This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asguard Cloning Problem Solved

We know from s7 of SG-1 that O'Neill was close to being able to house the mind of an Asguard. With the Ancient database from Atlantis the Asguard are able to begin adapting the Ancient physiology to accept Asgaurd conciousness. Maybe the reason the Asguard come to Pegasus is to make sure Atlantis is safe while they do their research. Interesting, no?

LoL...There are a lot more humans out there that are more advanced than O'Neill. The Asgard just need to take a blood sample, and clone away,.

Comment

The Asgard have already had access to a massive amount of Ancient knowledge and they still haven't solved their problem. They'd be better off making a few sacrifices ie. accepting regression in favor of survival. If they could clone a few human children and give them as much knowledge as possible and then raise them as their own teaching them everything else, their society might survive in some way.

Of course there are other warped alternatives, they could experiment on some Goa'uld. They store their information genetically. If they could find a way to get all their knowledge and personalities into blank goa'uld larvae they could do what we nutty humans have done and then merge that goa'uld with a human as we backwards humans did with sekhmet and then take up procreation the old fashioned way.

Or once again going back to Sekhmet/Anna we could do a human/asgard merger.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

they should use the priors as they are more advanced than we are by along shot.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

We could tell them about the lab where we found anubis's son
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

to see these....egg head asgard would be fasinating and creepy looking
            the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

asgard are cuteish how they are... theyd be too ugly like that
              "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
              "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
              "I shot him. In the leg."
              "I'm invulnerable."
              "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
              "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

You know what I'm really curious about... would the Asgard be willing to give up their cumbersome near immortality in exchange for future generations? It's an interesting dilemma.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I keep saying the answer is obvious. The Asgard can upload their mind into computers, they just need a big enough computer and weve seen one intricatly linked to the Asgard.... Replicators.

Comment

Even if they get the body cloning problem fixed. How exactly are they gonna increase their population? They should clone their minds, imagine meeting a hundred Hermiods It would be hell for Mckay.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric
                      I keep saying the answer is obvious. The Asgard can upload their mind into computers, they just need a big enough computer and weve seen one intricatly linked to the Asgard.... Replicators.
                      its not... what would that do for them except.. well giving them a ship for a body... and im sure its not really possible seeing as how it would take a few petabytes (1000000 gigz) a brain and all thats in it would surely exceed any program hugely... now the replicators MIGHT be able to... but last time i remember they were destroyed and theyd never help anyways... theyr best hope is to perfect the cloning... their dieing because each time they clone themselves it gets worst
                      "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
                      "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
                      "I shot him. In the leg."
                      "I'm invulnerable."
                      "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
                      "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
                        Even if they get the body cloning problem fixed. How exactly are they gonna increase their population? They should clone their minds, imagine meeting a hundred Hermiods It would be hell for Mckay.
                        ok, say they did fix their cloning problem. all they would have to do is build citys on say 4 diiferent planets. clone each asgards mind and body. put maybe 3 of each on each planet. put these planets in atime dilation field make the time pass way faster on those planets. in about 3 years their would be asgards everywhere with their own personalities. then shut off the time dilation and they're set
                        i know that sounds kinda um.... dumb maybe but think about it
                        I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NORCALJJ
                          ok, say they did fix their cloning problem. all they would have to do is build citys on say 4 diiferent planets. clone each asgards mind and body. put maybe 3 of each on each planet. put these planets in atime dilation field make the time pass way faster on those planets. in about 3 years their would be asgards everywhere with their own personalities. then shut off the time dilation and they're set
                          i know that sounds kinda um.... dumb maybe but think about it
                          This is not a substitute for sex.... or at least sexual reproduction.

The asgard civilization is static and will remain so if they don't get new minds at some point. The problem with the Asgard is that the whole cloning thing was a bad idea to begin with and it doesn't make them look good that they didn't figure that out until things got to this point.

Comment

while jack is earth's most advanced jonas is more advanced

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                              while jack is earth's most advanced jonas is more advanced
                              Good point. Take 's ancient gene and everything else from and put an Asgard consciousness in it. It would let the Asgard figure out more Ancient technology and then they could begin to revert to their meiosis capable former selves.
                              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                              Caboose: They could be worse?
                              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                              X