X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    I echo BCM ...US??
    You know, it was funny when I said it...
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Eken95
      What thoughts has everyone got on how you would like season 8 to end in shippy terms. I always kind of fancied a wedding with Jack in dress uniform after seeing that great picture in POV but on reflection I think that might be best left to the imagination.
      No wedding...I would be happy if maybe during the closing credits...the flashed up an updated wedding picture, ya know like they do in the movies showing pictures of stuff that supposed happened after the show ends
      I would be happy with Sam to accept a fishing invitation, or better still ask Jack to take her fishing. But somewhere along the line I would like to see them kiss properly, no alternative universe or time loop or fantasy, just Sam and Jack kissing because they want to and because they can

erika
      Definitely Sam Asking Jack!!! and A big YES on the Kiss
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Okay Shipp Daddy it's on again
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Happy
          Hey can I brag?
          I normally just lurk and read (AND completely enjoy) the conversation here. Y'all can be really funny!

Anyway about the bragging....mine was one of the letters quoted on the What you wish for in season eight poll. It is the last one quoted. Does that mean I just barely made it in?

I've been a shipper from the beginning...how could anyone miss all those hints?!?

Glad to have found all y'all.

DebMc Texas
          Big WELCOME DebMc from Texas to our shipper family!

Great to have another southerner around ya'll!
          Ship Nana

Comment

One way to keep up a positive thread is to not be negative in it to anyone else.

what happens on other forums, happens there.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ok i gotta say i'm really pleased that some of the lurkers are coming out of the woodwork.
              jafacakes and sg1happy... you guys in particular have to post more. i'm not gonna lie here, its mainly because... and i cannot stress this point enough. I LOVE your names. LOVE THEM!

mala. that potato head picture with all the disguises, first of all, i loved it. second of all, i KNEW IT!

as for you guys being really funny. yep, gotta agree there, most of you guys can be pretty funny... shippers are great.

and finally, i did go into the anti sam & jack thread and the pro pete thread once, but i got all frustrated with repressing my persistant desire to post my opinions there that i just had to leave and try never to return. it kinda freaked me out. i ran back here like a little sissy! ... i feel safe here

Comment

I'm a shipper, of course, put me on the list. So I just want to say to those anti-shippers worried about SG becoming a soap opera that we already have
                (1) Daniel's Two Lives to Live (2) General Infirmary (3) As the Stargate Turns (4) The Young and the Restless Jaffa (5) The Misguiding Light (6) The Bold and Not So Beautiful Anise (7) Years of our Long Tok-ra and Jaffa Lives (8)All My Alien Children. So why not bring back the "Passions," as "The Passion of Sam and Jack."

Additions or changes are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                  I'm a shipper, of course, put me on the list. So I just want to say to those anti-shippers worried about SG becoming a soap opera that we already have
                  (1) Daniel's Two Lives to Live (2) General Infirmary (3) As the Stargate Turns (4) The Young and the Restless Jaffa (5) The Misguiding Light (6) The Bold and Not So Beautiful Anise (7) Years of our Long Tok-ra and Jaffa Lives (8)All My Alien Children. So why not bring back the "Passions," as "The Passion of Sam and Jack."

Additions or changes are welcome.
                  ok i'm in ireland and don't get any of those shows, but i am aware of most of them.
                  i'm gonna have to go with my version from my side of the world, any brits or irish with any improvements feel free, cos these are gonna suck;

eastgaters, infirmiry(instead of casualty), corronation mountain, fair alien planet (instead of fair city), and if anyone is worried about it becoming a sit com how about, everybody loves sam & jack? or the sam & jack show (instead of the drew carey show) or just ship me?

ok seriously i could go on with this all night so i better stop here and now. i can here you guys groaning and wincing from here.

Comment

HELLO Shipper Family
                    Over at Mom's trying to convert her
                    So far Sci-Fi has cooperated with me beautifully!!!! What better episodes to start off with than Holiday and Window of Opportunity, two touching, sweet and FUNNY episodes. Has allowed me to explain things to her and it has kept her interest AND she got a little Sam & Jack Kiss there WOO HOO....and DON'T THINK I I didn't go WOO HOO out loud when they did kiss I sure as heck did!!

Was gonna show her Andromeda but I figured I will be continuing the SG episodes with Heros 1 so for the hour that Andromeda is on I am going to be
                    1) showing her this thread...so ya'all be good
                    2) Showing her Caty and Marimba's Videos (yes I will be showing her Frozen Caty and The new Chicago one from Marimba, as well as showing her the new drool vid..hehehe)
                    So she is here now and we are off!
                    WOO HOO

Comment

hi tame's mom!

*i'm waving*

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Barbie aka boomoo
                        hi tame's mom!

*i'm waving*
                        Hi
                        Tame's Mom *waving*
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 07 May 2004, 08:08 PM.

Comment

just wanted to say I'm one of those lurkers who is also a Sam/Jack shipper (this is my first post that actually counts!)

I don't want to see too much happen between them during the season but I definately want them to get together at the end

Comment

What thoughts has everyone got on how you would like season 8 to end in shippy terms. I always kind of fancied a wedding with Jack in dress uniform after seeing that great picture in POV but on reflection I think that might be best left to the imagination. I would be happy with Sam to accept a fishing invitation, or better still ask Jack to take her fishing. But somewhere along the line I would like to see them kiss properly, no alternative universe or time loop or fantasy, just Sam and Jack kissing because they want to and because they can

erika

The fishing invite is GREAT, but I also want some romance, like we saw between Sam and PS. It really doesn't seem that much to ask for, seeing as a guy that knew Sam for three weeks tops got full romance scenes and moments with her. Shouldn't a guy she's known and desired for 8 years warrant more than a simple fishing invite? A kiss, a MUST!... but some hand holding and snuggling and faintable scenes of love and passion would also be GREAT. I want that.... *sighs*

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                              ...But even if I wasn't a moderator I would still lurk over in the anti-ship thread because I think it's interesting to read other view points and many times they bring up points that I had never even thought about. I really wish the Ship Discussion thread had taken off. I think it would be better if shippers and anti-shippers actually talked to each other instead of just going to their seperate corners. But again, that's just me.
                              It's not just you. I think polite yet lively discussions benefit everyone, shipper, non-shipper, and anti-shipper alike, especially when some of the positions are so diametrically opposed. Personally I learned a lot from spirited debates, both as an observer and as a participant. It's not so much that one side could persuade the other, because both sides bring up salient points and, for the most part, the different interpretations merely reflect the varying perspectives of the viewers.

The only party that has any power of persuasion is TPTB. I think viewers -- with the exception of the confirmed anti-shippers -- are actually predisposed to 'ship because we seek emotional resonance with the characters and enjoy the actors' on-screen chemistry. Speaking from personal experience, I've always been wary of romance in Star Trek but its latest offering has me seriously reconsider my position. This season of Enterprise made me care about the budding romance between two of its major characters, and I want to see that 'ship develop even when happy ending is nowhere in sight.

I think SG-1 still has a whole season to cultivate the romance between Sam and Jack, a la Majorsal-style upthread , if that is where they want to go (and I suspect it is). However, if all TPTB has to offer is the obligatory -- and cliched -- "happy ending" and fails to show how that it comes about, some of us are bound to have difficulty becoming emotionally invested in the 'ship. And that will be a shame.
                              Last edited by Liebestraume; 07 May 2004, 08:23 PM.
                              In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Just finished Heroes I....

Spoilers S7 Heroes Part 1 & Resurrection
                                What gets me is when Sam is being grilled about her relationship with Jack is that the easiest thing for her to say is that she is dating someone. FCOL if is in the picture she should have said so instead of going on about different interests, "potential", and regulations. She told Agent Barrett real quick that she was seeing someone. That is what is irritating. What are TPTB trying to say?! Until we know what they do with , we are left in confusion.

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X