This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's on Col. Caldwell's Patch

On "Critical Mass" I could see for sure that Col. Caldwell doesn't have the Earth patch with the Earth symbol on? Instead there is some other symbol that looks like a constellation. Anyone know what it is?

Pegasus
    sigpic

Comment

I noticed that but thought it was just me, if it was there then I would imagine that it is the Atlantis PoO or the constalation or Pegasus
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I think it's just a way to distinguish Earth from Atlantis, so therefor they use Pegasus for Atlantis.

The first time I noticed it, I was like "Hey, that's different! Cool!".
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
          I think it's just a way to distinguish Earth from Atlantis, so therefor they use Pegasus for Atlantis.

The first time I noticed it, I was like "Hey, that's different! Cool!".
          plus there have to try to keep earth's location a secret from the wraith
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

yeah thats what i thought when i saw the badge that they were keeping earth's location a secret
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by NightWing
              plus there have to try to keep earth's location a secret from the wraith
              Oh, hadn't even thought about that one... Good point!

Comment

This one?
                http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...l5Fmass686.jpg
                Last edited by Darren; 21 February 2006, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I think the new patch just shows that he's assigned to the Atlantis expedition rather than the SGC. If they were trying to hide the symbol, then they would of changed the Atlantis one aswell.

Comment

I recognize the symbol as the Pegasus symbol from the Earth Stargate.

Comment

May I interject that when the Atlantis-teams go off-world they remove their patches, just like they do with the Earth-teams in SG-1.

They only where them on Base and on board the Daedalus.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                        May I interject that when the Atlantis-teams go off-world they remove their patches, just like they do with the Earth-teams in SG-1.

They only where them on Base and on board the Daedalus.
                        Hmm.. so they do, I wonder why I never noticed that before. I did notice it in some SG1 episodes and thought "they're not wearing their patches", and that was it. I'll have to remember to not overlook the minor details.

Edit: I knew I'd seen them wearing them off-world somewhere, it stuck in my memory. Check this out;
                        http://web01.slackhost.net/~admin74/...tis/114-10.jpg
                        Although sometime after this it was taken off;
                        http://web01.slackhost.net/~admin74/...tis/114-14.jpg

Edit (again): It looks like that site didn't appreciate me linking to a couple of their images, maybe more people than I expected visited it, either way I've now put them on my own server.
                        Last edited by Krendoshazin; 21 February 2006, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krendoshazin
                          Edit: I knew I'd seen them wearing them off-world somewhere, it stuck in my memory. Check this out;
                          http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/images/atlantis/114-10.jpg
                          Although sometime after this it was taken off;
                          http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/images/atlantis/114-14.jpg

Mmmm, smell the blooper.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                          ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

mmm...maybe they forgot...

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
                              yeah thats what i thought when i saw the badge that they were keeping earth's location a secret
                              Technically though, how would Earth's Point of Origin, a symbol, reveal the location of Earth, especially considering the gate with that symbol wasn't even on Earth when the Ancients left? Personally, I think it is there to indicate they are with the Atlantis expedition.
                              Last edited by Erik Pasternak; 21 February 2006, 09:22 PM.
                              Rocky

Comment

Working...
                              X