This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Baal becoming a joke?

Baal started out as a really good character, especially in Abyss (S6), but now in S9 i feel the character's turned into a joke. Anyone agree?

na, I think he is more serious then ever. I never payed attention to him before this season, but now I see him as much more of a threat. Plus theres no way of knowing wether he is ACTUALLY dead... spooky...

Comment

i think the part of baal that's a joke is the clones.....and said clones' fates

Spoiler:
      i mean we're on death #3 for cryin out loud, with at least 5 more to go. it's ridiculous to kill baal off every week.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Spoiler:
        i mean we're on death #3 for cryin out loud, with at least 5 more to go. it's ridiculous to kill baal off every week.
        It's not EVERY week. Plus, if they find entertaining enough ways to do it... He killed Oniell like a gazillion times, we needs a bit of revenge!!!

It has only happaned 3x. He is'nt in anymore episodes this season, either.

Comment

Spoiler:

I agree. Ba'al himself is still the coolest Goa'uld they have. But, those clones are silly.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

All we need are some badly drawn cartoons and we can do "OMG You killed Baal, you Baalstard"
            Week after week after week.
            Personally i think the deaths two weeks in a row is a little much, but he is far more serious than ever, and he seems far better than in Abyss or any other ep IMO
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

We're not at the point where its ridiuclous yet, but it could get there.

Comment

No he's getting payback, Then again this could be his plan
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by TPL2005
                  Baal started out as a really good character, especially in Abyss (S6), but now in S9 i feel the character's turned into a joke. Anyone agree?
                  Everything is getting to be cheap looking in S9...even those Ori Orbs...that plastic / fiberglass look..

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Yeah, but there were two additional Baal's on the ship as well. So death number 3, accompanied by the two clones on his ship being killed as well. What I wonder is how was Baal able to clone himself and gain control over the other Baal's without their being competition amongst the Baals.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I don't want this to turn into Season 9 bashing thread, but i do agree that everything suddenly feels very cheap, including the characters and stories.

Comment

I like Ba'al in general. I still haven't seen any of Season 9 yet, but I still think it pushes the bar higher.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                          All we need are some badly drawn cartoons and we can do "OMG You killed Baal, you Baalstard"
                          Week after week after week.
                          IMO
                          lol

Comment

I wonder what has happened to the original Baal. Is he among the dead? Do the Baals even know who the original Baal is?

I think that the Baals must all agree that having multiple copies of themselves is a good thing. The original Baal must have thought so, making it likely that they'd all agree. They probably all think alike, so there wouldn't be any dispute over who makes the decisions. From what we've seen, the clones seem to behave quite well together.
                            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by TPL2005
                              Yes, he was good until the clones. Now he is just cheese. Cool looking cheese and not at all smelly one would assume, but cheese nontheless.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X