Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP SG Alliance...other game possibilties?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP SG Alliance...other game possibilties?

As it appears that Alliance is in severe jeopardy, I propose another gaming possibility. As a fan of the Sid Meier Civ series, what do you think of a "Civilization" style Stargate game? I propose you start technologically in modern times and then you grow your civ via research stemming from gatetravel using similiar concepts found in past "civ" type games.

This idea stems from the success of the Stargate series and the stagnation of the "civ" style games currently on the market. I think a game which is based on exploration, scientific research, the constraints of the "real world" and realistic military conflict would be better received by the Stargate fan base than a "shooter" style game.

Thoughts??

I don't know. To tell you the truth, I'd still like to see a SG shooter. But, your style of game idea sounds better than nothing to me.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I have envisioned an RTS type SG game since season 1. I would love to have something along the lines of Age of Empires or Total Annihilation, set in the Stargate universe. BUt with the ability to control the units from a FPS perspective as well as a RTS bird-eye view. That way we could have Heros like Jack and Sam (Something along the lines of Yuri in red alert 2, or Tanya in RA1) whom we could contro to get new tech but also have an overall RTS game where we deploy units and kick the crap out of the gould. Also any game that comes out in the SG universe should concentrate on the Goa'uld first. It would be crap to have a gam concentrating on the Ori or Wraith first.
      Xtremixt

All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the shadow and the breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Comment

I would like a shooter, but no matter what shape any SG game takes, it must have a zat. Anyway, I think some group is trying to create a SG1 total conversion for KOTOR 2 TSL.

Comment

There are many different types of games that could spawn from Stargate, from a first person shooter (like Alliance), to a spaceship based game, to a Civillisation-like game. No doubt an FPS will be the first to be released after the MMO.
          * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Rather see a shooter but the AOE/Red Alert idea seems very plausible and much better for gameplay
            The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

I just think that stargate should try to invent a whole new genre. Something that hasnt been done before, to get as many people into the realm as possible.
              Xtremixt

All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the shadow and the breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Comment

I prefer FPS over RPG....

But I would give the MMORPG a chance...though I don't know if I would still do so if they made it pay/play.

Other genre games, an Age of Empire Stargate-style...

I don't know really...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                X