This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Childern going to school?

It seems me that all the ancients couldnt have been grown ups. which means there were childern that would have been raised in atlantis. Thus they must have type of educational system. Maybe a school somewhere in the city? This could be a huge find because obviously there teaching methods would be computerized thus we could start teaching atlantis personal how to read and speak ancient, plus how about learning about science and physics. Lets put personal through an 4th grade ancients science or physiics course. ( Ancient 4th grade is probally as far as we are in the vast understanding of physics.) It seems to me that this type of approach makes way more sense then just trying to learn as we go and intertwine earth and ancient systems. What do you think?

We don't know for sure that Atlanits was a residential city, like Manhatten with families and all . It could of a been a military city (if that makes sense )

But I agree, that could definetly be of use to Atlantis personal.

Comment

They may not have taught kids at all. Once they reached a certain age, they may have used something similiar to the head sucking device to give them their knowledge but on a smaller level.

Comment

ok, maybe they did use a head sucking thing to educate, but then where are they and why dont we use them.

Comment

Watch The Fifth Race and Lost City for that answer - look what it does to O'Neill...

Mattathias

Comment

Exactly, it appears that only an Ancient’s physiology is advanced enough to adequately handle that amount of information. The only way it might be possible with a human is if you were able to pick and choose the info you wanted and just download those pieces. But then again it might not be the sheer quantity of information that’s the problem. It might be the complexity of it that our brains have a problem with.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
              Watch The Fifth Race and Lost City for that answer - look what it does to O'Neill...

Mattathias
              That reminds me, i know they said the Asgard went to the head sucking thing to get the info in The Fifth Race but have we ever tried to get the information out. From what we have seen in Alantis it doesn't seem that they have much of non tamper devices on their machines and we should be able to dissect it.

Comment

Isn't it odd that there seems to be like 3 kinds of Ancient, in terms of design and architecture?

Stone like in Dakara
                Organo-tech looking, like the headsucker and the communications device
                and Futuristic like the architecture we see on Atlantis itself.
                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

The ancients (the race) are several millions years old, i can't imagine they would always keep the same style

Also i agree, something like picking out information and downloading might be nice.

But let's not forget what happens if you get advanced technology like that.
                  Daniel went totally crazy.
                  error: signature not found

Comment

1. We are not advanced enough to use them and 2. The Atlantians might not get ALL of the information, they might have programmed them to give a small amount of information to someone. Afterall they did create the head suckers...I am sure that they can program them the way they see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                      1. We are not advanced enough to use them and 2. The Atlantians might not get ALL of the information, they might have programmed them to give a small amount of information to someone. Afterall they did create the head suckers...I am sure that they can program them the way they see fit.
                      Exactly. The Ancients growing up to become doctors would not be given the same head sucker as the Ancients growing up to become engineers. Hopefully a more specific device would not overwhelm the recipients.
                      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

i think ancients just have the ability to understand and put things together alot faster. It may be possible that they have a school but it may be like a baording school on another planet. but still yet there has to be like a text book in the data base somewhere.
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

why must ya'll compare the alterrans to pathetic beings as us?

Comment

Us? Speak for yourself

Maybe there's only one head-suck thing. Maybe everyone in the city visited it to get their download at seven, twelve and eighteen - you mightn't need many of them to educate different types of person, it might have had many different programmes. Atlantis is a big city and they haven't explored all of it yet, but I think it would be good if they do find a head-suck machine at some stage. Rodney would go wild

Madeleine

Comment

us = earth

Comment

Working...
                              X