This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release date on uk season 8 boxset

The release date on the season 8 boxset in the UK appears to have been changed from 13th Feb to the 27th Feb. Does anyone know why this is?

I've patiently been sitting around wondering why I haven't received mine yet because I pre-ordered it from amazon, cursing them for a) not sending it and b) not telling me why they've not sent it yet. So I mailed them today and found out this is apparently why they've not sent it, and now I'm wondering why the release date got changed.

Apologies if there's a thread for this elsewhere. I did a search and couldn't find anything, but I may have just missed it.

Thanks
    Scarlet

Signature courtesy of the wonderful Mazzmatazz

Arrrrr, that's why i couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe it's something to do with the full length "Threads", i don't know. Thanks for letting me know the new date though!

Wait a minute, is Atlantis S1 delayed as well then? BLAST!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Yep looks like it, looks like that one wont be out now till the 13th March!

Signature courtesy of the wonderful Mazzmatazz

Comment

I just went on Play.com to check the prices. Harsh. *Passes out*

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
          *chucks 27p in change to Anubis69* Put this towards the costs.
          sigpic

Comment

I got my Region 2 Season 8 boxset on Ebay a few weeks ago… Packaging is in French but once you put it in the DVD you just opt for English and it’s the SG-1 we all know and love. It’s in a natty little silver box. Yum, rhymes with Silver Fox…

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              *chucks 27p in change to Anubis69* Put this towards the costs.
              Sweet, only £47.72 to go!!! I owe you one!

Comment

I decided last July that I wasent going to wait for the UK release of Season 8 because a) it wouldnt be out until February 2006 and b) it would be £45+ so instead I went for the R2 Dutch release which came out in August and better still was only £25 which is about £20 less than the UK set.

I cant understand why people would want to wait an extra 6 months and pay an extra £20 for the exact same discs just in different packaging

Also, the delay of the Season 8 Boxset cant have anything to do with the episode 'Threads' because unlike the US, the UK got the correct full length version the first time around when it was released last year.

Comment

Perhaps theyve had shipping problems. All I know is I cant wait till it come out so then I actually am allowed a new shelf fitted to fit all my SG1 Boxsets on (currently they all fit on top of my TV).
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I've heard there's been problems with the commentaries on the Threads DVD
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                      You think thats bad.... I was looking at SG1 boxsets the other day in Virgin... and their charging €130 thats about £88.70
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                        You think thats bad.... I was looking at SG1 boxsets the other day in Virgin... and their charging €130 thats about £88.70
                        *Clutches chest* ...Bit of a rip. Most i've seen on the high street is around £60. Virgin do have a tendency to try to nick your money right from your pocket though. Most CD's: £15.99 Trek DVDs: £80+ *shakes fist*

Btw, i recomend Silverscreen if there's one near anyone. (for Scots it's in Buchanan Galleries ) They sell the boxsets for £30 give or take last i was in. SG that is.

Anyway, back to counting my coppers for S8...
                        Last edited by Anubis69; 23 February 2006, 08:09 AM.

Comment

You know I got all 7 seasons for under £20 each on eBay. Don't know if I could have that for s.8
                          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            I've heard there's been problems with the commentaries on the Threads DVD
                            That could be the reason except for one small problem, there is no audio commentary for Threads.

Comment

to the best of my knowledge, UK R2 came out today, with SGA s1 due out mid march.

whatever you do...don't but it from HMV. They're selling it at £79.99
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                              X