Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using the same people in Atlantis as they have in SG-1!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the same people in Atlantis as they have in SG-1!

Have any of you guys notices that a lot of the people in atlantis have been in SG-1, namely Beckett in season 1, Torment of Tantalus, then u got Halling in season 7 episode 5, can't remeber the name, he played the guy who had a wife and then cudn't remember he had one. Then you got Wier's hubby, who was Narim of the Tollans, they shud have used someone else, for that it was a bit wierd.

Who else was there?
    I HATE SY-FY

There have been a lot of actors reused across the two shows. Vancouver purportedly has a more limited talent pool versus LA, so good, small-part guest arctors will be reused. You'll find these same people in other Vancouver-filmed shows too, if you watch enough of them.

a time to mourn

Comment

You'll see even more Battlestar Galactica actors that have done SG-1. For example, Chief Tyrol is billed in SG-1:
      "Stargate SG-1"
      - Redemption: Part 2 (2002) TV Episode .... Jaffa
      - Maternal Instinct (2000) TV Episode .... Moac

And Lt. Gaeta:
      "Stargate SG-1"
      - Moebius: Part 2 (2005) TV Episode .... Katep
      - Moebius: Part 1 (2005) TV Episode .... Katep
      - Scorched Earth (2000) TV Episode .... Eliam

And Sharon "Boomer"
      "Stargate SG-1"
      - Proving Ground (2002) TV Episode .... Lt. Satterfield

Aaron Doral (One of the cylon models)
      "Stargate SG-1"
      - Ethon (2006) TV Episode .... Jarrod Kane
      - Icon (2004) TV Episode .... Jarrod Kane
      - Point of No Return (2000) TV Episode .... Ted

Lots of good Sci-fi actors get around to all the Sci-fi shows.

Definition of a Gunslinger

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
        Have any of you guys notices that a lot of the people in atlantis have been in SG-1, namely Beckett in season 1, Torment of Tantalus, then u got Halling in season 7 episode 5, can't remeber the name, he played the guy who had a wife and then cudn't remember he had one. Then you got Wier's hubby, who was Narim of the Tollans, they shud have used someone else, for that it was a bit wierd.

Who else was there?
        Heh, David McNally did two roles in SG1 and one in SGA.The list is pretty endless!

If they like an actor, they'll reuse 'em as most viewers may not notice.

Comment

But when you watch the episodes for the first time do you notice I always do and it's kind of dodgy but I guess Hatcheter is right.
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

i know notice, but then if i liked the actor in the first place then i am glad.
            i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Well, I never liked the Tollan stories, so I didn't notice the Simon-Narim thing.

Lucky me, eh?

Comment

The Tollan were cocky poo heads
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Marim was so ugly that my head nearly exploded everytime I saw him
                  I HATE SY-FY

Comment

It's because there seem to be a handful of dayplayers in Vancouver so they have to be able to use people a lot!

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                    ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                      The Tollan were cocky poo heads
                      They just refused to share technology with any civilization that was less advanced than them, the Tollan's original homeworld was destroyed because they shared technology with their neighbouring planet, Serita, that was far ahead of their time. Serita used the technology to declare war and eventually destroyed themselves.

They overuse the word primitive too much, and I agree with Jack, I prefer the term "less advanced", although they did say that they were merely using the term primitive aimed at our technological status. Their arrogance shone through only by the fact that they believed the Goa'uld could never be a threat to them.

The SGC has also made mistakes and learned from them, refusing to help certain people in certain situations because of past experiences, the Tollan are merely doing the same.

The Asgard were also the same at first, although while less inclined to state clearly that a race is "less advanced" than them, it was only through saving them many times from the replicators that they eventually decided to share hyperdrive and beaming techology with us.

The Nox call us "young", the Tollan "primitive", the Asgard had to be saved from total destruction before they shared a few things, the ascended Ancients refuse to interfear with "lesser beings", and no doubt when we meet the Furlings they'll probably be the same. The Tollan's arrogance got them destroyed by the Goa'uld, and the Ancient's arrogance got them destroyed by the Wraith. It's all one big pattern.

Comment

tauri are also getting more and more arrogant as they get more tech

Comment

Perna in Poisoning the Well on Atlantis played an archeaologist in season six Cure on SG1.

Comment

If your not looking for the actor you'll probily not notice he's playing someone else, so it's o.k to use them more than once.

Comment

Heeyyy, nicely said Krendoshazin, nice, I like it mate, yeh mate.
                              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                              X