PDA

View Full Version : Best Season Ender? potential spoilers for anything

Lord Shiva
February 17th, 2006, 08:23 PM
I felt the final episode was just absolutely awesome.... I really loved the Siege, but I felt this was equally well done, perhaps even more so. What do you all feel?

ussrelativity
February 17th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but I did see screencaps. I look forward to acquiring the Season 2 DVD set later this year.

By the way, I like your signature. I recently saw the episode (that the signature is from) on broadcast syndication. :sheppard:

Lord Shiva
February 17th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but I did see screencaps. I look forward to acquiring the Season 2 DVD set later this year.

By the way, I like your signature. I recently saw the episode (that the signature is from) on broadcast syndication. :sheppard:

Thanks... Chaya is one of my favorite episodes, and despite all the Sheppard/Weir, Sheppard/Tayla ships, I think Chaya was/is the perfect choice for Sheppard. The writers just need to realize that and bring her back lol

ussrelativity
February 17th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks... Chaya is one of my favorite episodes, and despite all the Sheppard/Weir, Sheppard/Tayla ships, I think Chaya was/is the perfect choice for Sheppard. The writers just need to realize that and bring her back lol

That's what I was thinking! One of my favorite parts of the episode was McKay saying, "Oh my God, he is Kirk!"

Anyway, as for the Atlantis Season 2 Finale, I'm just thinking that the Daedalus might be more of a match for a Wraith Cruiser, rather than a Hive Ship. Granted, a Hive ship can be destroyed by the Daedalus, but with a Cruiser, than perhaps Daedy can use her conventional missiles on a Wraith Cruiser. Possibly, the Daedalus would have more of an easier time with a Cruiser, since it is more closer to the size of the Daedalus.

PG15
February 17th, 2006, 09:09 PM
The Siege.

It had more build up.

Ascended Times.2
February 17th, 2006, 09:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing.
The Daedalus class cruiser does look quite fitting to takeing on a cruiser, besides, the cruisers don't carry 600 Darts each to get in the way of the blasted missiles, and TBH, they're main guns don't look quite the part to intercept missiles.

Well, the Hive ships would go down rather rapidly if it weren't for the totally insane amount of Darts they carry around with them, maybe if they managed to take out the darts, they'd be able to hit the Hive ships?

Anyway, I think the Daedalus COULD take on a hive ship, as long as those Darts weren't there, the fact that they are however, and the Wraith CAN block the beaming technology, means the Daedalus is little more than a well defended troop carrier, with point blank defences, unfortunately.

Edit: Definately the siege. Best. Season. Ending. Ever.

Lord Shiva
February 17th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Edit: Definately the siege. Best. Season. Ending. Ever.

No way... that honor goes to the "Who shot J.R." season cliffhanger in Dallas. :P

Wraith_Hunter
February 18th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Anyway, as for the Atlantis Season 2 Finale, I'm just thinking that the Daedalus might be more of a match for a Wraith Cruiser, rather than a Hive Ship. Granted, a Hive ship can be destroyed by the Daedalus, but with a Cruiser, than perhaps Daedy can use her conventional missiles on a Wraith Cruiser. Possibly, the Daedalus would have more of an easier time with a Cruiser, since it is more closer to the size of the Daedalus.

Being that it's seemingly just a little smaller than a Cruiser, then that's more or less what it'd be expected to put up a decent fight against. Due to it's strong shields, then it might even be able to face up against a couple at any one time.

Against Hives though, it's just far far too outgunned, the Hive has too many weapons turrets along it's hull. So being that the weapons are pretty powerful, then it can fire them out at a far greater rate than most other enemy ships can.

Cruisers might have a much better chance of getting damaged by conventional human warheads, but again it's the rate of fire these things can put out the energy blasts, then the odds are against them sneaking in a direct shot. Although by combining it with rail gun fire, then it's possible to damage a weapons turret & get in a blind shot. Even if it didn't get the nukes through, it would seem that as saw in 'Allies', the rail guns can do damage to the Wraith hulls. It just doesn't affect the Hives that much simply because of their sheer size & bulk. With Wraith Bc's being much smaller, then it's much easier to cause more damage against them.

Well, the Hive ships would go down rather rapidly if it weren't for the totally insane amount of Darts they carry around with them, maybe if they managed to take out the darts, they'd be able to hit the Hive ships?

Anyway, I think the Daedalus COULD take on a hive ship, as long as those Darts weren't there, the fact that they are however, and the Wraith CAN block the beaming technology, means the Daedalus is little more than a well defended troop carrier, with point blank defences, unfortunately.

I don't think they always launch Darts in every engagment as a sort of fighter screen. They do have lots in it's bay, but that can simply be attributed to the amount of Wraith that's usually found on a Hive ship. Which on a normal one is 3000+ Wraith. Seeing that they only launched 4 302's in the finale, then I don't think there was too many Darts flying around. Probably more than usual though, simply because there was no Cruisers around for backup. Even without the Darts though, Daedalus always has to maintain a safe distance from the Hives, so being the warheads are so slow, then it's be shot down before it got anywhere near the hull anyhow.

It simply comes down to it being either, the Wraith weapons aboard the Hives are just too powerful or the Asgard shields are too weak. Before I would have said it was because of their powerful weapons, but as saw in 'Off the Grid', then I'm honestly not so sure any longer. I am however sure that without energy weapons, then it ain't ever gonna be a match for a Hive ship.

I think this is where the Orion comes in, this will be used for Hive engagements in S3. Then Daedalus will be used as before, mainly for transport, but also for away missions & taking on vulnerable Cruisers that it comes across.

beale947
February 18th, 2006, 11:36 AM
The seige was the best season ending, it left so many questions unanswered. So much suspense.

DigiFluid
February 18th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Allies was good, but The Siege, Part II was better.

mckaychick
February 18th, 2006, 02:54 PM
the siege part 2 untill i see alies

siXbrownSnakes2
February 18th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Siege II was better.

Allies felt like more of a set up episode. Which brings me to the belief that No Man's Land will be > Siege III.

Maltrancko
February 20th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Siege II was the best season ender I've seen, I was on the edge of my seat, so damn ticked, no season of SG1 even came close to that effect for me...

so without a doubt thus far, siege 2 was huge in suspense!