This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient "Powers" (Spoilers)

I noticed that aside from Ayianna, we haven"t Seen any unacended ancients use their "powers". In before I sleep, we got to see the Atlanteans, but you didn;t actually see any of them displaying telekinesis (?) or anything else. (Maybe even Janus moving some tools with his mind). The episode with Aurora featured another glimpse into the ancients, but again, no use of extra-human abilities. I understand that episode took place in a virtual reality, and the ancients probably didn't use said "powers" all the time, but you'd thing tptb will jump at the chance to show it off...

Thoughts anyone?
    1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

I think the only reason that Ayana used hers was because it was a life-or-death situation and thus vitally necessary. The Ancients don't strike me as the sort of people who would just throw their abilities around whenever they could. For all we know it drains them to a certain extent. That would be one big reason not to use them in every day life.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey
      I think the only reason that Ayana used hers was because it was a life-or-death situation and thus vitally necessary. The Ancients don't strike me as the sort of people who would just throw their abilities around whenever they could. For all we know it drains them to a certain extent. That would be one big reason not to use them in every day life.

Good point.

Comment

Yes if you recall the "Frozen" Alteran and Oneil were drained after useing there power and also in that one with the Acended Santuary the girl was tired after useing her power (Even though she did not look it you could tell she was weak from useing her healing power).
        Ayana is a Acended Ancient/Alteran (Whatever they call themselfs) she could use her power much more Easyile then when she was not Acended (Guess).
        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
        new enemy of the Ori
        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon
          Ayana is a Acended Ancient/Alteran (Whatever they call themselfs)
          Ayana isn't acended, or di I miss something
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
            Ayana isn't acended, or di I miss something
            It's possible... then again it's also possible that more than one person is confused on various levels. That has potentional for all kind of messes!

Comment

It's possible... then again it's also possible that more than one person is confused on various levels. That has potentional for all kind of messes!
              but i thought she died in frozen, you know dead buried not acended
              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
                but i thought she died in frozen, you know dead buried not acended
                Difficult to say. For all we know Janet has ascended and we'll get to see her somewhere on down the line. Perhaps she's holed up in a back water part of some tiny galaxy healing people she can't just watch get sick and die. Then again she could be sitting on Landry's shoulder and whispering in his ear. If they want to keep us guessing the writers could not show you someone ascending and then bring them back later as ascended beings. Ayana has a better chance of ascension than Janet does.

Comment

I'm thinking that not all of the ancients have extra human abilties... or did they rule that out in some episode that I'm forgetting?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
                    I'm thinking that not all of the ancients have extra human abilties... or did they rule that out in some episode that I'm forgetting?
                    I'm not sure. If I'm remembering correctly they pretty much all have abilities (especially the closer they get to reaching enlightenment) but not all of them have the same abilities... not until they're ascended at least.

Comment

SCI-FI probably didn't want to waste money on little special effects with an already stretched budget. Though it would be cool since most ancients would have used such powers in everday life.

Comment

Originally posted by Tankaras
                        SCI-FI probably didn't want to waste money on little special effects with an already stretched budget. Though it would be cool since most ancients would have used such powers in everday life.
                        How do you figure?

Comment

lol! Knock it off!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar
                            lol! Knock it off!
                            *eyes widen in feigned innocence* What?

Comment

I figure because most T.V. shows have set spending limits on special and cg effects that they would spend money on a space battle scene rather than someone floating a device w/ telekenesis or showing someone being healed.

Comment

Working...
                              X