Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we not see ring transporters in Pegasus yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do we not see ring transporters in Pegasus yet?

Considering ring transporters were at the Proclarush outpost in the [milky way] galaxy(?), there should exists better looking ring transporters in pegasus.

Or is it a franchise copyright that they cannot bring them over like zats/staff weapons ala SG-1?

I think it's more of an attemt to avoid repetition between the two shows then copyright issues.

(This has been asked before)

Comment

Copyrigth issues I can understand them not wanting to use them because SG1 uses them but how does copyright fit in Sony owns SG1 + SGA so why cant they use them?
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

also if the Ancients had cityships (Atlantis and the Tower), they wouldn't need ring transporters because they would have transporters in the cities and outposts for the city ships to land.
        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
          also if the Ancients had cityships (Atlantis and the Tower), they wouldn't need ring transporters because they would have transporters in the cities and outposts for the city ships to land.
          Indeed, they have the little lift things where they walk in and are transported away. MW galaxy and PG galaxy ancient tech tends to be very different for some reason.

Comment

Atlantis has those transporter booths and the Daedalus has Asgard 'porters which are far far cooler.
            Just a Thought
            Do you want to know the secrets of time travel? ... Ha ha thats what I thought ... whaddafslkfjclfdsarrr Do you want to know the secrets of time travel? (Quote from an Arbiter)

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
              Indeed, they have the little lift things where they walk in and are transported away. MW galaxy and PG galaxy ancient tech tends to be very different for some reason.
              The reason for that I think is because technology continuely to increase as the Ancients were going to PG and during their time in PG until the Wraith-Ancient War. After that war, they retreated to Earth and decided not to persue science anymore and lived the rest of their lives in peace. Then the MW technology: some got buried and some got scrounged by the Gou'ld and what they couldn't master were destroyed or were lost.
              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I wondered it myself sometimes but if they use the transporters in the city you can hear the same sound sometimes but you have to listen very carefully
                Lord Zedd

Comment

When the Ancients began to suffer from a plague, which is the reason they left the milky way, the city was still under construction. It would of been constructed with all their latest advancements and technologies, which would include the transporters, their nice new gate, the dialing system (first seen in the time machine of episode "it's good to be king"), and no doubt many other things we're yet to see.

Comment

are ring transporters compatible with lantian ones?

Comment

I think when they arrived at the Pegasus (however many city ships), they had no reason to utilize Ring Tech...

My question is: What could the Lantians possibly use Ring Tech for, when they have those rooms that transport you anywhere in the city? (The ones from The Storm).

Mattathias

Comment

well as we aint seen any type of ancient beam technology rings wuld be very useful say beamin from orbit etc, so far the closets have only worked within the city, rings can transport to anywhere on the planet.

Comment

oy matt, ya need to read correctly.

are they compaible ie if the prommie had went to atlantis if the rings would've worked with the elevator ones

Comment

It wouldn't match the deco

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                              are ring transporters compatible with lantian ones?
                              They should be, as long as there is something to intercept the matter stream and rematerialize the object, they should both work on the same principle, just like the Wraith darts capture nets work with exactly the same principle as the stargate, like we saw in Duet.
                              It's just a question of, are they capable of receiving external transportation requests. You would need some kind of security feature that doesn't allow just anything to come and go as it pleases, you wouldn't want the Wraith suddenly popping in since we know they've mastered demolecularization technology evident with their capture nets.

Comment

Working...
                              X