This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyborg ep (spoilers)

OK so tonights episonde was good until the very end...when lionel gets a dvd of clark saving lana froma fireball..then he says "Your secret is safe...Kal-El"

I was like wtf?!! how does lionel know clarks kryptonian name? did swann tell him or sumthing..they better explain this in another ep or ill be pissed

**Superman**
    sigpic

I have a suspicion about that... Something that's been bothering me for some time now, is that I've wondered if Jor-El is still influencing Lionel Luthor, as he appears to have done on a number of occasions... What I'm not sure is, does it "come and go", or is it a "possession" or something...Any thoughts?

Comment

When did jor-el influence lionel? dont remember that? but that could explain it, and if it was possesion i think it would be more obvious.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Perigee
        I have a suspicion about that... Something that's been bothering me for some time now, is that I've wondered if Jor-El is still influencing Lionel Luthor, as he appears to have done on a number of occasions... What I'm not sure is, does it "come and go", or is it a "possession" or something...Any thoughts?
        I definitely think Jor-El still has some influence over Lionel. Either that, or a part of Jor-El stayed with Lionel after his experience. Something that makes him not want to exploit Clark. Well, other than the fact he wants to get with Martha.

By the way, I really liked this ep. Cyborg was an awesome guest hero.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

ok i missed something here..when did lionel have an experience with jorel?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Superman195
            When did jor-el influence lionel? dont remember that? but that could explain it, and if it was possesion i think it would be more obvious.
            Episode 5x03, when Clark dies, Luthor is "possessed" by Jor El, who takes him to the Fortress, and brings him back to life... Where he also tells Clark about the "price" that would come later (A forshadowing of Johnathon Kent's death)

Comment

that explains it, didnt see the episode...lol thx
              sigpic

Comment

Jor El is a goa'uld, plain and simple, and Lionel is his host.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                  wtf? lol

that would be umm weird...
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't usually post in this part of the GW forum, but couldn't help but think how bizarre this series has become...

When Lionel looked at the computer disk and commented about Kal-El, that was just creepy. So, Clark's real dad is still inside Lionel and watching over the whole family -err both families: Luthor and Kent.

This makes the entire Superman story truly *bizarre* because of Lionel's human connections as Lex's real father, too.

I'd go with the possession theory... but also maybe Jor-el has learned to absorb Lionel's memories and make those part of his own, so he doesn't give away his true identity.
                    -just thinking out loud here.

Comment

Lionel did call Clark 'son' in Vengence.

Comment

I think that Jor El has "taken" over Lionel. And now that Lionel is moving in on Martha Kent, he is trying to become involved with the family. I think he wants to be a father figure to Kal El and the best way to have done that is to get rid of John Kent. I think it was all part of Jor El's plan for Kal El's destiny.

Comment

The part I find weird, is that Jor-El is portrayed as a not-so-nice guy, but not strictly a bad guy either. Doesn't seem to be as bad as Zod and his followers, but Jor-El is harsh at times. We've seen that Jor-El didn't pick the Kents by accident, they were specifically chosen. Why choose someone specific to raise your son if you don't like them?

I guess that Jor-El trusted John Kent enough to raise his son untill Jor-El was able to take a more active role in Clark's life. At which point, Jor-El took John out of the picture, as GM2K said above. I think if that is the case, this is probably the "evilist" act we've seen from Jor-El. Then again, Clark did trade his life, so someone had to die. If it wasn't going to be Lana, then it had to be someone else.

Comment

Jor-el is trying to push clark into being superman..i think..lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                              A wierd crossover episode not yet "in the can" ???

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X