X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharon:"I'm a frackin Cylon.."

Spoilers.....Kinda:

Next week's episode:

Galactica Sharon to Six: "I loved them, then I betrayed them. I shot a man I loved,
    and fracked over another man and ruined his life... And why? Because I'm a lying cheat!! I'm a frackin Cylon!"

The begining of a Cylon rebellion???

I think so......
    Last edited by dec55; 18 February 2006, 10:21 PM.
    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Haha, I wish a rebellion.

Psychotic Boomer is nothing new in my book.

Comment

It is not so much the fracking that is the claim to fame by Sharon, number 6 does that with an equally intense passion, it is the becoming pregnant thereby that is her singular distinction.

The teasers for the next episode pose many new provocative questions about the nature of Cylon shared and threaded consciousness.

The Cylon formerly known as Caprica Sharon, the one now in Galactica's brig and pregnant with Helo's baby, was able to share in the consciousness of the "original" (if that word has meaning) Galactica Sharon. She remembered, for example, the relationship with Chief Tyrol, the pilot training, and early memories aboard Galactica. Just as intriguing are the more recent events she did not remember--She had no knowledge that her "sister" model shot Adama, for example.

Caprica Sharon was also not a sleeper agent. She knew from the outset who and what she was. She visibly cooperated with other Cylons on Caprica and kept in touch with them regularly until shortly after her maculate conception of Helo's child.

This leads to at least a couple of questions:
      • How collective is the consciousness of the Sharon models?
      • Was "Caprica" Sharon briefed on "Galactica" Sharon's biography explicitly by her other Cylon "handlers", who have remained unseen and backstage in the story so far. Or was she implicitly linked to the consciousness of Galactica Sharon while still in her "formative stages"?
      • When Caprica Sharon first met Tyrol in Home II, she claimed to know him, to remember their affair, but she also knew that she had never met him. How could both claims be valid without some kind of networked consciousness?
      • What consciousness did the other Sharon models have on the Basestar that Galactica Sharon nuked have of their sister?
      • The other model of consciousness sharing is "threaded" rather than "networked". The individual experiences of an instance are downloaded at the time of death to a waiting recipient.
      • Will the "downloaded" Galactica Sharon be reborn with some of the "current" memories of the pregnant "Caprica Sharon" or just her own experiences?
      • Wouldn't it be inconsistent if the downloaded Sharon knew nothing of the current situation of her sister on Galactica?
      Last edited by anotherquestion; 03 March 2006, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Very interesting questions. It will be intriguing to see how things work out.
        -Hamy Seven

Col. O'Neill: "Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them."

Teal'c: "I shall attempt to translate one O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's...nose drips." [Teal'c bursts into laughter]

3x02 Seth

Comment

Would be nice if the cylons enterened into a civil war. Like the wraith lol. they could start blowing eachother up. Then the bucket and the Beast could start picking off more basestars yup xD

Comment

i wish the cylons would win

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
              wow...harsh.
              Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

If they ever do, it better be at the series finale, or else, there's no point to the show.

There's only us,
                There's only this
                Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
                No other road,
                No other way
                No day but today...

Comment

Originally posted by KillerMercury

If they ever do, it better be at the series finale, or else, there's no point to the show.
                  *cough* Alternate universe *cough cough* Sad thing is I too want the cylons to win, they're just more likible to me. (The bugs should have won in starship troopers IMHO aswell)

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                    Spoilers.....Kinda:

Next week's episode:

Galactica Sharon to Six: "I loved them, then I betrayed them. I shot a man I loved,
                    and fracked over another man and ruined his life... And why? Because I'm a lying cheat!! I'm a frackin Cylon!"

The begining of a Cylon rebellion???

I think so......

Actually, she says "I'm a lying machine"

And I don't think she'll make a rebellion, the most a Cylon can do is defect. Why? :

SPOILERS

Doral and D'anna discuss using on her a method that has probably been used several times on rebelious or possibly rebelious Cylons (or criminally insane Cylons), which they call "boxing". It's quite creepy actually, but "boxing" refers to permanently keeping a Cylon Consciousness in a sort of cold storage.

Much like that Rakata Prison Thing in KOTOR

Comment

Please people use the spoiler tags [ spoil] spoilery stuff [ /spoil] remove the spaces and it makes
                      Spoiler:
                      This is a spoil
                      Just highlight to read.

Comment

There's a kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                          Actually, she says "I'm a lying machine"
                          Good catch....yeah she said machine....
                          And I don't think she'll make a rebellion, the most a Cylon can do is defect. Why? :

SPOILERS

Spoiler:

Doral and D'anna discuss using on her a method that has probably been used several times on rebelious or possibly rebelious Cylons (or criminally insane Cylons), which they call "boxing". It's quite creepy actually, but "boxing" refers to permanently keeping a Cylon Consciousness in a sort of cold storage.

Much like that Rakata Prison Thing in KOTOR

It seems to me that the Sharon model already has done things that the
                          Cylon leadership were not aware of, nor approve of. It would appear that all
                          Sharon models have leanings that favor her human friends.

It may be too late to isolate this trend of the Sharon models.
                          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

I guess technically this is a spoiler for those who haven't seen both parts of resurrection ship but
                            Spoiler:
                            since the resurrection ship where new cylons are downloaded/awoken after a cylon death was destroyed, how is this episode even going to work?

Comment

So the Sharon model is like the fifth of the cylons?

Comment

Working...
                              X