This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    No Offense but just because AT wants a boyfriend for Sam the shippers have to suffer.I guess the regs have not been bad enough we need a boyfriend for Sam.RDA mentioned in TV Zone he wanted to do a follow up to 100days and that never happened.The last time I checked RDA was a producer.I think AT is great and she has every right to express her wishes but what about RDA?
    TPTB should incorporate that --here's a scenario post 100 Days...How about Laira got pregnant right before he left (remember, she patted her lower stomach as she watched him leave). Then, Off World Stargate activation.. it's someone from Edora, letting Jack know that Laira's been taken by the Goauld --supposedly WITH HIS CHILD?!! Jack kicks into rescue mode. Right about now, Sam is feeling pangs of jealousy. Total angst, regret, and questioning her (obviously faulty when it comes to men) decision making abilities.

Of course, J/S HAVE to end up together, or it just wouldn't be right. Maybe Sam needs to experience the envy and disappointment that Jack's been feeling to understand who her heart really seeks...Have to say, when I opened up the forum and saw the header about , got a pounding in my head, blood rushed to my face, stomach twisted up into knots....I'm going to send TPTB a bill for any medical emergencies arising from their plotlines in S8

Comment

Originally posted by SalR323
      LOLOL! I really wish I was a PTB!! Sadly not, but I'm hoping that Pete will serve the same function as Joe in Moving On or Matt in Future Imperfect - I do like that kind of angst. But only when I know it's going to have the right ending!

I can just tell I'll be biting my nails until the final episode of S8, and then when (hopefully) Sam and Jack are safely together I'll be able to go back and really enjoy the Pete-induced angst!

Thanks for the nice comments about my stories You guys are very kind!

Sally R.
      I have read both Moving On and Future Imperfect, and they were both absolutely fantastic. I could not put them down. I was hooked, engaged, and immersed. I wasn't sure whether or not I would enjoy them because Sam and Jack weren't together, but I loved them. You are an AWESOME author!! There are no words that can completely express my gratitude to you for sharing your amazing talent with me. Thank you.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
        Okay then! I'm back in your camp...I'm so wishy-washy. If Sam is shown as simply satisfied in her life with Pete, but not happy, that would re-emphasize what her dad said to her. She would have settled, but not in the way she originally interpreted the conversation in "Grace" (with Pete, not Jack). She would not be truly happy as she thought letting go of Jack would make her. Am I getting it now?

I think most shippers want to see Sam and Jack as the one and only true love of each other. Having a bf or gf for either one takes away from that fantasy because we then see that they can be loving with someone else. It goes against how we want to see them. It's not written that way on the show, but in our hearts, that's the way it is. Even if PS was played as the nicest guy in all the galaxy... we'd still not want him with Sam. Period.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          or maybe they're trying to scare the pants off of us! or lull us into a big giant sense of insecurity.

i'm scared..... ...... hold me!
          ((((((((((stargate barbie))))))))))

I'm scared, too. TPTB are torturing Sam and US with . Why? Why? Why?

sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
            Season 8 spoilers below:
            I'm just gonna step back and look at the bigger picture for a minute.

auralan - I am not going to quote all of your post to save board space (page 13 for those of you who want to go back to ti). But seriously, I love you.

I have gotten the impression that someone in TPTB really do not understand the characters who are interested in Carter or have been created as Carter possible love-interests are just plain creepy. Maybe someone thinks that stalker, overly controlling behavior is endearing? Martouf has been the only one without this little personality quirk.

anyway, thanks for the great perspective - I have a much better attitude about the JM interview.

Sherrilyn

Comment

What irks me is....What does have to do with the SGC?! Nothing. What does have to do with the Stargate, the off-world missions, the saving the universe, the help the aliens action when seeing Sam and . Nothing. All the other men interested in Sam (Martouf, Joe, McKay, Naarim, Hanson, Agent Barrett) were part of the SciFi storylines. I personally would not be AS bothered if the love interests of any of SG-1 didn't take away from the SciFi that is Stargate SG-1.

Of course, I want Sam and Jack together, and I think they could have used a different type of character if TPTB needed a plot device IMO.

Token ~

Comment

Thanks Marimba for that sweet welcome home. You are right I have been too quiet too long. I am so upset with the latest news.

I know my mind tells me that Petes presence will bring Jack and Sam together and that things will be good. My heart on the other hand is completely broken. You know we have spent 7 years hoping, longing, and probably praying that Sam and Jack would get together. In the beginning we were probably hoping for everything the romance, the marriage, the kids but somewhere around season five we started settling for a long passionate kiss, a conversation heck even a darn hand holding; but no what do we get Pit. Heck we would have even settled for alternate reality romance scenes or AV bedroom scenes so we could pretend it was the real Sam and Jack, how pathetic is that? But we would have been happy. Then we also find out way back when that in BTS Jack and Sam could have been in a relationship but, oh my goodness, I think they may have kissed once in 22 episodes we don't want to overdue anything. Now we get those great pictures of DK where Sam and Jack are kissing but oh my goodness in 7 years they have kissed two times, we better slow down. Okay lets put this together in 7 years, which is roughly what 154 episodes we have 3 kisses (which all together I don't think they lasted l minute), 2 head on shoulders, 2 hugs, and of course we can't forget the 1 hand holding, if TPTB continue this they are just going to spoil us...not. TPTB put the Jack and Sam storyline out there for us shippers to grab, we do and this is the thanks we get...Pit. First TPTB tell us its the regs (and still is), Jack and Sam could save the planet how many times but those pesky regs ,but does that stop us shippers, no we still hold on with plenty of hope. So, TPTB come up with confusion, Sam and Jack are the best of the best at strategic military confrontations but put a thing like a relationship confrontation in front of them and they have no idea what to do next, but does this stop us shippers, no we analyze, then rationalize, and then we accept them for who they are. So, now TPTB give us Pit...do you guys see a pattern forming here. All I want to say (and will write again) is enough is enough we have been there for you guys for 7 years and there is a great, great many of us out there. If this is going to be our last season ,especially if it is RDA's last season, what the heck are you guys doing? We shippers deserve some Jack and Sam quality time. There I said it deserve. I don't want to suffer through 19 episodes of on again, off again Pit so that miraculously in the last what 10 minutes the regs disappear, suddenly the confusion cloud above Jack and Sam clears, and oh yes Pit, well I think a shipper took care of him back in episode 10 she just couldn't stand it anymore, and we are left with Jack and Sam getting their first real kiss in 8 years. A kiss would be nice say if the show ended at Season 2, this is Season 8 we want better and more passion for Jack and Sam.

Hey you guys, my blood pressure is calming down, the shakes are gone, I didn't die from the news.....yet!!!!!

Comment

Preach Nickatell!!! Amen! Where's my postcard? I'm going to copy this down and send it to Canada!

Comment

Nickatell.........................I think I LOVE you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in a platonic non-ship TPTB kind of way)

I think you just voiced the frustration of many of us!!!! Thank you!!!!
                    Couldn't have said it better AND I am trying REAL hard to stay positive...breathe.....ooommmm chant...chant...oooooooommmmm

My hat is off to you
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Emilee108
                      Spoilers for Season 8 New Order/Affinity and PS
                      I just saw this off of the Gateworld home page..and I think I'm going to be sick!

(snipped spoilers 'cause I read 'em already)

Ahhh! my stomach is in knots right now...someone help me because I have no idea what to think about this. We have to see P multiple times??? Someone shoot me! What are TPTB thinking?? Someone please shed some light on this, because I just can't think right now.

~*~Emilee~*~

I don't know what to think yet. Info overload. Emotion overload? I kinda saw this coming, but... I don't know what to think yet. I just don't want to be tortured -like Sam will be- with Sam/PS ship. I'll get back to you on this when I can think this through some more. What I do know NOW, though, is our dreams of PS being in ONE ep, and that ep being 'you're gone, boy!', is officially gone as well. Time to regroup, rethink, and reconsider. In other words, adapt.

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                        Thanks Marimba for that sweet welcome home. You are right I have been too quiet too long. I am so upset with the latest news.

I know my mind tells me that Petes presence will bring Jack and Sam together and that things will be good. My heart on the other hand is completely broken. You know we have spent 7 years hoping, longing, and probably praying that Sam and Jack would get together. In the beginning we were probably hoping for everything the romance, the marriage, the kids but somewhere around season five we started settling for a long passionate kiss, a conversation heck even a darn hand holding; but no what do we get Pit. Heck we would have even settled for alternate reality romance scenes or AV bedroom scenes so we could pretend it was the real Sam and Jack, how pathetic is that? But we would have been happy. Then we also find out way back when that in BTS Jack and Sam could have been in a relationship but, oh my goodness, I think they may have kissed once in 22 episodes we don't want to overdue anything. Now we get those great pictures of DK where Sam and Jack are kissing but oh my goodness in 7 years they have kissed two times, we better slow down. Okay lets put this together in 7 years, which is roughly what 154 episodes we have 3 kisses (which all together I don't think they lasted l minute), 2 head on shoulders, 2 hugs, and of course we can't forget the 1 hand holding, if TPTB continue this they are just going to spoil us...not. TPTB put the Jack and Sam storyline out there for us shippers to grab, we do and this is the thanks we get...Pit. First TPTB tell us its the regs (and still is), Jack and Sam could save the planet how many times but those pesky regs ,but does that stop us shippers, no we still hold on with plenty of hope. So, TPTB come up with confusion, Sam and Jack are the best of the best at strategic military confrontations but put a thing like a relationship confrontation in front of them and they have no idea what to do next, but does this stop us shippers, no we analyze, then rationalize, and then we accept them for who they are. So, now TPTB give us Pit...do you guys see a pattern forming here. All I want to say (and will write again) is enough is enough we have been there for you guys for 7 years and there is a great, great many of us out there. If this is going to be our last season ,especially if it is RDA's last season, what the heck are you guys doing? We shippers deserve some Jack and Sam quality time. There I said it deserve. I don't want to suffer through 19 episodes of on again, off again Pit so that miraculously in the last what 10 minutes the regs disappear, suddenly the confusion cloud above Jack and Sam clears, and oh yes Pit, well I think a shipper took care of him back in episode 10 she just couldn't stand it anymore, and we are left with Jack and Sam getting their first real kiss in 8 years. A kiss would be nice say if the show ended at Season 2, this is Season 8 we want better and more passion for Jack and Sam.

Hey you guys, my blood pressure is calming down, the shakes are gone, I didn't die from the news.....yet!!!!!
                        See, this is why I missed you! Because you just SAID what a lot of us are THINKING!!! THAT'S IT!!! I WANT PASSION!!! I want love NOT "DEUS EX MACHINA"! I don't want a quick thrown together ending! That would feel false!!!

Time to bring back our motto!

SCREW THE REGS!!!!!! DOWN WITH PIT!!!!!! SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!
                        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

A joke said on The West Wing tonight really resonated with me:

The pessamist said, 'it can't get any worse.' The optimist replied, 'oh, yes it can.'

Every time I calm down after hearing a spoiler, another one comes out and drives me crazy again. I'm with Nana, can't they leak something good that has to do with S/J, just to settle our shipper nerves a little. I can't believe I'm saying that because I generally like to be kept in the dark about what will happen on my fav shows, but it is so hard to resist on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                            He's Torturing Sam using Pete.
                            'Trying to convience' In other words she's not buying it or it's not making her happy enought to let down her gaurd.

My guess, step one on the road to Jack.

Honestly I don't think it will be 'as' hard to watch as everyone thinks because we'll *know* that it's not real, so whatever happens it's all an illusion created by the replicators to hurt Sam.
                            Spoilers for New Order

Thing is, the spoilers for New Order, and the stuff relating to Sam torture was the ONLY ep I was excited about seeing. Sam's my fave, so... but seeing as PS is going to be in it... it seems like Sam's not the only one being tortured in this ep.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

All I know is I started watching this show because of RDA, he has the best sense of humor, the biggest heart and he is great looking. His character completely pulled me into Stargate and I haven't left yet. I have come to love the other characters, but their stand alone stores don't do it for me, so if this is RDA's last year, alas it is mine as well. I have to say with how much I have invested in Stargate I am really not even interested in Atlantis. It would be like watching Stargate with a different SG team going out instead of SG-1 to me. That's just me I know others are excited about it and I am happy for them. If Stargate does go for Season Nine with RDA even with his limited schedule I am there for him.

Comment

Can I just take a moment to go off on a little rant here? And I want to make it clear that I'm not posting as a mod but merely expressing a pet peeve of mine.

I just want to say that I find the recent more and more violent posts toward Pete somewhat disturbing. And I'm not targeting this thread I'm just posting here because I know that everyone here is not particularly fond of Pete, including myself. But does anyone else find the "Die, Pete, Die!" sentiments to be a little much. I don't really want to see Pete again and I most certainly don't want him to end up with Sam but I don't want to see him die a horrible death either. Am I alone in this? Does anyone agree with me?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X