This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Season 1 Episode

What's your favourite Season 1 episode and why?

For info about Season One episodes click HERE
    Children of the Gods
    12.27%
    The Enemy Within
    0.00%
    Emancipation
    1.36%
    The Broca Divide
    1.82%
    The First Commandment
    0.45%
    Cold Lazarus
    3.18%
    The Nox
    5.45%
    Brief Candle
    0.91%
    Thor's Hammer
    1.82%
    The Torment of Tantalus
    15.45%
    Bloodlines
    0.45%
    Fire and Water
    2.27%
    Hathor
    3.18%
    Singularity
    3.64%
    Cor-ai
    0.00%
    Enigma
    1.82%
    Solitudes
    11.36%
    Tin Man
    1.82%
    There but for the Grace of God
    22.73%
    Politics
    0.45%
    Within the Serpent's Grasp
    9.55%
    sigpic

I voted for Singularity. It introduced Cassie (yay!) and it had a great plost and I remember really being on the edge of my seat the first time I saw it. I was on pins and needles to see if Cassie would really die and almost cried when Sam was taking her down the elevator. Really rode the emotional roller coaster with that episode.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I voted for Torment of Tantalus - it's my favourite SG episode over all to be honest. Although when I first saw it I hated it - poor Ernst stranded there all those years haunted me for ages afterwards. I actually found myself tormented over things like what did he eat? How did he cope with losing everything? And poor Catherine!

The ending always gets me. That split second Daniel stands there, and you really really don't know which he's going to choose - to leave or to stay. That second was quite heart stopping the first time I saw the episode, and it still has a lot of power now when I rewatch the episode. The whole question of knowledge for its own sake was a powerful subtext too.
      sigpic

Comment

Me too, Torment of Tantalus is my favourite ep of all. I worry a lot about Ernest, what he went through (why he wasn't even more flaky when they found hm) and the question of what he ate really really bugs me.

Where did he get his fresh water? Why didn't he have a beard?

And yet, it has just about everything a Stargate ep could possibly offer.
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

The Torment of Tantalus: mythology, Catherine, "pre-gate" story, four races...

Comment

Gotta go for "The Nox" here. I Thought the acting was superb, and the race had obviously been well thought out.

I also fell in love with Lya.
            sigpic

Comment

I voted "The Nox" but " The Torment of Tantalus" is also a nice Episode.
              Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

I voted for Solitudes because I think it's a great story, it shows us how close the team has become, and it gives us some interesting back story for O'Neill.

I also really like the fact that they introduced a second stargate on Earth. I thought that idea spawned sever interesting story arcs, and lead to some very interesting conclusions/outcomes.

And, yes, I found it to be shippy.

There were several other outstanding episodes, but this one always stands out the most in my mind.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I voted Children of the Gods. This episode started the great adventures of SG-1. Apophis impressed me as one cool baddie - very well dressed too.

My other fave episode from S1 is Within the Serpent's Grasp. I thought the cliff hanger at the end was awesome, when SG-1 looks out the viewing portal on Klorel's ship, they see Earth.

Comment

There but for the Grace of God is my favorite. It's an amazing view of the "world" and the name is just perfect.
                    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                      I voted for Solitudes because I think it's a great story, it shows us how close the team has become, and it gives us some interesting back story for O'Neill.
                      Yes! I know it's considered a 'shippy' episode, but it is so much more. I love the way everyone back at the base is wracking their brains trying to find O'Neill and Carter. I love how Carter keeps trying and has to deal with disappointment. I love O'Neill's wisecracks through the pain and almost certain death. And Hammond gets to leave the base!
                      Nola
                      sigpic

Comment

I never thought I would find it so hard to choose the best episode of a season
                        But in the end I decided to go for Hathor. I think its great that all the women have to gang up to save the base

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

There but for the Grace Of God. Very well written episode and a nice set up for the season finale. Also a good 'shippy' episode.

Comment

I don't knoooowwwww... I can't choose between Singularity, Solitudes and There But for the Grace of God.

Actually I think I'll plump for TBFTGOG. Its a great 'what if?' ep (but not as good as 2010).
                            Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Too many great episodes to list. I voted for Singularity, simply because its my most watched episode ever, that and In the Line of Duty.

I love Katie Stuart's Cassandra (definately not the Rites of Passage Colleen Rennison Cassandra.) It was such a fab episode, I get teary every time lol!

Solitudes, is also excellent. I love it because there is the first quality Sam/Jack time in there.

I know most people dont, but I like Emancipation. It was necessary to get on with the show and to let Sam be human and not an uber b--ch. Lol.

Enemy Within, Serpent's Lair/Grasp, Children of the Gods....list goes on.

Politics is boring though. And I was never that keen on Torment of Tantalus or There But For...
                              ------
                              Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Working...
                              X