This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantian Guns

I was wondering where their guns are we have only seen 1 and that was when they were on the aurora. Do they not have any but that? I would definetly think the atlantis team would use theirs definetly since they use both theirs and wraiths. Any ideas?

maybe they took them with them when they left, like they took everything else with them.

Comment

Or may be if the team actually took a look around atlantis once in a while, then we would find them but come on when do they do that now?

Comment

Could require a larger ZPM power to activate.......

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
          Or may be if the team actually took a look around atlantis once in a while, then we would find them but come on when do they do that now?
          The episodes don't chronicle every second of their lives on Atlantis. Sometimes a month or more may pass between episodes. Just because we don't see them explore the city doesn't mean they don't.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

The Ancients don't seem like the Assault squad type so I'd guess the city's defences was their main concern and didn't see it fit to arm every single person, so the there's the posibility that not many hand held weapons were constructed.

Comment

they probally had personal phasers or something. security teams. and redjacket type. lol

from what i was able to pick out. most ancients that were living at there end of reign, had telekenetic abilities. so they probally just threw there hand in the air and the enemy went fling (unless the enemy was telekenetic themselves, they could probally resist it).

i know, im just talking BS.
              Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
              (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

They had those small rod shaped stun guns but that was only shown in Aurora. Its possible there might be a few of those left or its possible that unlike the Atlantis expedition, the Atlanteans might have banned hand held weapons in the city?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I think the reason the Ancients lost the war to the Wraith was that they were a peaceful race and didnt want to fight so never built many weapons of destruction unklike us They only created defenses to stop people coming in but if their enemy (the Wraith) found a way to get into the cities, ships, etc. then they would have no way of stoppping them. I believe the Wraith got into the city and the ships because they were trusted by the Ancients seeing as they created them (or at least their descendants) so the Ancients probably never even saw them coming

Comment

Well, unless the ancients where the first living beings in the universe, or at least the first ones they encountered. That overly pacifst stance would render them unfit for survival to even reach a point where their tech could be so advanged to surpasse everyone elses.
                    Unless they just went peacenicks after that fact.

Comment

Comment

im sure atlantis has internal defences. they just havent found them yet, and/or they no longer work due to ( the city being flooded, and lighting damage from "the Eye").

Atlantis problally doesnt have any personal defence weapons anymore, (they might, but few) because when they left, they probally took with them any means that the wraith could use. (remember in "before I sleep") the only thing left active was the gate, shield, and sensores because Janus left it open because only he knew that the 'people of earth' would return. but the others took everything they could.
                        Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                        (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Well thats true, but you would think there were more defences within the city/as a part of the city. TPTB should include some more eps about the city where things are found. Not too many eps because it would spoil the seasons but a few more than they have now (which is 0 and as been for a while)

Comment

Originally posted by Iceblaster
                            I was wondering where their guns are we have only seen 1 and that was when they were on the aurora. Do they not have any but that? I would definetly think the atlantis team would use theirs definetly since they use both theirs and wraiths. Any ideas?
                            i take it by "their guns" we are talking about the crappy fragile looking glass bottle things the alantians on aurora were firing

maybe its just one of those mysteries never to be answered ?

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
                              i take it by "their guns" we are talking about the crappy fragile looking glass bottle things the alantians on aurora were firing

maybe its just one of those mysteries never to be answered ?

Comment

Working...
                              X