later.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

yep a very good episode

Comment

Very good episode. The entire scenario was actually a dream that Shifu caused Daniel to have. Daniel wanted access to the Goa'uld genetic memory, so Shifu gave him this dream to prove to him that the Goa'uld genetic memory would corrupt him, that it couldn't be used for "good" because power corrupts, and everything that makes the Goa'uld evil and power hungry is part of their genetic memory.

Comment

Well yeah....the episode title Absolute Power clearly refers to the common phrase "absolute power corrupts absolutely," insinuating that even the purest (in this case Daniel) are corruptable.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                      X