Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trivia

I thought this would be an interesting post:

*Kardos (The Enoly) was originally going to be Selmak but then Threads aired and thus this was changed.

*Valiant is the only episode in S2 of Horizon to open close on some sort of drink. The Fantastic Three had Lenori and his milkshake.

Comeon TPTB, throw some in as well.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

*The Draque Module from Parti Pris where most of the action occurs was going to be a full Scalerious ship. The week before we realized one would never fit through the Spacegate, thus we were very close to a continuity error.

*There are a few 24 inspired names thrown into the characters. Major Reynolds has the same first name as James Badge Dale's character in season three, while Edmunds from the midseason three parter has his last name. Also look for a "Logan" in the episodes to come.

*A few working title for episodes already aired or soon to be aired:

2.02 A Time to Survive-"Condition One"
    2.09 Parti Pris-"Agenda"
    2.11 The Devil to Pay-"Earth Crisis, Part One"
    2.12 Path of Revelation, Part One-"Earth Crisis, Part Two," "The Chamber"
    2.16 Convergence-"Yusuf Returns"
    2.17 Necessary Evil-"Zach Story" (This one still subject to change)
    2.18 Amazing Grace-"David Story"
    2.21 Catch 22-"Crossfire" (Plot revamp brought name change)
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

*Yasuf Nayar is actually a combination of two 24 characters.

*"The Cold and Distant Stars" is actually the working title for an episode of DS9, one of the series which inspired the character orientated aspect of Horizon.
      sigpic

Comment

*wanders in*
        • The guest star of "Sherna Irad" in Season Two's "Providence" was originally named "Shyla Irad." It was changed upon discovery that the name "Shyla" had been used in the SG-1 episode "Need."
        • Captain Beaumont was originally not in "Providence." His part would have been filled by Air Force Major Evan Lange, who would have gone on to appear in the original "Sivok Returns" story, called "The Only Justice." He would have commanded the newly-formed Horizon-5.
        • A deleted scene from "Providence" would have revealed that Major Reynolds felt similar hated upon his first meeting with an Ori Prior due to his Jewish heritage and his grandfather's suffrage during the Holocaust. It would also have been learned that Grant and Reynolds served together on SG-17.
        • Season Two's third episode originally dealt with a crashed Enoly warship on a planet in the Milky Way. At the end of that episode, Tom would have rejoined Horizon-1.
        • "Hiron Bay'lar" (first name by me) was originally named "Rabel Be'lar" (full name by me).
        • Before the introduction of "Dr. Ro'nell," Lenori would have resumed his duties of station doctor in "Troika." In episode three, however, the audience would have met his temporary replacement : Vorian "Doctor Alira No'tal" (again, full name by me).
        • For a time, the "Main Deck" was known by the name "Central," before it was decided to return to its original name ("Main Deck").
        • In "A Time to Rise," there was some debate over whether or not Zach should call Christine by her first name during Zach's scene with Colonel Grant.
        • Vorian "President Adari" was originally named "Adara". This was changed because the name Adara had already been used in SG-1. The name change, which was originally dismissed, was my suggestion.
        • "Commander De'van Callen" originally carried the same rank of Sivea. Upon concerns by Joe Hodkiss, is was changed to be Commander, Third Grade.
        • Callen's son, "Ma'kin," was originally named "Makin," without the apostrophe.
        *wanders out*
        Rocky

Comment

Interesting stuff that I didn't know. I never quite knew what you had had in mind for "The Only Justice" and how it compares with "Parti Pris." Guess I wandered in late.

The naming stuff was interesting as well. Hard to picture Bay'lar being called anything other than Bay'lar.

Let's see if I can pull anything else from the bowels of my mind:

*There was originally a fourth Draque that would appear in "Parti Pris." He would be a personel friend of Sivok who would be the first to die of the virus. Unfortunately, he didn't make it into the last draft. Hmmm, I should really be saving this 2.09 stuff for "The Making Of..."

*"What Comes Before the Dawn" is currently creator Alex Rubit's record for the least amount of time written to write a script: Four days.

*The original episode three of season two was meant to involve an Enoly warship. After much revamping and being shelved and unshelved, shelved again, and would you know it?: Unshelved again it has become the twenty first. The only plot point that hasn't changed through the revamps? The inclusion of an Enoly ship.

*All Draque so far have names that are two syllables. The final two letters are always a vowel followed by a "k:" Sivok, Lonik, Tarok, and Grenak.

*Lenori was originally going to return to his job right away after returning in "Troika." It was decided that he would not do so for some time. From 2.04-2.09, Lenori is on station, but not actually part of the medical team.
          Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

This is a fun idea. I don't quite know where to start, there's quite a lot.

I guess I could say - for those who didn't know - that we had initially planned to kill off Sivok in the season one finale. But we realized he's just too great a character, so kept him around.

"Secrets and Lies" was originally going to be a much more serious episode, and it was originally called "Inquisition". But throughout the process it changed drasically and became more of a light episode, at least to a certain degree.

Originally we had considered having Gorlon appear in "Parti Pris", but that didn't work out for a number of reasons. Mainly because in the end he would have only appeared in one scene, and we felt his character would have deserved a larger role. So, Gorlon became an unnamed "Enoly Mediator".
            Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Ooooo, I had forgotten about that one. Trying to recall any other appearances that might have been changed.

*The original outline for "The Fantastic Three" was an extraordinarily long twenty four pages (correct me on this is I'm mistaken).

*The original outline for "Parti Pris" was also an extraordinarily long twenty one pages (not sure about this one either, but I think that's it).

*The original outline for the unreleased and for the moment shelved episode "In One's Pocket" was an extremely long thirty pages (once again...)!
              Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
                *The original outline for the unreleased and for the moment shelved episode "In One's Pocket" was an extremely long thirty pages (once again...)!
                Oy. I don't know how many revisions it went through (or didn't) since I saw it, but that was a long outline. Confusing too. If you want another piece of trivia, that episode title is one I'm not particularly fond of, but I feel free saying that because I suggested it.
                Rocky

Comment

Oy. I don't know how many revisions it went through (or didn't) since I saw it, but that was a long outline. Confusing too. If you want another piece of trivia, that episode title is one I'm not particularly fond of, but I feel free saying that because I suggested it.
                  Another title possibility was "Silent Mire." Not sure if it'll ever get released now, though.

*Correction to an earlier fact: Alex's newest record for a script is two and a half days, as mentioned on his blog, for 2.15 "The Adversary."

*Every time staff writer Mike works on a draft, he gets a strange Microsoft Word error that won't let him open the document without going through a long process that requires the assistance of someone else. It has happened again and it's beginning to piss him off. Not so much a trivia fact as it is me venting.
                  Last edited by SierraGulf1; 22 February 2006, 02:46 PM.
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

*The character name Sonak, is also a Vulcan character in the first Star Trek movie.
                    sigpic

Comment

*wanders back in*

*remembers something else*

*mulls it over, and then decides to type*
                      • The character of "Chief Hiron Bay'lar" was originally a Vorian Lieutenant Commander. It was decided (pretty sure Joe Hodkiss brought it up) that he would be the third Commander to be featured on a regular basis, so it was decided to change his rank. With "Chief" (at least in my mind) sounding like a human rank and, deciding to do with something different, I suggested that his rank could be "head" (as in "head of security"). That didn't go over well, so it was changed back to "chief."
                      *wanders out again, cause he's probably not welcome*
                      Rocky

Comment

Not wanted? Why would you be not wanted?

While I'm here, I guess I can release some trivia on 2.12 that I know, since I couldn't really do so without spoilers. You'll learn a lot more in the podcast:

-2.12 and 2.13 were originally one episode: "The Chamber."
                        Spoiler:
                        -General Williams' death was brought up a few times, but was not discussed much until the event actually happened. To everyone, even the staff, except for Alex, it came as a surprise.
                        Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
                          *wanders back in*

*remembers something else*

*mulls it over, and then decides to type*
                          • The character of "Chief Hiron Bay'lar" was originally a Vorian Lieutenant Commander. It was decided (pretty sure Joe Hodkiss brought it up) that he would be the third Commander to be featured on a regular basis, so it was decided to change his rank. With "Chief" (at least in my mind) sounding like a human rank and, deciding to do with something different, I suggested that his rank could be "head" (as in "head of security"). That didn't go over well, so it was changed back to "chief."
                          *wanders out again, cause he's probably not welcome*
                          I agree, why would you be not wanted? We're all a big happy family over here.

And yeah, we all kind of realized that we've gotten to a point where we had enough commanders on the show, not as much with regard to individual characters, but with regard to the different races. The Vorians, the Draque and the Aschen were all having commanders. So that was the reason for why the Enoly ended up having a completely different form of rankings, which I really love, as they're very unique. It was Joe Hodkiss who came up with the Enoly rank structure, and he also started developing an Enoly language which is used for whenver we introduce Enoly terms. You'll notice that the term "Lohnah" keeps recurring. Ter'Lohnah, which refers to a mineral; and Kah'Lohnah, which are the Enoly warriors which we introduced in "A Time To Rise". "Lohnah" basically means "superior".

And Bay'lar's rank is Lieutenant, but he's generally referred to as Chief, which is short for Chief of Security. At first we weren't sure if Chief would sound "too human", but it was decided that it works well. After all, Colm Meany's character on Atlantis is also referred to as Chief, interestingly. Personally I've been wondering if that's a subtle refernce to Chief O'Brien the writers were making, or if it's just coincidence. But I guess that's off topic.
                          Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

A couple "Convergence" bits, since it's just been released.

*The working title for the episode was "Yusuf Returns."

*The episode order of the early second half was tossed around a bit. "Yusuf Returns" was originally 2.14, after Marian's "In One's Pocket." It was moved to 2.15 when it was decided Joe's "The Game" would be 2.13. Afterwards, it became 2.14 again when we realized "In One's Pocket" would not make it, only to be switched back to 2.15 with the breaking up of "The Chamber" into two parts. Finally, we decided to hold off on "The Game" when things weren't looking good, and was replaced with an old idea of Sam's: "Night Terrors." Finally, Alex pitched "The Adversary" to be after "Night Terrors," putting "Convergence" in its final release slot: 2.16.

*In older versions, there were a few scenes in which the personnel of Horizon attempted to stop Yusuf from reaching the gate. I had to clean out some things, but if another staff member has it perhaps they can be released as a deleted scene.

*In older versions, Callen was the one to confront Yusuf at the gate alone while Tom remained in his lab working on a solution.

*In older versions, the device was much more complex. It actually worked on the basis of desire, it that the user would receive power if he wanted it. His urge to fit back in and make up for lost time was what caused his transformation, and he had to be persuaded to want to turn back. The solution had to be simplified for time purposes.

*In older versions, Yusuf actually made it to the outpost and opened the sealed door telepathically. He then took the ZPM and threw it into the Stargate's "kawhoosh." Again, this had to be simplified for time reasons.

*"Convergence" was the working title of SG-1's "Ripple Effect," changed because of similarities to "Conversion." But honestly, we can tell the difference.

*While "Convergence" commonly refers to "the coming together of things," it can also mean "limit, maximum point," which is the context it is used in in the title of this episode.

*Michael Sullivan's first name was originally "Dana." This was changed because, well, it was kinda gay.

More information will come with the episode's "The Making Of," along with perhaps some deleted scenes. I hope to do a "The Making Of" for each of the five episodes I'm writing this season once I finish with "In Times of Despair."
                            Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Didn't prometheus drop of supplys at horizon in the pilot, funny last thing i heard it was
                              Spoiler:
                              destroyed

Am i the only one who notcies the number of 24 inspired names on the show? (i think i've watched to much of it)

Comment

Working...
                              X