This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dakaran weapon #Possible Spoilers#

Is there a Dakaran weapon in the PG or some of the over Tec we have seen in SG-1
    Last edited by Brigadier General jackson; 16 February 2006, 04:50 AM.

I don't think there's much technological crossover. The stargates and DHDs are the only ones I think of immediately. So far, nothing's been seen in the PG like the Dakaran weapon. Rings haven't been seen in Pegasus.

Drones and control chair have been seen in both galaxies.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

i think the dakara weapon could be modified to attack ascended beings.... think of that its used to attack all living matter to rearange matter... we modified it to attack replicator blocks... i bet we could modify it even more to attack ascended beings! o0o0o0o0o thats good stuff.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by tony
        i think the dakara weapon could be modified to attack ascended beings.... think of that its used to attack all living matter to rearange matter... we modified it to attack replicator blocks... i bet we could modify it even more to attack ascended beings! o0o0o0o0o thats good stuff.
        uhh... i dont think so... ascended beings are pure energy.. and they cant pretty much phase out of this dimension... THEY ARE IN A HIGHER PLANE.. cant be killed
        "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
        "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
        "I shot him. In the leg."
        "I'm invulnerable."
        "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
        "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

I think the Dakara weapon was a one off. It's gone now though, sadly

Comment

I don't know if there is a use for it in Pegasus. I mean it was needed in Milky Way to kill the plague and allow life to flourish again but the Atlanteans had no such need in Pegasus so they could have gone to slow way to restart life.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

They should have dissected it, not just blown it up or whatever they did. I think they could have one in Pegasus, because we have seen the Ancient puzzle architecture in Atlantis before (Brotherhood)
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Caboose: They could be worse?
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

It says in Rising part 1 i think that the Ancients seeded life in the pegasus galaxy aswel as milky way, therefore, seen as they used the Dakara device in milky way to make life as it is now there should be something similar in Pegasus.

Most likely, it'll be in Atlantis, thats my bet with it being the base of operations for all the ancients in Pegasus.
                I'm sorry but am I the only one who appreciates how totally screwed we really are!?

Rodney you destroyed 3 quaters of a solar sytem!
                5 sixths, look it's not an exact science
                Do you ever give your ego a rest?!

Maybe my mind just conjoured you up for one last romp before i die
                *raises eyebrow*
                Ok, ok one first romp

Comment

Yea probably in atlantis, but at the rate they are exploring that city, they should discover it in a decade or two.

Comment

There is a possibility there is one in PG. It could be in Atlantis or on another planet.
                    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                    Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by nick05
                      It says in Rising part 1 i think that the Ancients seeded life in the pegasus galaxy aswel as milky way, therefore, seen as they used the Dakara device in milky way to make life as it is now there should be something similar in Pegasus.

Most likely, it'll be in Atlantis, thats my bet with it being the base of operations for all the ancients in Pegasus.
                      seeded not recreated.. the wepon was meant to restore life to those that had died of the plauge
                      "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
                      "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
                      "I shot him. In the leg."
                      "I'm invulnerable."
                      "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
                      "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

I'm pretty sure it doesn't bring back the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by XxDark-LordxX
                          uhh... i dont think so... ascended beings are pure energy.. and they cant pretty much phase out of this dimension... THEY ARE IN A HIGHER PLANE.. cant be killed
                          I would like to point out that there could be a way for the Dekara weapon to be modified to "kill" the Ancients. The ancients are pure energy and depending on what kind of energy the Ancients are there are different routes we can take, lets say just for argument that they are the same energy as Light energy, then using Einstein's equation for energy you can state that the Ancients are mass*c^2.

Now according to Wikipedia, and I know there not always right so please do correct me if im wrong, then "Mass is a property of a physical object that quantifies the amount of matter it contains." thus mass is matter not exactly but matter affects what mass is, so if the Dekara weapon can destroy/rearrange matter then in effect they could "kill" or at least "bother" the Ancients.

And even if the Ancients do "phase" out of this dimension to another one that doesn't mean they are completely safe from things that happen in this dimension. If some major theories of today are correct then all dimensions are linked through the space-time described by Einstein, and then they could possibly be affected by a weapon in our dimension.

Of course I am not an expert on physics, weapons, Ascension, or Stargate (although I definitely know more about stargate than the other three), this above item is just my opinion, and I'm open to any critism that you all would like to give me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantian
                            I would like to point out that there could be a way for the Dekara weapon to be modified to "kill" the Ancients. The ancients are pure energy and depending on what kind of energy the Ancients are there are different routes we can take, lets say just for argument that they are the same energy as Light energy, then using Einstein's equation for energy you can state that the Ancients are mass*c^2.

Now according to Wikipedia, and I know there not always right so please do correct me if im wrong, then "Mass is a property of a physical object that quantifies the amount of matter it contains." thus mass is matter not exactly but matter affects what mass is, so if the Dekara weapon can destroy/rearrange matter then in effect they could "kill" or at least "bother" the Ancients.

And even if the Ancients do "phase" out of this dimension to another one that doesn't mean they are completely safe from things that happen in this dimension. If some major theories of today are correct then all dimensions are linked through the space-time described by Einstein, and then they could possibly be affected by a weapon in our dimension.

Of course I am not an expert on physics, weapons, Ascension, or Stargate (although I definitely know more about stargate than the other three), this above item is just my opinion, and I'm open to any critism that you all would like to give me.
                            I'm pretty sure Atlantis itself has one of those "weapons", for terraforming/seeding life in Pegasus
                            sigpic

Comment

the Dakara weapon couldn't kill the ancients...even if it was modified, which we wouldn't understand how to do that in the first place. Your misinterpreting the meaning of pure energy and ascension. Pure energy, that was like the Vorlons were on Babylon 5. Ascension is to a completely different plane of existence. Pure Energy is just another form of evolution, its not ascending. The Dakara weapon can only manipulate what is on its own plane, wether its pure energy or a piece of metal. But the ancients left our plane. This is also why anubis tried to create the soldiers for ascension, to attack the ancients on their own ground. The only way to beat an ascended being is to be an ascended being.

Comment

Working...
                              X