Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'M SO SORRY! just concentrate on the first quote and i think we can all get through this. fleeting dream of love. fleeting.

i gotta say though when i heard him say next logical step, i laughed and said; " yeah! she dumps the chump!" i only hope thats what they meant too. none of the crappy potato wedding crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      although I'm off on holiday soon ....South of France...with the palm trees and the blue sea.

Caty aka ShipDiva
      Oh please take me, take me, she says jumping up and down. I'll go in your suitcase! Oh and I bring my own cookies!!!
      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        ok kids i got my new dvd today. watched Chimera with the commentary, and i thought SOME people here might be interested to hear a few bits and pieces.

first off, damian kindler gave two definitions for the word one of which involved the following phrase:
        " the fleeting dream of love, that comes in and out of carters life but doesn't stay."
        You said it! Except it was a freaking nightmare!!

BUT! before we get too excited over that one. he also said, during the icky bedroom scene, eeww;
        (vague spoilers for season 8)

"the character of pete will be coming back in season 8. the relationship will take its next logical step".
        Yeah, Easy come, Easy Go!!

BUT! on the funny side of things he did continuously refer to him as a stalker (in a jokey way).
        example:
        "nothing like being stalked by the guy your dating eh? its romantic!. its modern..."
        No kidding!! See even the writers/producers/directors saw it for what it was!!

then in the end when talking about the episode thats in the works for him to come back:
        Hmmmmmmmm, don't want to hear this la la la la la la. Can I take my fingers out of my ears now?!

"the episode is tentatively titled, pete comes back and he's still a really nice guy... and no longer stalks..."
        In my book, once a stalker, ALWAYS a stalker!!!!
        Ship Nana

Comment

I hate the sound of all this. Please don't have him back unless it's so Sam can get rid of him!!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

I hate to say this but Sam is starting to look real shallow by getting all upset about Jack and then staying with Pete.If Sam really loves Jack she should break up with Pete.If Sam loves Pete she needs to tell Jack so Jack can move on.Sam keeps giving Jack mixed signals.I still believe Sam and Jack will end up together but I am losing my patience.If this is the last season TPTB are not treating things like a last season.I also do not understand all the Earth based episodes.The show should no longer be called Stargate Sg-1 if there are so many Earth based episodes.How about calling the show Earth SG-1.Going back to Sam and Pete I would love to see an epiosde where Pete does something to cause Jack to be Hurt.I'am sure TPTB would still have Sam stick with Pete.I think we have as much as a chance at seeing that episode as we do a non-Earth based episode.If the Budget for the show is causing problems it is time to end Stargate after Season 8.

Comment

I'M SO SORRY! just concentrate on the first quote and i think we can all get through this. fleeting dream of love. fleeting.

i gotta say though when i heard him say next logical step, i laughed and said; " yeah! she dumps the chump!" i only hope thats what they meant too. none of the crappy potato wedding crap.
              Well we can only hope THAT is what it will be... but again TPTB have me all worried ONCE again!!!! By saying that will be back AND the relationship will take *the next logical step* AND we all *that* other stuff....(trying not *spoil* so those of you that know what I am talking about you know who you are) from the season 8 teasers well I am just plain worried.

I can sit here until I am blue in the face being positive and thinking positive thoughts BUT if TPTB are gonna keep making comments like that well I just don't know.

SES110 makes some good points as well......If they plan on keeping in the picture then WTF with all the Ship at the end of S7.
              Sam REALLY will look bad if she is STILL persuing a *deeper* relationship with AND making the eyes at Jack. TPRB are doing Sam AND us Ship fans a HUGE disservice if this is how our loyalty to Sam & Jack is repaid in the end.

And just for all you Anti-Shippers that are reading this just to read it- I am sputtering JUST about ship- I will still be happy if TPTB have GREAT TEAM episodes. That always makes me a happy *StarGate fan* But as a * Ship Fan* I will be disappointed. I just want to be sure THAT is clear and the opinions I am voicing are NOT being blanketed as my feelings for the OVERALL show.

Can we tell I am not feeling good
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Spoilers for season 8 though Affinity below.

first off, damian kindler gave two definitions for the word one of which involved the following phrase: "the fleeting dream of love, that comes in and out of carters life but doesn't stay."

BUT! before we get too excited over that one. he also said, during the icky bedroom scene, eeww;

"the character of pete will be coming back in season 8. the relationship will take its next logical step"

BUT! on the funny side of things he did continuously refer to him as a stalker (in a jokey way).
                example: "nothing like being stalked by the guy your dating eh? its romantic!. its modern..."

then in the end when talking about the episode thats in the works for him to come back:
                "the episode is tentatively titled, pete comes back and he's still a really nice guy... and no longer stalks..."
                I'd be very concerned if we weren't getting anything but warm and fuzzy Pete spoilers. That's just not what we're seeing. Sure, he's there and the relationship is progressing to the point where they're starting to think long term (which is what I see as the logical step part referenced above), but it's not smooth sailing. More importantly, the Sam/Jack interaction is also front and center while she's doubting her future with Pete. Sam/Jack isn't being swept under the rug and forgotten. That's the good news. It's still part of the story.

It really feels to me like they have a story arc planned out here to drag the tension through the season and I don't see it ending Sam/Pete. Sam's trying out the life thing and, as the definition of Chimera implies (and the commentary says), it's just not what she'd imagined it would be. She's not escaping the career/personal life catch 22 with Pete. She's finally realizing that to have that life/family she thought she wanted, there are sacrifices that have to be made no matter who she chooses. And, even better for us, a Chimera is definitionally doomed. She's gonna wake up from that dream eventually.

Yes, the eventually bites since it's being dragged out at least through mid-season. There does, however, seem to be some logic to this. Pete seems like he's being used as a plot device/complication to address larger issues they think they can't address directly with Sam and Jack under the current circumstances. Pete's an excuse (and a rather poor one since they really flubbed his introduction if he was supposed to be the nice guy finishing last type instead of the stalker jerk good-riddance type). I don't particularly appreciate that they're doing it this way, but it's a heck of a lot better than if they suddenly developed Sam/Jack ship amnesia.

As it is, I may not like the path they've taken, but I'm not worried about the destination.
                *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Spoilers for Season 7 "Chimera and "Lost City"

Jack risks his life and saves the planet again and Sam is still with Pete.Yeah I can buy that.Not.All the Ship at the end of Season 7 is pointless if TPTB keep hitting the rest button.It looks like Sam has Amnesia until the next time Jack is close to death.There is no way that either Sam or Jack would have let all these close calls go without trying to at least get the regs changed or at least have an adult conversation.Sam and Jack would have went running to Hammond's office to try to get the regs changed.Hammond would have also tried to get the regs changed without Sam or Jack making a request.I would have been shocked if Hammond did not talk to the current President after Lost City 2.I cannot see the president saying no to Hammond.The President would have said yes just to stick it to Kinsey.Jack has been so supportive of Sam seeing Pete but I just cannot see that going on forever.Jack has to be just a little upset that Sam is still with Pete.I wonder what Jack's reaction will be if he finds out about the backround Check.I hope Pete does not end up being NID.The Shippers will never hear the end of it from non-shippers.I want Sam to dump Pete because he is a loser and because she loves Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by auralan

I'd be very concerned if we weren't getting anything but warm and fuzzy Pete spoilers. That's just not what we're seeing. Sure, he's there and the relationship is progressing to the point where they're starting to think long term (which is what I see as the logical step part referenced above), but it's not smooth sailing. More importantly, the Sam/Jack interaction is also front and center while she's doubting her future with Pete. Sam/Jack isn't being swept under the rug and forgotten. That's the good news. It's still part of the story.
                    I am gonna go with you on this because you are making a whole lot more sense to me than TPTB
                    It really feels to me like they have a story arc planned out here to drag the tension through the season and I don't see it ending Sam/Pete. Sam's trying out the life thing and, as the definition of Chimera implies (and the commentary says), it's just not what she'd imagined it would be. She's not escaping the career/personal life catch 22 with Pete. She's finally realizing that to have that life/family she thought she wanted, there are sacrifices that have to be made no matter who she chooses. And, even better for us, a Chimera is definitionally doomed. She's gonna wake up from that dream eventually.
                    Again...Many times I believed this since the airing of this episode...but I guess I am on a rollercoaster...so I am erring on the side of logic and this makes sense to me
                    Yes, the eventually bites since it's being dragged out at least through mid-season. There does, however, seem to be some logic to this. Pete seems like he's being used as a plot device/complication to address larger issues they think they can't address directly with Sam and Jack under the current circumstances. Pete's an excuse (and a rather poor one since they really flubbed his introduction if he was supposed to be the nice guy finishing last type instead of the stalker jerk good-riddance type). I don't particularly appreciate that they're doing it this way, but it's a heck of a lot better than if they suddenly developed Sam/Jack ship amnesia.

As it is, I may not like the path they've taken, but I'm not worried about the destination.
                    This Auralan I think I can say a big AMEN!! to...I think the biggest issue I have is I am just not happy with how TPTB have addressed this whole ball of wax. But as you say its is most definitely better than TPTB suddenly developing amnesia and there is NO S&J ship.

I hate headaches they make me grumpy
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

You have such a nice way with words I think you're right, they originally called the episode Black Widow Carter SO I would assume that they wrote that story line first and then they came up with a title that fit their long-term plans.

Yes, the eventually bites since it's being dragged out at least through mid-season.
                      You can say that again...

There does, however, seem to be some logic to this. Pete seems like he's being used as a plot device/complication to address larger issues they think they can't address directly with Sam and Jack under the current circumstances.
                      Yes and hopefylly it will draw them closer together.

I don't particularly appreciate that they're doing it this way, but it's a heck of a lot better than if they suddenly developed Sam/Jack ship amnesia.
                      Heck yes!

I wish they'd stuck to the main road instead of taking the detour.
                      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

first off, damian kindler gave two definitions for the word one of which involved the following phrase:
                        " the fleeting dream of love, that comes in and out of carters life but doesn't stay."

"the character of pete will be coming back in season 8. the relationship will take its next logical step"

example:
                        "nothing like being stalked by the guy your dating eh? its romantic!. its modern..."

So there ya go. thought i should keep our little shipper comminity informed.
                        Is it just me or did that sound slightly schizophrenic?

I really, really wish the TPTB would make up their minds... this is starting to get a little old.

ok done venting... Next?

Comment

Vague season 8 spoilers below:
                          S
                          P
                          O
                          I
                          L
                          E
                          R
                          S
                          P
                          A
                          C
                          E

Originally posted by bcmilco
                          I wish they'd stuck to the main road instead of taking the detour.
                          I totally agree. It was unnecessary. Since we're on it anyway, I'm trying to look at the bigger picture and not freak out over the length of the detour. We are getting some conversations and interactions I don't think they'd be giving us if it weren't for the detour. It has given them more room to develop their friendship without worrying as much about appearances and an excuse touch on more personal issues. Again, far from ideal, but there is a tiny little bright side in there. And I'd much rather look at the bright side than Pete.
                          *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Vague season 8 spoilers below:
                            S
                            P
                            O
                            I
                            L
                            E
                            R
                            S
                            P
                            A
                            C
                            E
                            [snip ]
                            It has given them more room to develop their friendship without worrying as much about appearances and an excuse touch on more personal issues.
                            Yes, I think this is a key point that should be highlighted.

Without Pete Sam and Jack have steered clear of eachother most of the time because it might look inappropriate... now that she's seeing someone else I think they'll let down their gaurds just that little bit, going back to being friends like they were before D&C, where they were more comfortable because they didn't know how they felt about each other... and yet there will still be the added undercurrents of knowledge and everything that has happened since then...

It may hurt now, but I have a feeling that Pete will actually facilitate the progression of Sam and Jack's relationship.

Again, far from ideal, but there is a tiny little bright side in there. And I'd much rather look at the bright side than Pete.
                            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Spoilers Season 8
                              I'll probably get tons of flak for this and might even get asked to turn in my Shipper membership card, but if they are going to keep Pete around (and it appears he and Sam will be involved at least until episode 8) then I don't think they should still have outright ship between Sam and Jack. It undermines the characters credibility to be involved and even talking about having kids with one guy and still (and I'm going to even borrow an anti-shipper phrase here because that's how strongly I feel about it) be making "googly-eyes" at Jack. I like ship but I don't need romantic drama. I like subtle ship and I don't need Pete as the "romantic foil". It's completely unnecessary. I was perfectly content with subtle ship and the regs as the obstacle they needed to overcome I don't need the token boyfriend too. And that's how I see Pete. I don't for one second believe that they brought Pete in as a legitimate love interest. Not from the interviews and commentaries from various crew.

If they are going to have Pete still be involved with Sam for the first half of the season then it's an excellent opportunity for more team episodes and to give Daniel and Teal'c some good storylines and bring back more of the Jack/Daniel friendship that was sorely lacking in the last half of season 7 instead of these shippy moments with Sam and Jack that we know can lead abso-friggin-lutely nowhere while Pete is in the picture.

(Waiting for BCM to disagree with me)

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

ok kids i got my new dvd today. watched Chimera with the commentary, and i thought SOME people here might be interested to hear a few bits and pieces.

example:

Well, I caved.

Someone went and removed my straight jacket and I couldn't stop my mouse hand from scrolling down the screen....

But I was spoiler-free for about 24 hours! That's pretty good isn't it? And this isn't a MAJOR spoiler...I figure, it's on a DVD...how bad can it be.

Spoilers Season 8 (nothing that wasn't in the quote above)

S
                                S
                                S
                                S
                                S
                                S
                                S
                                S
                                S
                                S
                                S
                                S

Anyway, I'm not panicked about it....I have always believed Pete won't be sticking around....he's just stickier than we thought. And the first part seems to confirm that he won't last. Though it seems there may be more to contend with before his disgraceful exit. Just wish Season 8 had started already so it can put us out of our misery!

Comment

Working...
                                X