Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far back does your online gater life go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far back does your online gater life go?

I was wondering how far back you gaters on here go? Maybe tell us a story of how long you've been on and if time tell us if from at which point you can start answering yes on these questions...

Who remembers the fan site "the 7th Symbol"? If you do, you're ancient.

Who remembers when SG-1.NET was around and who posted on their boards?

Who remembers when SG-1.NET shut down and Sean Fitzgibbons went to work for MGM and do their official Stargate page?

Who remembers when Gaters.net began?

Who remembers when Gammaquad's Stargate download site began?

Who remembers when Starguide was launched?

Who remembers when Starguide became Gateworld?

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
    from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

I don't remember any of those!!
    I was an online Trekkie for the last couple of seasons of Voy, but I only started getting into Stargate online fandom around the beginning of S6.
    I started going on the MGM Stargate boards, but I was only able to get into them occasionally so I started looking for somewhere else, and was lucky enough to find Gateworld! That was around the time it was announced there was going to be a S7, and MS was coming back, so it would have been November 2002.

Comment

I watched the show from S1, but it was around S3 in the UK that I first went online. I didn't really join any sites or forums though. I remember seeing Starguide forum before it went onto Delphi, but was too scared of the place as all the members seemed to know each other really well. I first dipped my toes in the fandom properly in January of 1991. I've never really been anywhere else, except here and Woo Hoo which was actually a Jeffery Coombs forum that we Stargaters took over!
      sigpic

Comment

Blimey this is hard to remember, I think I came online about two years ago, at the start of season 6 when we got always on Broadband. But Delphi was complicated, and everyone seemed to know each other so well it was hard to get established. I've only really recently started posting on here now and am going on Hols soon so won't be on for a while.

Oh and what was Starguide like?

Comment

I never visited any of those sites.
          My first SG site was GW, and so far, it's my only.
          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I really didn't start *participating* in online fandom until a few years ago. 2000? 2001? I can't remember, but it was fairly recently.
            sigpic

Comment

I didn't really join online forums until mid last year. I have been online for quite some time but just never really though of posting or such. However I do remember Starguide, but only briefly
              __

__

Comment

Not sure when exactly it was, but it was before Showtime bought Ryan Peters' site.
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Around the end of Season 4, I was GammaQuad/SG-1 Archive's board, which was The Midas Array at the time, but Arcady left after some scandal with DVD players, but I'm still on TMA, which we broke off from to form Stargate Online.

I do remember when GateWorld was Starguide though, all that black and green

Comment

I joined last year, but I'd lurked for a couple years before that.

Actually, because I'd been watching in syndication, I'd followed the address posted at the end of the show in the US (stargate-sg1.com), which actually had very little of the information I wanted.

I was thrilled to find GateWorld, and I joined the Delphi Forum last, um...November? Maybe?
                    "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
                    "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
                    "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
                    --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Yeah, I have to admit GateWorld is a great site, probably the best. It has good news, regularly updated with news and managed well
                      __

__

Comment

I've been a fan of SG-1 for about four months. I've been posing on the forums steady for a bout 3 weeks.

Yeah, I'm about as Green as they get.

Comment

I don't remember any of those things. I started watching when season 4 was in syndication, which probably explains why I'm a shipper. When my son was first born he had a terrible case of colic and he screamed all night long. Anyways they used to show Stargate again at 1:00 a.m. and it came on one night when I was pacing the floor with my son and when the theme song came on my son stopped screaming. I fell in love immediately and probably owe it my sanity. And that first episode turned out to be Window of Opportunity, or maybe Divide and Conquer, I'm not positive anymore.

But I didn't join the online fandom until right after Meridian aired so I was just in time for the bruhaha. But basically I just didn't want to be surprised like that again.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

ummm, to be honest, slightly less than 3 weeks
                            Just a newbie at heart....
                            I don't really remember when I started watching. It was syndication, I think.... I enjoyed the movie, and got sucked into the series awfully fast
                            Then the cable co added Sci Fi to the ex basic lineup, and they had the Mon night marathons, so I could get caught up
                            I've descended into full fledged addiction, by owning ALL the DVD's (well, the ones avail in the US anyway), and just bought my first con ticket (I feel VERY geekish - and am revelling in it!).
                            Gateworld rocks! It's my first forum, and any others I've visited pale in comparison when it comes to organisation, ease of use and fun-ness!
                            And they have great content too (interviews etc).
                            About the biggest problem is keeping up with the threads!! *kiwigater sighs a contented, but exhausted sigh...*

Comment

Well my first experience of the SG fandom was on a general bb run by UK Channel 4 when they were showing season 1 back in '99-2000(was in the Babylon 5 fandom before that).

I stuck to fanfic reading after switching my SG viewing to Sky 1 and discovered Starguide during S4 - finally getting on to the message board after that season had finished in the UK. First thread I remember reading dealt with critiscism of S4.

The rest is history.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X