Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viper Mark VII & Mark II...Which is better?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viper Mark VII & Mark II...Which is better?

Which one do you think is better, the Mark II or VII?

Personally i'd go for Mark II, it seems to have a larger calibre twin mounted guns. It's also immune to the CNP program

In engine performance there's really no difference that i can see

Ditto for landing

Also it's easy to get to "know" the Mark II....but the Mark VII will kill any "nugget" who rides it

There you go. Mark II officially kicks ass

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

Well personaly I think the mark VII is better lol. Your write with the CNP program but the vipers on galactica and pegasus no longer have ht eprogram. Also the Mark VII has a third Weapon on the top Fin correct? Performence wise. I have to say the mark VII viper is better.

HOWEVER xD My favorit little ship was the blackbird they should build another one lol

Spoiler:
    Should be easy since presubaly from scar Pegasus has a viper manufactoring plant

Comment

Does it seem logical that a Viper (Mk. II or Mk. VII) would have a small cargo compartment?

I would say so, because where else would Lee have got his dress uniform from in the mini-series?
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

he replicated it? ooops, wrong series...

Comment

The Mark VII is likely the better of the two simply because they wouldn't build a newer model of something that doesn't perform up to the standards set by a model used decades earlier.

As far as a cargo spot in the ship, that seems fairly likely, especially since they'd need to carry certain supplies in case of a landing or crash.

Comment

It would be nice to learn more about the viper mechanics. lol It does seam logical to have a cargo hold

Comment

An internal bomb bay is more then likely yes That can ofc be used as a cargo hold.

Comment

I agree...interesting to learn about...for my opinion...Mark II hands down...

Comment

Originally posted by Keonyn
                  The Mark VII is likely the better of the two simply because they wouldn't build a newer model of something that doesn't perform up to the standards set by a model used decades earlier.
                  This is military purchasing we're talking about.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

The Mark VII is better.

It has thrust vectoring. Smaller more powerful engine plants. Advanced Avionics and Dradis.

Its guns are similar to the Mark IIs. 20mm cannon rounds from the looks of it. It has the 3rd cannon, but to date... ive never ever seen it used.

I dont think it has an internal bay of any sorts. Maybe a small baggage area. Many modern aircraft to have those. Especially Naval ones.

Vipers also dont seem to be very long range craft. Theyre limited in firepower and only work as interceptors every time we've seen them.

Theyre optimally designed for manuverability. RCS systems on both ends of a "long stick" config.

Comment

Apollo refers to his Mark II as an old crate in the miniseries. I don't know the specs, but if the Mark II is better than the Mark VII, then I don't think he calls the Mark II an old crate .

Comment

Working...
                      X