This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 5th Race?

Back in season 2 when O'Neill met the asgard they said we are close to becoming the 5th race, errrm when is that actually going to happen?
    I HATE SY-FY

After many many years since we havent exactly gone that far in terms of 'maturity' as some of the other members of the Alliance. When that happens then we would more likely become the 5th race. At least thats what I think. Sure, you can argue that we have developed alot of tech since the beginning but does tech determine a race's maturity? Nope, it takes a lot of other factors into consideration. Also won't happen if the world is as divided as it is and the stargate program not being revealed to the public.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I have discussed this in a few similar threads in the past, personally I believe we are a few millenium away from truly becoming 'the Fifth Race'. I think the Asgard and the Ancients have helped us out alot in advancing our race and getting closer to great race status.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

The alliance is pretty much dead. The Ancients have ascended and no longer care about what happens down here. The Nox seem to have been pretty quiet the past several years and haven't really done much for the Asgard as far as we know. Speaking of our little grey friends, they've been fighting a war for ages which has only just come to an end and they appear to have done it by themselves. And god only knows about the Furlings.

We will never become the fifth race.
        * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
          I have discussed this in a few similar threads in the past, personally I believe we are a few millenium away from truly becoming 'the Fifth Race'. I think the Asgard and the Ancients have helped us out alot in advancing our race and getting closer to great race status.

agreed

tollan are fifth race material not us

Comment

^ the tollan are long gone though

I think we will become the fifth race when we defeat the Ori in a few seasons time. I mea who would'nt be impressed with a race that figured out how to destroy the Goauld, then the Replicators, Then the Ori (With a little help, of course)

Comment

OMFG hell no. we won't be the fifth race for many thousand years.

tollan are alive. some survived. anyway with no bodies no death

Comment

Yeh the Tollan are alive Narim is on Atlanits he is Weir partner remember. LOL
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Fist we must be rid of all the stupid, closed minded, people!

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                    OMFG hell no. we won't be the fifth race for many thousand years.

tollan are alive. some survived. anyway with no bodies no death
                    Exactly! On Stargate unless you see someone perish and either watch their bodies burn or get buried you don't know for sure if they're dead... and even then it's a little shaky. Don't assume you've seen the last of anyone. =0) With this show you never know. The powers that be themselves admitted as much (in reference to Janet actually) so I take every disappearance and death with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                      Back in season 2 when O'Neill met the asgard they said we are close to becoming the 5th race, errrm when is that actually going to happen?
                      ASGARD #1: The alliance was built over many millennia. Your race has much to prove before we may interact on that level.

O'NEILL: Look, you all seem to be quite wonderful…people. (He crouches down to their level) And I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I really, really appreciate you getting all that stuff out of my head, but you folks should understand that we're out there, now, and we might not be ready for a lot of this stuff but we're doing the best we can. We are a very curious race.

ASGARD #2: You have already taken the first steps towards becoming the fifth race.

Comment

I don't even think Earth can be considered for the fifth race until the Stargate is made public and the world unites under a single government. Until then, all the advanced tech gained from a full alliance with the other races would most likely lead to another, more dangerous cold war.

Comment

Originally posted by FNH USA P90
                          I don't even think Earth can be considered for the fifth race until the Stargate is made public and the world unites under a single government. Until then, all the advanced tech gained from a full alliance with the other races would most likely lead to another, more dangerous cold war.
                          And shortly after that the rapture will happen thus ushering in the end of the world. Great idea. I'd rather see the governments learn to work together rather than plan how they can stab each other in the back before the others do. The whole interaction is tiring. but single rule gives too much power to one person. I don't know anyone who can handle it (even with underlings) without letting it go to their heads and start making poor decisions.

Comment

Earth is still not ready to interact on their level in the SG universe. We still have a lot to prove. Most to the space tech we have is not even ours and we need an Asgard to operate it efficiently.

Comment

with their isolationist policies and lack of care about the ouside universe the tollan are no closer to fifth race material than the tauri

Comment

Working...
                              X