X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickatell
    Spoilers Season 8 New Order & Affinity
    <snippage>

I change my mind Majorsal, I now think that TPTB are going to make him nice, maybe as Damian Kindler said Pete, the stalker no more.
    They might try to fix his image, but we'll always remember the things he did.

Sally are you a secret PTB? (lol)

I'm not the right Sally, but THIS Sally, if she were a PTB, would NEVER have had PS even exist, and Sam would have resigned her commission in the fifth season, and her and Jack would just be celebrating their second anniversary, with Sam telling Jack that she's expecting. Sam would work the labs exclusively, and once in a while -missions that we 'see'- she'd join the team for a mission. Couldn't get any shippier than that!

Sally
    Last edited by majorsal; 12 May 2004, 09:19 PM. Reason: stupidity
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      Spoilers for New Order

Thing is, the spoilers for New Order, and the stuff relating to Sam torture was the ONLY ep I was excited about seeing. Sam's my fave, so... but seeing as PS is going to be in it... it seems like Sam's not the only one being tortured in this ep.

Sally
      Yes I know, I'm severly disapointed... I was SO looking forward to New Order, now I'm not so sure

I wanted at least one episode that was about space and aliens this year and it looks like even that episode is going to involve personal lives and angst.
      Last edited by bcmilco; 12 May 2004, 09:31 PM.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        Am I alone in this? Does anyone agree with me?
        No you're not alone, I don't want Pete dead either. I just want him to go back to Denver and stay there.
        ~BCM =)

Comment

[snip] But does anyone else find the "Die, Pete, Die!" sentiments to be a little much. I don't really want to see Pete again and I most certainly don't want him to end up with Sam but I don't want to see him die a horrible death either. Am I alone in this? Does anyone agree with me?
          I think people are using this thread to vent and would never say these things out loud amongst the general public. I want DDL to work (elsewhere), I even want Pete to be happy (with someone else), but the frustration and passion can get the better of me at times, I get frothy and have an outburst. But after I've let off that steam, I calm down and I'm reasonable again (?) I don't want Pete to die literally, just figuratively. As in, figure a way to get him off the show ASAP!

sistah steph

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
            Season 8

<snipped>

..the only thing that bugs me is that Fifth thinks Pete means enough to her for HIM to be the one who will have the most influence in her sub-conscious mind. Not that I would want the image of Jack to be torturing her, but...I don't know what I mean. Do you know what I mean?

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I didn't think of it that way until you mentioned it. But.... (quoting part of the spoilers) "He uses his abilities to interface with her mind and impersonate Pete, trying to convince Sam that she is living on a farm in Montana with him after having resigned from the S.G.C." Now, can you imagine anything more torturous than living with PS on a farm in Montana? Not that farm living and Montana are bad, it's just *so* different and DULL to what Sam's used to. So, you have to wonder, did Fifth pull that scenario out of Sam's own head because of her true feelings for PS? PS might be the nice, I'm settling kind of guy -ignoring the following, check ups, and almost getting her killed parts of course. But if this is from Fifth's imagination, then you still have to wonder why he'd picked farming and Montana?... another kind of torture? Either way, this scenario of retiring for PS and ending up with this life isn't all that inviting to me.

Sally

ps - This is my following disclaimer: farming, farmers, and Montana are NOT dull or boring. No offense meant.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler Space New Order s8
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;

Originally posted by majorsal
              But.... (quoting part of the spoilers) "He uses his abilities to interface with her mind and impersonate Pete, trying to convince Sam that she is living on a farm in Montana with him after having resigned from the S.G.C." Now, can you imagine anything more torturous than living with PS on a farm in Montana?
              [snip]
              But if this is from Fifth's imagination, then you still have to wonder why he'd picked farming and Montana?... another kind of torture?
              This is one possible way of doing this situation:

The idea of Montana is actually Pete's idea expressed to Sam before she went on the mission and 5th is using what Pete said to creat the situation -- I would guess that Sam would be opposed to the idea (she is an adrenaline junkie), and her failure to buy into her own happiness in such a situation eventually leads to 5th's inability to control her and get the info that he wants.

Thus allowing SG-1 to, again, saves the day.

ps - This is my following disclaimer: farming, farmers, and Montana are NOT dull or boring. No offense meant.
              I think farming, and Montana would be dull, but that's just MHO
              ~BCM =)

Comment

Can I just take a moment to go off on a little rant here? And I want to make it clear that I'm not posting as a mod but merely expressing a pet peeve of mine.

I just want to say that I find the recent more and more violent posts toward Pete somewhat disturbing. And I'm not targeting this thread I'm just posting here because I know that everyone here is not particularly fond of Pete, including myself. But does anyone else find the "Die, Pete, Die!" sentiments to be a little much. I don't really want to see Pete again and I most certainly don't want him to end up with Sam but I don't want to see him die a horrible death either. Am I alone in this? Does anyone agree with me?
                Well Ship Mum....I think we may chant something from time to time about *MASHING* him...but I personally don't want him to *DIE*...So I agree with you!! I just want him to slink off cause Sam has determined that Jack is the better man
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by SalR323
                  LOLOL! I really wish I was a PTB!!

(edited)

Sally R.

All I wanted to say is --

(((((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))))))))

Glad to see you in the happy S/J haven! Well, maybe not 'that' happy after those spoilers, but we're a really fun and open group here... and you'll fit in just fine. Stay, Sal!

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                    I think people are using this thread to vent and would never say these things out loud amongst the general public. I want DDL to work (elsewhere), I even want Pete to be happy (with someone else), but the frustration and passion can get the better of me at times, I get frothy and have an outburst. But after I've let off that steam, I calm down and I'm reasonable again (?) I don't want Pete to die literally, just figuratively. As in, figure a way to get him off the show ASAP!

sistah steph
                    I find the really violent posts to be disturbing no matter where they are posted but I certainly understand that this is a thread for people to vent freely about Pete in a place where they can find support and I repect that. But it's in the general threads too. Like I said I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular just expressing my general dissatisfaction at the anger that seems to be more and more prevalent lately. It's causing the rift between the different groups in the fandom to become wider and wider and I worry that it will get to the point where it will be almost impossible to have a civil conversation between groups with a flame war erupting.

And I have to say that I do feel sorry for DDL. I don't care for the Pete character and don't really want to see him again but I really hope that he doesn't catch sight of the more um...creative posts regarding Pete. Constructive criticism is one thing and out and out vitrol is another. Again JMO.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                      I rather see the loose ends tyied up in Season 8 than maybe see sg-1 movies or miniseries.

I'd like those loose ends tidied up too, seeing as we're not sure there's going to 'be' a movie. Tie up Sam and Jack together -marriage or literally- and then 'if' you do a movie, pull them off each other and back onto the team again. There, I've solved all the problems.

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        i'm scared..... ...... hold me!

((((stargate barbie))))

Take my JackClone -Tame reattached his head- and relieve some stress. When you're done, send him SamClone's way. Wait, forget that... SamClone's the one that made JackClone's ***** fall off. I've really got to stop lending out my JackClone if everyone's going to abuse the poor sweetie. Not that *I've* done anything to him in my weekend long binges on....

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by auralan

After all the interviews, I get the impression he's supposed to be the nice guy who represents a normal life. Somebody who'd give them an opportunity to explore some Sam's relationship issues and prolong the misery, but ultimately not be what she wants. Since the character didn't play as originally intended, they don't even seem to be playing it warm and fuzzy early. They're still using him as the detour they intended, but very carefully. If he keeps recurring in a purely professional capacity as cop with knowledge of the program, I'm willing to be open-minded about it. It could be harmless.

I'm actually c/ping this response from someone responding to you in another thread, because what I'm about to say didn't come to mind unti the second time I'd read this. Did that make sense? Anyhoo, I still have to ask this question: why make PS the way they did, if they weren't going to do something 'more' with him than him being Sam's simple bf? Okay, the cop stuff, but they 'still' didn't need to make him follow her and check up on her and intrude on the stakeout. They could have come up with something where PS 'accidently' was involved in the situation with Osiris at Daniel's or something, so that he'd come off as a victim instead of the victimizer. It's hard to dismiss his shenanigans when it would have been so simple to 'not' have him do any of this and still be Sam's bf. With the way Chernobyl and PS were written, how could the writers 'not' have known he'd come off so bad???

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Catysg1]Emilee.

I 'm not too happy about those spoilers either but then at least we have Sam and living together in a unreal world in a way .If it's all in her mind cuz he tempered with it ....this at least we know it won't be real .I just wonder why they want to use Pete instead of Jack for something like that cuz this will be a good opportunity to see sam and Jack together ..

Boy Fifth knows how to torture Sam. On a farm? No science, no technology no naquadda reactor, no fishing?? <g> Also is it Jack who comes to rescue her ? I do hope so because that would be shippy on several levels;that he is rescuing her from torture, that he is rescuing her from torture that he set in motion when he ordered her to betray Fifth, that he is rescuing her from 'Pete'

erika

Comment

Originally posted by Emilee108
                              So if they RDA left, and they kill the S/J relationship...then I'm sorry, but I'm done. As much as I love all the other characters, I just can't see the show as a success without him or ship.

~*~Emilee~*~

First off...

((((((((((((((((Emilee)))))))))))))))))

I figured you needed that hug from earlier.

Now, if RDA left and they 'didn't' kill off the S/J ship.... then the show goes on without Jack , but Sam and Jack would be together in happiness and love and hot monkey sex on the livingroom floor and.... where was I??? The only way I'd be interested in a season 9 without RDA/Jack is if they brought Sam and Jack together at the end of season 8. Period. No debates. No deposit, no return. No more clichés.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                                Thanks Marimba for that sweet welcome home. You are right I have been too quiet too long. I am so upset with the latest news.

<huge, honkin' snippage>

Hey you guys, my blood pressure is calming down, the shakes are gone, I didn't die from the news.....yet!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((nickatell))))))))))))))))))))

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X