This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there another Quantum Mirror?

Despite the fact that Hammond ordered the mirror destroyed, my best guess is that it was created by the Ancients, since they specialized in that "niche". The architecture of the quantum mirror, if you think about it, looks ancient.

So who is to say there is not another one out there, or probably more? I think there is room in future storylines to possibly use the quantum mirror again.

We dont know for sure. There may be, there may not be. It all depends on the writers.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Indeed, but I don't want to see another alternate universe episode for a while yet, we have just had ripple effect

Comment

One quantum mirror was enough for me. But it looks like they can turn the gate into one any time...RE.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

The Gate cant be turned into one because the quantam mirror made you change realities only if the mirror was in that reality and if you wanted to. Only the Black SG-1 wanted to change realites. The others didnt know what the Frell was going on.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were more than one Quantum Mirror. Personally, I'd love to see an alternate Mitchell with a mullet.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Couldn't there be one in most of the other alternate realities?

Hammond ordered ours destroyed but maybe the other Hammonds, or whoever was in charge there did not. This is the kind of things I would have liked to see all of the alternate SG-1s talking about. All the shippy hints were fun, but I would have liked to see more "Did you go there and do this? No? Here's the gate address, go there, get this, do that with it" and they could have shown lecture schedule with lectures like, "How to find and use your quantum mirror", "How to build the anti-prior gun" and "Plague Vaccine 101".

So lets hope they all get their mirrors and set up a quantum mirror network. So they can visit. Just so we can see all the dead people we miss.
              amytay
              Fort Ancient, Ohio
              (It's a real place)

Comment

I love your idea, Amytay. That would be great to swap information with our alternate selves. You don't have the time travel paradoxes to mess up your own timeline and the other versions of us wouldn't pull the old "You're too young and stupid, we won't give you any information or technology" card.

Comment

Uh...without our own Quanturm Mirror we won't be able to connect to this network.

Comment

I odont think there are others in our reality so much as the rest of it. Look at the mirror, doesn't it seem a little jagged to you? almsot like it's broken. What species in their right mind would build somehing that looks so junky, any race who can do that kind of thing would want to show it off in some nice looking peice of technology.

Comment

not in our universe

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                        Uh...without our own Quanturm Mirror we won't be able to connect to this network.
                        Uh. Oh. Yeah. That's an obvious problem I totally missed. I was thinking someone could bring us *theirs* but since it's the mirror that you go through that would be hard. We'll need Sam to figure it out for us. Or the writers could just write that we found one. Vala could get one somewhere or we could find one in Atlantis.
                        amytay
                        Fort Ancient, Ohio
                        (It's a real place)

Comment

Originally posted by Graupel
                          Despite the fact that Hammond ordered the mirror destroyed, my best guess is that it was created by the Ancients, since they specialized in that "niche". The architecture of the quantum mirror, if you think about it, looks ancient.

So who is to say there is not another one out there, or probably more? I think there is room in future storylines to possibly use the quantum mirror again.
                          what do u want?? a time mirror.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                          pps = power per second
                          The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                          xfire = zpm
                          [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                          http://m2kclan.com
                          vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                          port: 3785
                          P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                          halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                          Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Or perhaps some one did not follow general hammond orders, it would not be the first time. So perhaps the trust or some other rogue forces been mucking around with it for the past few years, with out out knowlege

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                              Or perhaps some one did not follow general hammond orders, it would not be the first time. So perhaps the trust or some other rogue forces been mucking around with it for the past few years, with out out knowlege
                              Not only that, but we haven't heard from the NID lately (besides associating Woolsey with them). What's to say that Hammond ordered the mirror to be destroyed, but the NID stole it?

Comment

Working...
                              X