This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    Can I just take a moment to go off on a little rant here? And I want to make it clear that I'm not posting as a mod but merely expressing a pet peeve of mine.

I just want to say that I find the recent more and more violent posts toward Pete somewhat disturbing. And I'm not targeting this thread I'm just posting here because I know that everyone here is not particularly fond of Pete, including myself. But does anyone else find the "Die, Pete, Die!" sentiments to be a little much. I don't really want to see Pete again and I most certainly don't want him to end up with Sam but I don't want to see him die a horrible death either. Am I alone in this? Does anyone agree with me?
    I agree with you--I don't really want to die. Now, I wouldn't mind it if Sam slugged him one for his stupid behavior! Or Jack even. I don't want him to die--I just want him GONE!!!!!!! Away from Sam! I could even put up with his recurrence as a character as long as he's NOT with Sam! I have no probs with DDL (I even think he's kind of cute in a little boy way)--I just want to get out of the way of Jack and Sam! (Of course I know that he's not the only thing standing in the way but it would be one less obstacle to deal with). As for disturbing, I imagine that posts like that would probably bother me too but I'm pretty much exclusive to this and the thunking thread and I haven't seen anything on either one that bothers me all that much. Seems like we pretty much stick to the potato collection (funny stuff, that). Looked at the anti-Pete thread a while back but I didn't feel I had anything new to add so I just leave it well enough alone--I think I've made my feelings about him well-known and I don't feel the need to discuss him too much any more. Sorry, I know that was a long roundabout answer but I do agree with you!
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Caty, thank you for all your hard work and your wonderful vids. Without them there would be alot of very depressed shippers around here!!!!!

Here is a big chocolate kiss for all you have done!!

Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        Elfinwood, Close your eyes, go to your happy place and take 3 cleansing breaths. Breathe in, breath out, breath in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.
        Here is a shipper cookie for you. Now repeat after Ship Nana the shippers mantra. Oh honey swallow your cookie first. Good, now repeat the Shippers mantra:
        Screw the Regs!! Down with !! Sam & Jack FOREVER!!!

Now don't you feel better??!
        Much better, thank you Ship Nana!

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
          I agree with you 100%.

Wishing him dead is not the solution.
          I agree with you--it's not. Actually just posted to say how much I love your new sig--TOO FUNNY!! Could just see Carter locking them in the Peltac for being bad boys LOL! (But that's a whole other thread )

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            video 30 "Too lost in you" (Sugarbabes)A English group... dedicated to Sheena...can't remember where she usually posts ...I'll try all the forums

Sam is too lost in Jack...He's all she sees and needs.

I probably will be doing a French Sam and Jack video tomorrow ...I'm sure everybody knows this song ..I 'll post the translation and lyrics too and after that..... I hope you won't mind Guys !!!!!..but I may be taking a break from Sam and Jack videos for a while

I may be doing some for Jack and some for Sam and move on to "Alias "soon.

I'm sure Marimba will make plenty more of Sam and Jack

You have plenty of Sam and Jack in my website for all your shippy hearts until July.

I know somebody else asked me for a request ..I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime..Enjoy

Click on my sig below to access my website.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Caty,
            Can't thank you enough for the spectacular job you do on the videos...have a great vacation.

FYI, my personal top five of yours for music selection, clips shown, pacing, UST, fun, angst, unrequited love and overall SF(Ship Factor) are:
            5. What a Wonderful World
            4. This Kiss
            3. At Last
            2. Breathe
            1. Who Wants to Live Forever
            List subject to change due to emotional status and spoilers

anyone else? Which are YOUR favorites?
            Diana

Marimba, I'm starting to work my way through yours now... looking forward to experiencing those, too!

Comment

(snip, snip)
              Originally posted by nickatell
              I think their plan probably now will be make Pete a nice guy who simiply wants Sam and what HE considers to be a normal life for them;then, Sam will have to come to bat and stop guessing what she wants and make a decision. If they make him a bad guy I would think that Sam would just think she picked the wrong guy and continue looking, no?
              I think you're on to something there. We want Sam to make an informed choice to fight to be with Jack. Not chose Jack because she had another baddy on her hands or because he dies or worse keep looking like you suggested. We want her to go into her relationship with Jack with wide open eyes which allow her to choose her destiny and be happy with it.

I truly believe that that is what (still can't say his name) is for. He is to help Sam come to the realization that Jack is her life and that that life is worth waiting for.

So we must wait, just like Sam. The best is yet to come shipper family and it will soooooooo be worth the wait. You'll see!!! You must believe!!

I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE

Meanwhile, let's eat some shipper cookies!
              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                C'mon. No Jack no Stargate. All the folks who like Stargate and aren't online love Jack/RDA. I know for me, I'd stop watching it, in fact, with all these new spoilers I might stop watching it anyway, and just watch the episodes with Jack in 'em. And Teal'c probably.

Definitely giving Sam and Pete the bodyswerve. And I'm still annoyed at being "told off" by AT for not liking Pete at the convention in Pasadena. Since when do I have to like a character?
                Yep, gotta wonder about that! I'm still confused by that whole thing! Dont understand why she would say stuff like that one week then that Jack and Sam love each other the next week. I realize she's probably defending DDL (though he is a big boy who I would hope could take care of himself) but it still doesn't sit too well with me. No reply required--just musing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by gpguk
                  Message to Caty, YAY you did to lost in you by the sugarbabes, did you see my message in the last thread about that song, its on one of the last pages of it. cause i was listening to it while reading the sam and jack thread and thought it was approptiate.

Thanks for doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im downloading it now, im sure its just as fabby as the rest!

Sheena contacted me 2 days ago for that song....I can't remember if she posts here ..but I'm sure she 'll be pleased as well .No I did not see your post...This thread is filling up so quickly that it's hard to keep track..plus most of you shipper friends are from the US and post when I'm asleep Therefore, it's hard to interact. (it's not Pete..lol)
                  If you have requests , tell me through private message or e-mail me at:
                  [email protected]

"Too lost in you" Sugarbabes is a good song..very fitting for Sam and Jack ..I could have make it Jack's point of view but I thought Sam was more appropriate...and also she cries more than Jack.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                    You deserve a break Caty, you've been like a machine, cranking out those wonderful, shippy videos. Have a great vacation to France!
                    Thank you for your smilie Sacme..I just love it ..I'm going to France on the 15th of June..so I have a bit more time . My French brother is getting married

Somebody asked me for a request lately which I will be doing too...plus the French song ...need to translate it into English for you Guys...but you'll like it ..it's a famous tune.

I'm glad you enjoy my shippy videos..and hopefully we'll have some great material for Sam and Jack in season 8 to work with.

Caty aka Shipdiva

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                      Caty,
                      Can't thank you enough for the spectacular job you do on the videos...have a great vacation.

FYI, my personal top five of yours for music selection, clips shown, pacing, UST, fun, angst, unrequited love and overall SF(Ship Factor) are:
                      4. This Kiss
                      3. At Last
                      2. Breathe

anyone else? Which are YOUR favorites?
                      Diana

Of course I love them all but
                      My top 3 are:

3. Die another Day
                      2. My Immortal
                      1. My Confession
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                        Caty, thank you for all your hard work and your wonderful vids. Without them there would be alot of very depressed shippers around here!!!!!

Here is a big chocolate kiss for all you have done!!

Thank you for your chocolate kiss ....ShipNana...It's yummy
                        I had lots of requests lately for Sam and Jack...I love them both...but I 'm gonna nuts if I watch too many clips of them
                        Still, you'll be able to sing along on my French one coming soon

Somebody asked me to do a tribute to Janet..which I thought would be a good idea.....for a change

Sam and Jack together forever.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

video 30 "Too lost in you" (Sugarbabes)A English group... dedicated to Sheena...can't remember where she usually posts ...I'll try all the forums

Sam is too lost in Jack...He's all she sees and needs.

I probably will be doing a French Sam and Jack video tomorrow ...I'm sure everybody knows this song ..I 'll post the translation and lyrics too and after that..... I hope you won't mind Guys !!!!!..but I may be taking a break from Sam and Jack videos for a while

I may be doing some for Jack and some for Sam and move on to "Alias "soon.

I'm sure Marimba will make plenty more of Sam and Jack

You have plenty of Sam and Jack in my website for all your shippy hearts until July.

I know somebody else asked me for a request ..I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime..Enjoy

Click on my sig below to access my website.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Just watched you new vid--really LIKE that song, going to go look up that group! I just love your music choices! I liked the ending to this vid--Sam just has such a nice face, especially when she's looking angsty over Jack!

As much as I'll miss your vids, you've earned a break! I was looking at your site today--WOW!!!! Thirty shippy vids!!!! Very impressive, considering PTB have given us SOOOOO little to work with!

As for me, I'm going to make a few more until I get enough Crossing Jordan footage to make some of those (I ship for Jordan and Woody). I'm slowing down a little bit though--have to pull more clips and that takes a while! Enjoy your holiday!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                            Caty,

4. This Kiss
                            3. At Last
                            2. Breathe

Hi GoneShippin'

Oh yes ..."Who wants to live forever"...is very touching ..and Sarah's voice... They have been through so much and they are still around for more adventures.....

I love the sad ones particularly "Please remember" (LeAnn Rimes) but the funny ones are my favorites ( My daughters love " what a wonderful world " "this' ain't no thinking thing" for the words, also "In your eyes" and "Can't get you out of my head".

Thank you GoneShippin' ..you made a great selection

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

i agree with shipperahoy about the pete dying thing. i do not want pete to die. i think thats a bit extreme. and i think its pretty clear that i'm not the biggest fan of that character. i think the way he treated sam was just plain bad.

i do want her to wake up and realise that he is bad for her! any guy who walks out on me like that is in for one heck of a bum kicking! my dislike of pete actually has very little to do with my being a shipper.

as for ddl, i do feel sorry for him. he's a great actor, and he seems like a really nice guy ( if he wasn't, they wouldn't bring him back). i've liked him in everything i've ever seen him in right up until around the 20 minute mark of chimera. (i'm not sure of the actual timing). i still think he did a good job playing pete. i just didn't like pete.
                              i'm all for them bringing pete back in future episodes as long as its in a non boyfriend capacity. there are sci fi related circumstances in the show in which a cop who knows things could be useful. he shouldn't die. he should just get dumped. ASAP

Comment

Hi GoneShippin'

Oh yes ..."Who wants to live forever"...is very touching ..and Sarah's voice... They have been through so much and they are still around for more adventures.....

I love the sad ones particularly "Please remember" (LeAnn Rimes) but the funny ones are my favorites ( My daughters love " what a wonderful world " "this' ain't no thinking thing" for the words, also "In your eyes" and "Can't get you out of my head".

Thank you GoneShippin' ..you made a great selection

Caty aka ShipDiva
                                Just saw that others were posting their faves so I thought I'd add mine:

These are in no particular order--just my five favorites

Frozen
                                Where Do Broken Hearts Go
                                Anytime
                                I'll Always be right there
                                Private emotion

It was really hard to pick!

Comment

Working...
                                X