PDA

View Full Version : HOw many are there? Tower spoilers

the Fifth Race
February 16th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Just how many Atlantis type cities are out there, and maybe something bigger and even more advanced?.....

I know this is a very subjective question, offer any theories or opinions, it seem's to me that there just might be more than a few.

Blitz
February 16th, 2006, 11:00 AM
7 cities, Atlantis and the Tower one, no idea about others except for one in another galaxy thats been yamped by some evil people who are using it as a space station :)

PG15
February 16th, 2006, 12:09 PM
How d'you come up with that?

Lord Zedd
February 16th, 2006, 12:19 PM
As far as we know there are only 2 cities ! Atlantis and the sisther city. I think there are outposts and buildings and such across the Pegasus Galaxy but there is not a 3rd city.

Bragi
February 16th, 2006, 12:52 PM
How d'you come up with that?

He made it up? Like about too.

There are 12.... 12 cities. And all of them with at least 30 Starbucks each.

Go figure... we happen to find the one city that doesn't have one.

Blitz
February 16th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Made up, phunky idea of a floating Atlantis in space spacestation with tons of alien evil ships around going 'mwahahahha...we beat ancients, we have city, we kick ur butt' :)

And its just darn rude we get the one with no starbucks, or cafe nero...darn good hot choco :cameron:

ZPM_Plant
February 16th, 2006, 05:30 PM
I don't think Atlantis and its sister city are the only ancient cities out there.

In one of the earlier SG1 episodes, I thought that Daniel stated that the Ancients were in the process of creating their "crowning achievement" of cities when the plague broke out in the Milky Way.

I think Daniel is going to find this city hidden somewhere in the Milky Way.

We will also likely find one or two more "atlantian" cities in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Red Tigress
February 16th, 2006, 06:10 PM

Go figure... we happen to find the one city that doesn't have one.

Haha, ohhhh maaaaaan...Rodney would never sleep again if that were the case... :mckayanime09:

ZPM_Plant
February 16th, 2006, 06:41 PM
yeah especially if we find a city with a zpm. there has got to be one out there, but again, i think a city with a workable zpm will only be found in the MW.

NakedJehutyV2
February 16th, 2006, 11:00 PM
friggin trolls/spammers DIE!!!!!!

if there's two chances there are more hopefully tptb will make more cities

NakedJehutyV2
February 16th, 2006, 11:01 PM
hopefully they'll find a true lost city that's depicted in the tablet daniel found in full circle (you know with weapons and ****) somewhere in pegasus or MW.

Steve_the_Wraith
February 17th, 2006, 03:35 AM
hopefully they'll find a true lost city that's depicted in the tablet daniel found in full circle (you know with weapons and ****) somewhere in pegasus or MW.
Atlantis is the true Lost city

And while there might be more ancient structures in Pegasus I doubt they'll ever find anything to match Atlantis - afterall the point of the show is that Atlantis is the pinacle of Ancient city building

ZPM_Plant
February 17th, 2006, 03:43 AM
If atlantis is the pinnacle, why is there a "sister" city?

Steven_the_Atlantean
February 17th, 2006, 04:38 AM
Ok we know this as a fact, that Atlantis is the home of the ancients in conclusion that tells us that nothing is more advanced then it and if there is their all just experiments. But yeah just asking how many, well your not going to get a correct answer besides guesses and peoples perspective which is very interesting.

I have been thinking of Atlantis and the sister city “the tower” imagine it’s all a puzzle and they all combine, so its like Atlantis sides open up and then combine with other city creating a super powerful spaceship. Just an idea!

Ancient 1
February 17th, 2006, 04:47 AM
friggin trolls/spammers DIE!!!!!!

if there's two chances there are more hopefully tptb will make more cities
Too much of a good thing......:(

the Fifth Race
February 17th, 2006, 05:16 AM

LOL....ya think they might have Red Lobster restaurant as well ;)

the Fifth Race
February 17th, 2006, 05:19 AM
I don't think Atlantis and its sister city are the only ancient cities out there.

In one of the earlier SG1 episodes, I thought that Daniel stated that the Ancients were in the process of creating their "crowning achievement" of cities when the plague broke out in the Milky Way.

I think Daniel is going to find this city hidden somewhere in the Milky Way.

We will also likely find one or two more "atlantian" cities in the Pegasus Galaxy.

That is a very interesting theory ZPM!, I like it as well.

Do we really know just how many Alterrans there were population wise?. Atlantis is big but if there were million's of Alterrans you would think that there are many cities out there.

buzlighty1
February 17th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Just how many Atlantis type cities are out there, and maybe something bigger and even more advanced?.....

I know this is a very subjective question, offer any theories or opinions, it seem's to me that there just might be more than a few.

3 Actually CELESTIS, Atlantis and The Tower.

For some strange reason i have a feeling CELESTIS is a starship just like Atlantis.

ZPM_Plant
February 17th, 2006, 06:25 AM
I thought the plains of celestis were in the galaxy of the Ori -- the Alterans home world?

ZPM_Plant
February 17th, 2006, 06:33 AM
That is a very interesting theory ZPM!, I like it as well.

Do we really know just how many Alterrans there were population wise?. Atlantis is big but if there were million's of Alterrans you would think that there are many cities out there.

Good point fith race. Before the plague, there could have been billions. I heard someone speculate in one of the other threads that Atlantis is the size of Manhattan. According to wikipedia, the borough of Manhattan only has 1.5 million people.

Now if we compare it to the entire city of new york, then it is still only about 8 million people. Given their (the Ancients) accomplishments, wouldn't you think there would be more of them, at least before the plague?

ZPM_Plant
February 17th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Ok we know this as a fact, that Atlantis is the home of the ancients in conclusion that tells us that nothing is more advanced then it and if there is their all just experiments. But yeah just asking how many, well your not going to get a correct answer besides guesses and peoples perspective which is very interesting.

I have been thinking of Atlantis and the sister city “the tower” imagine it’s all a puzzle and they all combine, so its like Atlantis sides open up and then combine with other city creating a super powerful spaceship. Just an idea!

Interesting Steven. Let me combine my idea with yours. Let's say that the "crowning achievement" of cities for the Alterans was to be a city that was made up of "5" Atlantis size cities that connected to form one large city.

When the plague broke out, only four of the five were complete. The fifth was to be the center city of the five. When the Alterans left the MW for Pegasus, they left behind this incompleted city, and flew their four other cities to Pegasus.

Given this hypothesis, there should be two more Atlantis sized cities in the Pegasus galaxy, and one yet to be discovered in the MW.

Also, I conjecture that the unfinished city in the MW has the capacity to make ZPMs, since it was to be the center of the giant city.

I came up with 5 as follows:
There are five piers in Atlantis (that is, an "X" with a line across the middle of the x. For the sake of symmetry, there would be one city in the middle four connecting on the outside, Atlantis being one of the connecting cities.

What do you think?

Kirath
February 18th, 2006, 08:28 PM
atlantis isn't just a city its a giant space ship. they may have been builts as arks to transport the surviving Ancients elsewhere so that the plague didn't completely wipe out their race. The ancients could have built 2 or twenty depending on how many they needed to transport the first colonists to the pegasus galaxy. The real question is how many survived the war with the wraith.

NakedJehutyV2
February 19th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Atlantis is the true Lost city

And while there might be more ancient structures in Pegasus I doubt they'll ever find anything to match Atlantis - afterall the point of the show is that Atlantis is the pinacle of Ancient city building

yeah then were's the huge cache of weapons and tech? atlantis isn't the city described on the tablet

alfirin_kirinki
February 19th, 2006, 07:06 AM
What about the building on Athos?

ZPM_Plant
February 19th, 2006, 08:10 AM
What about the building on Athos?

Good question. Do you recall what was said about those ruins? I thought that the Athosians were a post-ancient, technologically advanced species.

Starbase
February 24th, 2006, 05:30 AM
yeah then were's the huge cache of weapons and tech? atlantis isn't the city described on the tablet

Is there other cities that were designed specifically as battle headquaters in the war against the Wraith. There could very well be other Atlantis type cities that have fleets of Battle Cruiser type war ships and a stash on drones and ZedPM's?.....wishful thinking?, probably, but it sure would be sweet

Major Melton
February 24th, 2006, 05:42 AM
If there are other cities they might not be in the Pegasus Galaxy or in the Milky Way.

SG_FAN15
February 24th, 2006, 05:45 AM
well considerring that the city slots into the outpost, but i think, that there are only 2, but then again, how many planets where there that the ancient controlled?

Starbase
February 24th, 2006, 05:50 AM
If there are other cities they might not be in the Pegasus Galaxy or in the Milky Way.

Good point, there is just so damn much we have no idea about with the Ancients.

the Fifth Race
February 24th, 2006, 07:01 AM
well considerring that the city slots into the outpost, but i think, that there are only 2, but then again, how many planets where there that the ancient controlled?

I don't know about controlling planets, but the Ancients sure did explore literally thousands of planets in numerous galaxies judging by how intricate and vast the Stargate network is.

I still think that there are a number of Atlantis type cities yet to be discovered.

Jakebbq
April 15th, 2006, 01:24 AM
i think there are as many atlantis type citys as there are outposts

mckaychick
April 16th, 2006, 02:06 PM
i think there are as many atlantis type citys as there are outposts
wouldnt doubt that

Welsh_Guy
April 20th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Did they ever explore the Ancient City Ruins on Athos I wonder? Plus I expect there are a few more ancient outposts and cities lying around in Pegasus somewhere Atlantis and the Tower can't be the only ones.

NakedJehutyV2
April 20th, 2006, 09:45 PM
so far 3 but there's 12 total