PDA

View Full Version : The 5th Race?

The Ori
February 19th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Back in season 2 when O'Neill met the asgard they said we are close to becoming the 5th race, errrm when is that actually going to happen?

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 19th, 2006, 08:19 AM
After many many years since we havent exactly gone that far in terms of 'maturity' as some of the other members of the Alliance. When that happens then we would more likely become the 5th race. At least thats what I think. Sure, you can argue that we have developed alot of tech since the beginning but does tech determine a race's maturity? Nope, it takes a lot of other factors into consideration. Also won't happen if the world is as divided as it is and the stargate program not being revealed to the public.

the Fifth Race
February 19th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I have discussed this in a few similar threads in the past, personally I believe we are a few millenium away from truly becoming 'the Fifth Race'. I think the Asgard and the Ancients have helped us out alot in advancing our race and getting closer to great race status.

da_hippie
February 19th, 2006, 09:39 AM
The alliance is pretty much dead. The Ancients have ascended and no longer care about what happens down here. The Nox seem to have been pretty quiet the past several years and haven't really done much for the Asgard as far as we know. Speaking of our little grey friends, they've been fighting a war for ages which has only just come to an end and they appear to have done it by themselves. And god only knows about the Furlings.

We will never become the fifth race.

NakedJehutyV2
February 19th, 2006, 09:45 AM
I have discussed this in a few similar threads in the past, personally I believe we are a few millenium away from truly becoming 'the Fifth Race'. I think the Asgard and the Ancients have helped us out alot in advancing our race and getting closer to great race status.

agreed

tollan are fifth race material not us

SGFerrit
February 19th, 2006, 10:27 AM
^ the tollan are long gone though:(

I think we will become the fifth race when we defeat the Ori in a few seasons time. I mea who would'nt be impressed with a race that figured out how to destroy the Goauld, then the Replicators, Then the Ori (With a little help, of course;))

NakedJehutyV2
February 19th, 2006, 11:22 AM
OMFG hell no. we won't be the fifth race for many thousand years.

tollan are alive. some survived. anyway with no bodies no death

The Ori
February 19th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Yeh the Tollan are alive Narim is on Atlanits he is Weir partner remember. LOL

sci_fi_child
February 19th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Fist we must be rid of all the stupid, closed minded, people!

:ronananime01:

Cherriey
February 19th, 2006, 07:39 PM

Exactly! On Stargate unless you see someone perish and either watch their bodies burn or get buried you don't know for sure if they're dead... and even then it's a little shaky. Don't assume you've seen the last of anyone. =0) With this show you never know. The powers that be themselves admitted as much (in reference to Janet actually) so I take every disappearance and death with a grain of salt.

Krendoshazin
February 19th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Back in season 2 when O'Neill met the asgard they said we are close to becoming the 5th race, errrm when is that actually going to happen?
ASGARD #1: The alliance was built over many millennia. Your race has much to prove before we may interact on that level.

O'NEILL: Look, you all seem to be quite wonderful…people. (He crouches down to their level) And I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I really, really appreciate you getting all that stuff out of my head, but you folks should understand that we're out there, now, and we might not be ready for a lot of this stuff but we're doing the best we can. We are a very curious race.

ASGARD #2: You have already taken the first steps towards becoming the fifth race.

FNH USA P90
February 20th, 2006, 12:09 AM
I don't even think Earth can be considered for the fifth race until the Stargate is made public and the world unites under a single government. Until then, all the advanced tech gained from a full alliance with the other races would most likely lead to another, more dangerous cold war.

Cherriey
February 20th, 2006, 06:23 AM
I don't even think Earth can be considered for the fifth race until the Stargate is made public and the world unites under a single government. Until then, all the advanced tech gained from a full alliance with the other races would most likely lead to another, more dangerous cold war.
And shortly after that the rapture will happen thus ushering in the end of the world. Great idea. I'd rather see the governments learn to work together rather than plan how they can stab each other in the back before the others do. The whole interaction is tiring. but single rule gives too much power to one person. I don't know anyone who can handle it (even with underlings) without letting it go to their heads and start making poor decisions.

GateMan2000
February 20th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Earth is still not ready to interact on their level in the SG universe. We still have a lot to prove. Most to the space tech we have is not even ours and we need an Asgard to operate it efficiently.

dosed150
February 20th, 2006, 12:39 PM
with their isolationist policies and lack of care about the ouside universe the tollan are no closer to fifth race material than the tauri

HirogenGater
February 20th, 2006, 01:46 PM

I hope we see some of the Tollans surviving the attack on their world.

the fifth man
February 20th, 2006, 06:33 PM
As for us officially becoming the Fith Race, I think we still have a long road ahead of us. Yes, we've come a long way. But no where near long enough. Our race still slaughters each other on a daily basis, and is overall, very petty and greedy. Most of us only care for ourselves. Besides, the existence of the Stargate is still a secret to our population at large. Until all of that changes, we will remain on the outside looking in.

the fifth man
February 20th, 2006, 06:34 PM

Indeed!:) They were a cool race.

JUNIOR
February 20th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I don't know in the episode 1969 Cassandra looked pretty advanced and close to what in my mind would be what a member of the fifth race would look like. Although she didn't have a bunch of tech. she did have that nifty gate ring on. But then again SG-1 also went back in time and f***ed up the future so its not really a given that by the time Cassandra is old we would be a "fifth Race" type civilization.

Cherriey
February 20th, 2006, 09:27 PM
At least Schrodinger should survive. Wouldn't that be great! lol This huge technological society and the only survivor is a cat of Earth origins. =0)

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 21st, 2006, 03:49 AM
The cat was returned to carter though?

ZPM_Plant
February 21st, 2006, 04:34 AM
We won't be considered the 5th race until are technology catches up. Our spirit and curiosity is already there.

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 21st, 2006, 04:41 AM
We won't be considered the 5th race until are technology catches up. Our spirit and curiosity is already there.

Spirit and curiousity are one thing. Maturity is another. One can have curiousity and spirit to do things but without wisdom it does not show a person to be wise. Who knows...maybe this fight with the Ori will be the second step that will allow us closer to being the Fifth race but if things remain as they are then don't see it happening for many many years. Perhaps after several centuries we would be closer.

POW
February 22nd, 2006, 02:52 PM
Remember the episode 1969 from season 2 when they go thru the gate and end up in the future With Cassandra as an old lady. It is possible at that point that humans on earth are 5th race status. Beside the fact we dont know how old Cassandra really was at some point she could have been advanced genitically to live longer or enchance and stabalize her advanced abilites. And the Device she used to instant wormhole sg-1 out. Seems only the most advanced races are capable of creating instant worm holes like we have seen the Nox , Asgard & asended Ancients do.
Just an idea.:cool:

ZPM_Plant
February 22nd, 2006, 04:43 PM
Remember the episode 1969 from season 2 when they go thru the gate and end up in the future With Cassandra as an old lady. It is possible at that point that humans on earth are 5th race status. Beside the fact we dont know how old Cassandra really was at some point she could have been advanced genitically to live longer or enchance and stabalize her advanced abilites. And the Device she used to instant wormhole sg-1 out. Seems only the most advanced races are capable of creating instant worm holes like we have seen the Nox , Asgard & asended Ancients do.
Just an idea.:cool:

Good point POW. I too really enjoy the time travel episodes. I completely forgot about that 1969 scene. Did they say how far they had traveled into the future?

Ludofjn
February 22nd, 2006, 08:01 PM
humans MUST PROVE themselfs before they may join the ancient alliance

PG15
February 22nd, 2006, 08:10 PM
We'll become the fifth race once we defeat the enemies that couldn't be defeated by those in the Great Alliance.

So far, we've taken care of the Replicators. Only the Ori and the Wraith left!

metroid
February 22nd, 2006, 09:31 PM
We'll become the fifth race once we defeat the enemies that couldn't be defeated by those in the Great Alliance.

So far, we've taken care of the Replicators. Only the Ori and the Wraith left!

The Alliance never had to go up against the Replicators, Ori or Wraith for that matter. So it's not possible that they "couldn't" defeat them ;)

At the time of the alliance there could very well have been no enemies.

PG15
February 22nd, 2006, 09:47 PM
I meant the individual races. :P

creed462
February 23rd, 2006, 07:19 AM
That would give us some clut

Cherriey
February 23rd, 2006, 09:48 AM
The cat was returned to carter though?
Not that I know of.

NakedJehutyV2
February 23rd, 2006, 04:29 PM
As for us officially becoming the Fith Race, I think we still have a long road ahead of us. Yes, we've come a long way. But no where near long enough. Our race still slaughters each other on a daily basis, and is overall, very petty and greedy. Most of us only care for ourselves. Besides, the existence of the Stargate is still a secret to our population at large. Until all of that changes, we will remain on the outside looking in.

so so true

i'm so sick of reading these stupid posts. just cuz we got a few spaceships we're already fifth race ready.

earth is a joke. our lives are a joke especially compared to every major race in the MW. they absolutly own us. if it wasn't for the asgard we'd be dead since season 3-4

rarocks24
February 23rd, 2006, 04:34 PM
Probably when we defeat the Orii and we rebuild the Ancient Empire. I think we're soon to see a new alliance emerge...the Asgard will most likely sit at the table, but the question is, who else will?

POW
February 24th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I think it would be intresting if the Asgaurd learn to Ascend rather than perfect there cloning and leave us all there technowlodgy.

And I think what they mean by saying we could be the 5th Race deals more with our potential and less with really creating the alliance again.
My guess is that the old Alliance was an exchange of information and technowlodgy perhaps after they used the "super weapon" to recreate life in this galaxy.

POW
February 24th, 2006, 02:19 PM
OH yea dont forget we also have access to the Ancient Genitc Modifier that Anubis had is his secret labratoiry. I think You can expect it to be used in future episodes perhaps we will use it to enchance some of ourselves in later episodes.