PDA

View Full Version : Cheyenne offers first MMO game details

Darren
February 15th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Video game developer Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment today announced the first details on Stargate Worlds, the upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game ("MMORPG") set in the Stargate universe. The game is now in pre-production, with no release date yet set. The company is also searching for a publisher, which will help answer many questions regarding the game's price, on-going subscription fees (if any), and release date.

Players of Stargate Worlds will be able to create a character from among a choice of races and explore the Stargate universe in a free-form environment, providing for an almost limitless variety of experiences in game play.

Read the full story at GateWorld.net > (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/02/cheyenneoffersfirstmmogame.shtml)

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
February 15th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I hope the subscription fee doesn't cost a lot. If it's more than $20, I'm not buying it.

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I can't WAIT to get this game! And as NowIWillDestroyAbydos said, I hope it won't be too much, but even if it cost a million quid a bleedin month i'm still gonna buy!:D It'll be like BEING in the show! Actually being one of the characters!

This is was so meant to be! It is much more suitable to the stargate universe than an FPS (tough both would have been nice:()

ShadowMaat
February 15th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I'll be curious to see how this develops. I'm not big into the gaming thing, but I like the idea of non-combatant characters. That's much more my level.

prion
February 15th, 2006, 02:02 PM
I read the original article at

http://www.gamecloud.com/omg.wtf?lolz=3512

and it sounds like they're trying to compete with that Warcraft game. Do people really have that much spare time to devote to games like this??

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 02:14 PM
That's where I read it too, a few hours before it was posted here on Gateworld. I seriously hope this does'nt meet the same fate as the alliance.

DigiFluid
February 15th, 2006, 03:02 PM
This is was so meant to be! It is much more suitable to the stargate universe than an FPS (tough both would have been nice:()

I don't understand this attitude. There's nothing mutually contradictory about FPS and RPG. Just look at Deus Ex. Imagine that design, in a Stargate setting, on an MMO scale.

SG-1ssm
February 15th, 2006, 03:46 PM
It won't be a FPS...I doubt the combate systme would be any good then.

DigiFluid
February 15th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Just....play Deus Ex. You'll understand.

the fifth man
February 15th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I'll be curious to see how this develops. I'm not big into the gaming thing, but I like the idea of non-combatant characters. That's much more my level.

I can't wait to see how this turns out either. I hope it succeeds, but there's no way I'll be able to take part in it if the monthly fee is too much. Guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. I still would like a SG game for my PS2 though.:(

Osiris-RA
February 15th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I've never done MMO's. First of all, I can't imagine paying to play a game, plus <hypocrite>I can't imagine wasting all that time.</hypocrite> I think I'd try it...after reading dozens of proper review sources, of course. :D

immhotep
February 16th, 2006, 12:56 AM
This is brilliant news. Since the first time Sg games were announced i was hoping that an online MMO was going to be released, somethign along te lines of SW Galaxies and WoW and now we have it. The fact that it wil include not only other races but atlantis and ships is awesome. The possibilitys will be endless, from oining the lucian allience and taking on the wraith in a smuggling run for a hive ship! to leading the FJN in an all out war against the tauri! Become an Asgard and help solve thier cloning problem. this game will be the means by which all the ideas on this forum about how they should have done things, and what we could have done can be realised...anyone who has imagined thier own SG universe and never seen it come aobut will have the chance to get it, live it and explore something they have always thought wouldnt come.
Im overjoyed by this news, its actually made my year...i was excited by the allience, im extatic about Stargate Worlds.

buckner
February 16th, 2006, 05:20 AM
it would be cool if there was a Gateworld guild lol

immhotep
February 16th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Oh there will be! it will probley replace the RPG! or become a virtual extension of it.

GhostPoet
February 16th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I read the original article at

http://www.gamecloud.com/omg.wtf?lolz=3512

and it sounds like they're trying to compete with that Warcraft game. Do people really have that much spare time to devote to games like this??

Of course they do.
After my wife and I get home from work we play for a couple hours..then do other stuff (watch a movie, eat, etc..) Before bed. On weekends we'll play for HOURS.
Plenty of time to get stuff done in game.

immhotep
February 16th, 2006, 02:46 PM
yes people really do have that much time, i used to now im a bit busy but yes MMO's are big bucks ad millions of people play them, if stargate becomes a part of that genre im happy to rejoin the band wagon.

youngtusk87
February 23rd, 2006, 11:41 PM
Theres no way this game would be able to compete with World of Warcraft, its not even the best MMO out there, but its the most popular. Although i'd like to see an SG MMO dwarf WoW, I can't see it happening unless...no, I just can't.