• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hieroglyphs ?(timerC)

OOO:OO

Egyptian hieroglyphics?

What is going on

Spoiler:
    Well, what I remember of my hieroglyphs it was E**A*. I'd guess ETHAN, but that's too easy. If someone could get a screencap of the glyphs for me, I'd really appreciate it. Hmm.. The A might be an M. Brain's already gone fuzzy...

Comment

i'm sure a screenshot will be coming.
      here's something maybe that'll help when it comes:

Comment

here ya go

Comment

Awesome! But some of those aren't generic glyphs. Hmmm

Comment

heiroglyphs can also be sounds, not just letters too.

The first can be either an S or a C - both commonly making the S-like sound.

then a blank.

The feather can be either an I or an E most likely. you can see the shape, but its got a base.

then the clear A

then a who knows.

s_i/ea_

not to mention what sounded like blast doors closing, maybe while this was happening? or some kind of generator pulsing up. maybe a huge electromagnetic pulse bomb? who knows.

Comment

It sounded more like a jet airplane powering up to me...
              Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

The Island Flies!!?!!1!21?!!!!one!!

Comment

The noises probably have something to do with whatever makes Jack's key get all magnetized. It sounded like something initiating or activating.

The glyphs..wowee, that was great. Although, Egyptian glyphs on an Island seem a tad odd. Who cares, something more for me to obsess about.
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

So close! I’ve been waiting all this time to see what happens when you don’t input the numbers, period. Oh well they’ll get there one day.

Never expected hieroglyphs to appear though.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Hmm... the nearest word I can find is DEPART, but that wouldn't account for the gap in space 2 and the last symbol doesn't match. Still sounds ominous though, doesn't it?

You can find the word on this page and see what you think. Scroll down almost to the bottom. EDIT: It's the seventh sign up from the bottom.
                      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 15 February 2006, 07:27 PM.

Comment

That's some impressive stuff. Maybe the island is powering up and will pull an Atlantis and dive underwater...course, one of the other stations would then be required to have a shield...

Comment

Hm. Someone pointed out to me that the first symbol on its own means "she". Nearest action I can get from the remaining symbols is cross/journey by boat. Although then you have to wonder if there's significance to the red and the black. Oy. I think I still like "depart" as the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Oy. I think I still like "depart" as the answer.
                            I hope "depart" is the answer, that sounds way better.

Comment

Is that depart as in "Flight 815 Oceanic is departing from gate 4..."?
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                              X