This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesnt Mitchell use a P90?

I think at the start of season 9 he was using the p90 but then somewhere along he changed to using another type of gun, dont quiet know what its called sorry.
    Was just wondering whether there is some other reason reason to this besides the producers wanting to make him stand out more.

The P90 is a personal defence weapon that isn't always best suited for combat situations. Members of SG-1 use different weapons for different situations, much the same way you wouldn't use carpenter's glue to build a foundation of a house.
    I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

In off the rails, none of SG1 use P90s. At the start of the episode they're all using MP7s and by the end
      Spoiler:
      when they're on Baal's ship, Mitchell uses a G36E and the rest of SG1 are using the MP7 again.
      Last edited by MacGyver`; 18 February 2006, 01:43 PM.

Comment

That wasn't "the scourge", that was "off the grid" MacGyver.

Comment

Mitchell's carried a P90 in past episodes.

Comment

Maybe he likes using the G36 only because its bigger and has a longer range. Not to mention that assault rifles are more suited for outdoor firefights than submachineguns like the P-90.

I think Teal'c should have either 2 P-90s, or carry 1 big M249. It's ammo casing is 200-round box.
            http://www.infiltrationmod.de/waffen/m249_03.jpg
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
              Mitchell's carried a P90 in past episodes.
              But the viewers were never given a reason for the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                That wasn't "the scourge", that was "off the grid" MacGyver.
                I get confused easily.

Comment

its a G36K assault rifle with a vertical handle on the 20mm RIS sides,it has an optical scope built into the carry handle, has a durable folding stock and the carry handle also has RIS on it.

Perhaps they dont have enough dummy shells for the P90 anymore?

Lt.Colonel Peters

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                    But the viewers were never given a reason for the switch.
                    Good lord... do you really need one? Of all the things in a sci-fi show to get picky over.........

Comment

Maybe he doesn't want to carry it all the time. And why the hell would we be given a reason?

Comment

Because we are the fans... Hallowed are fans... Origin is fans

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Good lord... do you really need one? Of all the things in a sci-fi show to get picky over.........
                          Exactly, I mean I can understand about things changing with ships and caertain tech but why a character changes his gun!? OMG! I think Id prefer the bigger gun, you can do more damage

Comment

Yes I do Bragi. If it bothers you why bother responding? It doesn't seem like nitpicking to me just a curiosity. It's strange that for 5 or so seasons SG-1 uses P90's and now Mitchell uses a different gun? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                              I think Teal'c should have either 2 P-90s, or carry 1 big M249.
                              No, Teal'c should carry a SPAS-12 in one hand and an M-249 in the other.
                              Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

Working...
                              X