This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st SG-1 fic, need input (badly...)

umm...hi i'm kinda new to the forum. so HI!

well, i'm writing my first stargate fanfiction (i've written for other shows before) and well there are a couple things that i think might bother people...

1. I'm setting it around season 6 (Daniel's Ascended in five, right?) because one: I don't get the SciFi channel so i can't watch new episodes and UPN is showing Season 8 (i've seen all of season's 1-3, parts of 5, 8, and a few of 9 a friend taped for me)
    2. I'm bringing in a new 'main' character (he's not a part of SG-1, but they know him and are friends) i'm normally against introducing new characters just for the sake of introducing new characters, but i really really like him...(and his kid, he has a teenage daughter)

so would that bother any of ya'll? just asking (be brutally honest...believe me, i'm not going to go off crying or something like that.)

much thanks for your help!
    What if there was no light
    Nothing wrong, nothing right
    What if there was no time
    And no reason or rhyme
    What if you should decide
    That you don’t want me there by your side
    That you don’t want me there in your life
    "What if" by Colplay (X&Y)

1. Daniel is ascended in Season Six. His ascension happened in the second-to-last episode of Season Five.

2. I don't see a problem with a new main character, as long as they're well-written.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

1. ascension is overused in the show a little

2. i hope a sequel will be heading here after the 1st one, i love sequels love em to death, nasty bad guys and good guys comming back as long as its better than the first one.

but starwars was a bad sequel.......*shivers*
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

thanks!

Darkstar: i just needed to know about Daniel's ascension 'cause i want him in the story but (dang, here goes my rabbit trail...) this story came about 'cause i developed a character for an Atlantis fic with a freakishly compilcated backstory that turned into its own story entirely (i.e. this one) so i needed to set it x amount of time before Atlantis began, but after Daniel was back with the team.

would anybody be willing to read through the chapters before i post them (still gotta figure out how to do that...). I've got a friend who'll proof read them, but he knows slim to none about stargate. so i just need someone who can catch mistakes that deal with the stargate universe 'cause chances are i'll mess something up (like not knowing when Daniel ascended...)

anywho, thanks again and i'll try to post a snipit from the first chapter just so ya'll can tell me if its crap or not...
        And no reason or rhyme

Comment

glad the input was useful, beta reading can be time consuming and i would recomend a beta/proof reader that knows the ins and outs of the stargate universe, to get events mixed up and descrepancies in what has happened in episodes come an gone can mean the end of your fic if it has any holes in the plot.

but i sense hope for you
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by JazzyChick
            thanks!

Darkstar: i just needed to know about Daniel's ascension 'cause i want him in the story but (dang, here goes my rabbit trail...) this story came about 'cause i developed a character for an Atlantis fic with a freakishly compilcated backstory that turned into its own story entirely (i.e. this one) so i needed to set it x amount of time before Atlantis began, but after Daniel was back with the team.

would anybody be willing to read through the chapters before i post them (still gotta figure out how to do that...). I've got a friend who'll proof read them, but he knows slim to none about stargate. so i just need someone who can catch mistakes that deal with the stargate universe 'cause chances are i'll mess something up (like not knowing when Daniel ascended...)

anywho, thanks again and i'll try to post a snipit from the first chapter just so ya'll can tell me if its crap or not...
            I'll read it over, as long as you don't get into S9 or Atlantis. I don't watch Atlantis and there is no S9.
            E-mail me the files @ [email protected].
            If you want to see an example of my stuff, http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....64&postcount=7
            Thanks Blue.
            Last edited by Jynjyr; 21 February 2006, 02:21 AM.
            You're never too old to do something goofy.
            sigpic
            Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

thanks Jynjyr, i e-mailed ch. 1 to you.

hey, i clicked on that link to read your stuff and it didn't go to anything even fanfiction realated. i'd like to read something of yours though.
              And no reason or rhyme

Comment

Working...
              X