This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    I'M SO SORRY! just concentrate on the first quote and i think we can all get through this. fleeting dream of love. fleeting.

i gotta say though when i heard him say next logical step, i laughed and said; " yeah! she dumps the chump!" i only hope thats what they meant too. none of the crappy potato wedding crap.
    Wait a minute! There is ONE 'crappy potato' marriage that I could stomach...

If I recall correctly, the 'Kinsey and P. pairing' was a topic of discussion for a while in the first thread. Just thought I'd offer a reminder (and perhaps help lend some relief? from your semi-depressing commentary report). The latest (and most likely last) in the Potato Collection:

Hmmm, it seems Mr. P. had a make-over!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      Spoilers Season 8

<snipped>

If they are going to have Pete still be involved with Sam for the first half of the season then it's an excellent opportunity for more team episodes and to give Daniel and Teal'c some good storylines and bring back more of the Jack/Daniel friendship that was sorely lacking in the last half of season 7 instead of these shippy moments with Sam and Jack that we know can lead abso-friggin-lutely nowhere while Pete is in the picture.

BUT, if they take away the S/J shippy interaction, then what will the shippers have? Sam and PS ship only? That's it? I can't live with that. The S/J shippy interaction IS leading somewhere; to the end of their 8 year long journey of self discovery and undying love. PS has helped to open Sam's heart up... and now it'll be ready for a *real* relationship with Jack. Please don't take away our Sam/Jack shippy interaction.

Sally

ps - Even if PS wasn't in the picture, Sam and Jack 'still' couldn't be together because of the regs. Talk, make decisions, make changes, get together. In that order.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco

<big snippage>

I like that as long as they have one scene in New Order as a nod to the fact that they are going to deal with all this.... sh--stuff ... in the second half of the season.

... I'm glad some of you don't write for the show, because I think we'd get NO S/J ship right now! PS is here, for however long he's slated to torture us. Shippers getting S/J ship on top of that is a WONDERFUL BONUS NOT TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED AND COMPLAINED ABOUT... but that's just me.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I agree with you for the most part, my one complaint is that it could have been toned down a little, not removed just toned down. Not place so much emphasis on the "moments", not make them so long, not change the lighting

Okay, Brian, I'm taking some of those shipper cookies from you. Tone down ship? Not so much emphasis on 'moment's? No shippy lighting?.... I'm afraid. Very afraid.

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            ... I'm glad some of you don't write for the show, because I think we'd get NO S/J ship right now! PS is here, for however long he's slated to torture us. Shippers getting S/J ship on top of that is a WONDERFUL BONUS NOT TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED AND COMPLAINED ABOUT... but that's just me.
            But if it makes a beloved character look really bad shouldn't we complain?

Besides I didn't say I wanted to see Pete in every episode...

All I meant was if she's going to be with Pete for the first half of s8 then she shouldn't be acting as more then a (confused) friend when she's around Jack.

IMO that would be like seeing scenes like... The Jello Scene from Proving Ground... or the Wormhole explination scene in Matter of Time or just about any pre-D&C scene where it isn't all angsty long looks... but rather their comfortable friendship.

IMO two or three scenes like that would be worth 20 Angsty long looks. I'M getting tired of angsty look looks. I'd like comfortable friendship until they can be more. So
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Tone down ship? Not so much emphasis on 'moment's? No shippy lighting?.... I'm afraid. Very afraid.
              Yes tone down... Do RDA and AT really need 'special lighting' and long drawn out moments to show they have chemistry? Hell no. They ooze chemistry and I think if they didn't do the mood lighting and the other crap it would stand on its own beautifly plus I think that the slightly more subtle moments are the best... Look at The Jello scene from Proving Ground no speical lighting no 'mood' enhancement and it's one of their best moments IMO. So yes toned down

*steals back shipper cookies*
              ~BCM =)

Comment

Uh oh Ship Daddy I think the shiplets are turning on us.

To Sally:

We got A LOT of ship in the latter half of season 7. I like ship but it shouldn't be the whole show. It's pretty apparent that when the show focuses heavily on ship that other aspects of the show that I enjoy suffer. I am also a team fan and a Jack/Daniel friendship fan and with RDA's reduced schedule it seems that the writers are incapable of writing ship without putting everything else on the back burner. We got a lot last season. More so than any other season combined in my opinion so, yes, if they're going to have Sam with Pete for the first balf of season 8 I am more than content to put the ship back on the subtle level of seasons past so that other aspects of the show and other characters can get their turn in the spotlight.

I have always been one of those shippers that didn't really want ship to take over the show. I've never really wanted them together until the very end and I'm content to wait. I wish they hadn't thrown Pete into the mix because he's obviously just the token boyfriend and I don't think it's necessary to the show but that's what they have chosen to done and I don't really care to see Sam being blatantly in love with Jack while considering a future with Pete. I respect that others aren't content with subtle ship and want overt ship, Pete and regs regardless, but that's not what I want.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                  Spoilers for season 8 though Affinity below.

I'd be very concerned if we weren't getting anything but warm and fuzzy Pete spoilers. That's just not what we're seeing. Sure, he's there and the relationship is progressing to the point where they're starting to think long term (which is what I see as the logical step part referenced above), but it's not smooth sailing. More importantly, the Sam/Jack interaction is also front and center while she's doubting her future with Pete. Sam/Jack isn't being swept under the rug and forgotten. That's the good news. It's still part of the story.

Yes, that IS good news! That's why I think that S/P AND S/J ship can coexist. And this next logical step doesn't necessarily mean deeper future planning on 'their' parts. Seeing as what PS 'did' in Chimera, the next logical step could be Sam thinking about his actions and making some decisions for her own. She's already questioning 'her' future, so maybe she's thinking about whether PS is worth being a part of it. Remember her convo with Daniel and Teal'c where she's talking about romantic ideals and such. She's obviously seeing things in a more clear light. Good!

It really feels to me like they have a story arc planned out here to drag the tension through the season and I don't see it ending Sam/Pete.

Me either. I wanted PS gone in the first ep , but it looks like the cop's staying for a while. *yawns* Yay, I'm.... *yawns again* so happy.

Sam's trying out the life thing and, as the definition of Chimera implies (and the commentary says), it's just not what she'd imagined it would be. She's not escaping the career/personal life catch 22 with Pete. She's finally realizing that to have that life/family she thought she wanted, there are sacrifices that have to be made no matter who she chooses. And, even better for us, a Chimera is definitionally doomed. She's gonna wake up from that dream eventually.

Seems like she's waking up already, reading that dialog she had with Daniel and Teal'c. Sam, wake up, the guy's only a concussion-induced hallucination to happiness!

I don't particularly appreciate that they're doing it this way, but it's a heck of a lot better than if they suddenly developed Sam/Jack ship amnesia.

Yes! And better than dropping S/J until Sam gets out of S/P... I can't imagine surviving on, what, blank space, until the end. Ooh, I'm getting snarky. Sorry shippers.

As it is, I may not like the path they've taken, but I'm not worried about the destination.

The path is definitely resembling the twilight zone, but I can take a tortured road better with sugar (S/J ship) than with straight vinegar. Guess what the vinegar is?

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

*sigh* Teenagers!

I don't really care to see Sam being blatantly in love with Jack while considering a future with Pete.
                    The thing that bothers me the most about having Angst-Shippy moments with Jack while she's seeing Pete is that it makes it look like Sam's using Pete for sex.

She hasn't gotten any in 7 years and she can't have Jack so she'll just use Pete until Jack's available... I know -- or at least I hope that's not what's going on, but that's the way it seems to me, and I don't want it to seem like that.

And the only way it won't seem like she's using Pete is if she isn't having lots of Angst-Shippy moments with Jack IMO.

And yes I know some of you are thinking so what if she uses Pete he's just a _________ (fill in your favorite insult), but the Sam I know wouldn't use anyone for any reason and I'd rather not see her start.
                    ~BCM =)

Comment

But if it makes a beloved character look really bad shouldn't we complain?

But how's it making Sam look bad? I'm assuming you're referring to Sam? She can't care romantically for more than one man at the same time? Even if she cares deeply for PS now, she can't feel as deeply for him as she does for Jack. Jack's got 7 years head start on PS's influence on Sam's heart. And she's 'still' not sure of Jack's true feelings. Love, yes. 'In' love??? She doesn't know.

All I meant was if she's going to be with Pete for the first half of s8 then she shouldn't be acting as more then a (confused) friend when she's around Jack.

Answer me this, Brian. If you had been writing for Stargate in the last half of S7, would you have kept out the shoulder leaning scene in Death Knell, the hug in Heroes 2, the 'almost' confessions in LC 1 and 2, the 'Jack, please' scene in LC 2, and the hand on the ice scene in LC 2? To me, those were very big shippy scenes that I'd hate to have been without. Would you have left them out, or toned them down? I'm asking because there's a chance we'll be getting some more of those ship intense moments in the first half of S8, so... would you leave them out if you were a writer? I'm not trying to criticize or challenge you, but your 'either/or' approach means that we wouldn't have gotten some of THE best S/J ship scenes I've ever seen.

IMO that would be like seeing scenes like... The Jello Scene from Proving Ground... or the Wormhole explination scene in Matter of Time or just about any pre-D&C scene where it isn't all angsty long looks... but rather their comfortable friendship.

I understand where you're coming from, Brian, but... I still can't forget what we've gotten since Chimera. I'd rather turn the show off than be without those lovely and intense S/J scenes that we've gotten from Chimera on. And don't forget that Sam's still going through something, and even though she might be figuring out PS's lackings, it doesn't mean that she can suddenly shack up with Jack. I know for a fact that you can care about more than one man at the same time. Those shippy scenes from Death Knell on are NOT her cheating on PS -that almost made me gag saying that- but... it's like Sam's brain is running a scan disk and defrag. She's clearing out all the folders and fragmented files and putting things in order. If PS has any importance at all, it's that he's there to show Sam that it's Jack that she truly wants and needs.

IMO two or three scenes like that would be worth 20 Angsty long looks.

Yeah, if you're only trying to show that they're friends solely. They're not. How would it make any sense if there were no UST between them while she's with PS, then she dumps him and suddenly the UST is back. How would that make any sense, especially for Sam and Jack's relationship?

I'M getting tired of angsty look looks. I'd like comfortable friendship until they can be more. So

If they're comfortable, then how would we know they still have shippy feelings for one another? If PS is still around, I want another S7 type of S/J ship. I can't live through another Chimera, and I can't live through a toned down and strictly friendship type scenario between Sam and Jack till she dumps him. If you can, Brian, I envy you. *SO* much. Sometimes it's not fun being an S/J shipper.

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Yes tone down... Do RDA and AT really need 'special lighting' and long drawn out moments to show they have chemistry? Hell no. They ooze chemistry and I think if they didn't do the mood lighting and the other crap it would stand on its own beautifly plus I think that the slightly more subtle moments are the best... Look at The Jello scene from Proving Ground no speical lighting no 'mood' enhancement and it's one of their best moments IMO. So yes toned down

Brian... I think you've been spending too much time with the anti-shippers. The mood lighting and other sparkly glamour do not make Sam and Jack sizzle. It's just enhancements and effects. I think we're just stuck in this 'too much/not too much' debate. We'll just have to agree to disagree I guess.

*steals back shipper cookies*

You don't have to steal them, I'm giving them back freely. You're still our ship daddy.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

No, not shiplets, just me. It's always just me, which is why I don't spend much time on the other shipper place I used to hang out on.

To Sally:

We got A LOT of ship in the latter half of season 7. I like ship but it shouldn't be the whole show. It's pretty apparent that when the show focuses heavily on ship that other aspects of the show that I enjoy suffer.

It's not apparent to me. If there was any suffering, ship had nothing to do with it. It seems ship's blamed for everything, including Janet's demise.

I am also a team fan and a Jack/Daniel friendship fan and with RDA's reduced schedule it seems that the writers are incapable of writing ship without putting everything else on the back burner.

I saw Jack/Daniel friendship scenes. Not like of the seasons of past, but nothing's like the seasons of past. That's not ship's fault.

More so than any other season combined in my opinion so, yes, if they're going to have Sam with Pete for the first balf of season 8 I am more than content to put the ship back on the subtle level of seasons past so that other aspects of the show and other characters can get their turn in the spotlight.

Not me. If the writers can't juggle more than one relationship at the same time -like they're doing with Sam/Jack and Sam/PS- then it's either the writers' lacking or they're purposely not highlighting a certain relationship. But like I'd said to Brian, if you're content with it, then I envy you. I'm not so blase' about it... I've tried.

I have always been one of those shippers that didn't really want ship to take over the show.

I never expected it to. I've never seen it, not with even the stuff we got in the last half of season 7. And seeing as I want to see Sam and Jack in a full fledged romantic relationship -like three years ago- this IS subtle to me.

I've never really wanted them together until the very end and I'm content to wait.

Envy again.

... but that's what they have chosen to done and I don't really care to see Sam being blatantly in love with Jack while considering a future with Pete. I respect that others aren't content with subtle ship and want overt ship, Pete and regs regardless, but that's not what I want.

And I'll be in my own little shippy world I guess. I was MORE than fine with what they'd showed in the last half of season 7, especially after bf came into the picture. I'll respect your feelings and thoughts on this and ... and I need to stop now because I'm not enjoyig this convo any longer. I feel like I'm not in the right thread anymore.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

2 - #995 from Saharagate

//Hi. My name is Sahara and I have been spoiler free for 10 hours. //

Dang, you beat my record!

//Now if I somebody would just remove this straight jacket I could reach the mouse and click on the season 8 thread........//

Use your feet.

//I could also stop typing with my chin............. //

Look, as soon as you have the shock therapy, you won't 'care' about typing with your chin... okay, you won't be able to do anything but gurgle and jerk, but you won't 'care' that you can't do anything but gurgle and jerk! See, I've really thought this stuff through!
                            But could I still watch Stargate? *Looks at Majorsal fearfully*

Without drooling?

Oh hell, I can't watch it without drooling now

SNIP

3 - #996 from Astronomicalchick

<<Quoting SaharaGate: Hehe. I think you're right.

In fact, as my good friend Jafana pointed out to me last night, apparently the Queer eye for the straight guy handbook >>

//Don't ya just love those Queer Guys???

Are we calling Pete a potato now? Bleah! To Pete//

Oh, man, is that ever a set up for... Okay, send the Queer guys over to see PS... we know how it would turn out... this is just too easy......... I can't do it to our poor, confused Sam..... let PS bite the bullet before he becomes a switch hitter....

//*I will not click* *I will not click* *I will not click*//

Click, you know you wanna...
                            Well that's just nasty. I beat your record so you try to sabotage me!

Well you're too late missy! I already caved!

And I think the Queer guys would make short work of him.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                              But could I still watch Stargate? *Looks at Majorsal fearfully*

Without drooling?

Oh hell, I can't watch it without drooling now

Oh, you can still watch! *pats back* I'll even set up a drool bucket for you, hon.

Well that's just nasty. I beat your record so you try to sabotage me!

I didn't mean it! The shock therapy made me do it!

Well you're too late missy! I already caved!

Shock therapy'll make you do that... and having no will power, but who needs will power when you can have Will Riker!? Oops, wrong show.

And I think the Queer guys would make short work of him.

They'd make something of him alright, but the end result would have PS walking real funny.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey, Brian,

Someone responded again to your/our fic inquiry. She gave a link, but I skimmed through it and I don't think it's the right fic. Here's the link, anyway, for you to check out. I still can't believe we can't find that fic, seeing as I think it's rather recent.

Sally

link for fic: http://www.sgcstargate.com/Connections.html
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X