Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'am willing to try anything.With the Shippers luck Pete would intercept the care packages.I do not understand TPTB of all these shows.What is so hard to write a romance between two characters without changing the hole show.Real life is complicated enough without our TV Shows driving us Crazy.I would have been happy to see Sam and Jack get together and just see a Kiss a Hug or see them eating dinner together every once in a while.I never would expect a hole episode of just Sam and Jack.TPTB cannot even write Sam and Jack together for 5 seconds without complicating things.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
      I'am willing to try anything.With the Shippers luck Pete would intercept the care packages.I do not understand TPTB of all these shows.What is so hard to write a romance between two characters without changing the hole show.Real life is complicated enough without our TV Shows driving us Crazy.I would have been happy to see Sam and Jack get together and just see a Kiss a Hug or see them eating dinner together every once in a while.I never would expect a hole episode of just Sam and Jack.TPTB cannot even write Sam and Jack together for 5 seconds without complicating things.
      I agree with you. In the series "Space 1999" the lead couple were married to each other (both in the programme and in real life!) and it worked perfectly well. In "Farscape", Crighton and Aerin are at it all the time!!!! Must have been eating too many YellowCookies!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
        I always thought that "gossip session" was very important, too. Somehow it made the ship more legtimate. It isn't just in our heads-- and it isn't so subtle, that even the other characters on the show don't notice, beside the obvious. I think it also states an intention on TPTB's part to deal with the ship. I cheered when it was brought up in the Oval Office. That was a very good sign to me.

ship sistah

Yes indeed! But I think more importantly was that the President said

Season Seven Spoilers ahead:
        "Well, they are entitled to their feelings". Very telling!!!!

So does that mean that it is now out in the open that Sam and Jack have "feelings" for each other since other characters are acknowledging it?!!!

It is very reassuring also that they brought the "feelings" thing back up in Season 7. If TPTB wanted to drop the Sam/Jack ship, then why go so far as to have other characters discuss it and even have the President legitimize it?!

mmmmm, I would really like to know!!!
        Ship Nana

Comment

the fact that jack shacked up with laira never bothered me too much from a ship point of view. i just found laira quite irritating. wasn't too fond of the character at all.

i'm not a big fan of angst, when it has a sad ending. but i did like the scenes back on earth where they are trying to get back to edora. i do wish we had seen some of the edorans on earth, and how they were adjusting, but i suppose there wouldn't have been a good, effective way to do that with the small amount of time allowed in episodic television. i love the scenes with sam and her i want him back angst though. and i think those scenes just go to show what a fantastic actress AT really is too.

as for season 6, i didn't really hear many complaints that sam/jack were taking away from any other friendships or pairings or whatever ya wanna call it either. which is strange considering that some of that time could have been used in developing the jonas character. although i do think in season 6 they had a slightly better balance between ship and other aspects. loved the little bits and pieces like those in metamorphosis and forsaken.
          i don't recall hearing too many complaints about paradise lost either, and considering that that was the prime example used in inaguaration to insinuate ship, i find it interesting that people seem to find evolution more offensive than paradise lost.

oh well. maybe i'll understand when i'm older

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            Yes indeed! But I think more importantly was that the President said

Season Seven Spoilers ahead:
            "Well, they are entitled to their feelings". Very telling!!!!

So does that mean that it is now out in the open that Sam and Jack have "feelings" for each other since other characters are acknowledging it?!!!

It is very reassuring also that they brought the "feelings" thing back up in Season 7. If TPTB wanted to drop the Sam/Jack ship, then why go so far as to have other characters discuss it and even have the President legitimize it?!

mmmmm, I would really like to know!!!
            Perhaps this is going to lead up to the President allowing S/J to have the relationship that WE all want.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              TPTB cannot even write Sam and Jack together for 5 seconds without complicating things.
              i'm not sure it's TPTB who are complicating things, i think its everyone else. i still cannot see the problem with evolution in particular. i thought they were nice little scenes that could be interpreted any way ya like. they're friends, they're friends who wish they could be more, they're friends who are concerned for each other but also for their missing friend, they're friends who are concerned for their upcomming missions. whatever!
              but on line it seemed to me that it was totally blown out of proportion. it took up about 1 minute of screen time FCOL. they've devoted more time to the "previously on" bits. what was the big deal? they like each other. so what?

*eats a strange combination of cookies*

#good mor-ning, starshine! the earth says hel-loooo!#

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                Perhaps this is going to lead up to the President allowing S/J to have the relationship that WE all want.
                i had that thought shortly after the episode aired, but the pessimistic monster inside the cookie monster crushed that optimism like ..... like.... well, like something thats easily crushed!

but i hope so.

Comment

Instead of writing in the quotes, after you cut and paste, highlight whatever you want to end up in quotes and then press this button which is on the bottom right of the toolbar when you compose. This will encapsulate whatever you have highlighted into the quote blue box.

Hope that made sense!

Ship Sistah

THANK YOU Sis!!! I think I pretty much ignored everything on that line in the message box & yes, now that I put the mouse over it, it does say "wrap quote tags"
                  OHHHH WELLLLLL!

(Hate to admit in my family, most of the time, we're the type to put it together first, read directions later! Though in this case I surfed around the FAQ's & couldn't find reference to what you said.....)
                  Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 02 June 2004, 04:38 PM. Reason: (to add the last line, fix typo & edit a post for the 1st time!)
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    .Video 39 "Tears of pearls" Savage garden" ...UST and Angsty Sam & Jack video.

I really love that song...I had to do the video plenty of new clips in that one.

Sam and Jack keep all their mixed emotions locked away like stolen pearls .

Enjoy

Click on my sig to access my website.

Caty aka Shipdiva
                    Ok, Ok, another WINNER! In my book anyway!!!!
                    Ship Nana

Comment

I'm a super soldier!!! For ship!

hooray for me,
                      Ship Sistah

Ship Monkey Jumps for Joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        5. jaw hits the ground-

5? Where did 5 come from?

I know, I know!!!! There is always a 5!!!! Heheheheheheheh

I vote for #2.
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Thank you ShipNana ..I had been eating lots of chocolate cookies. to give me all I need.

THAT'S ME on stage with the other nominees watching

Caty aka ShipDiva

You said it!!!!

Noone is better than our Ship Diva, except for maybe Marimba. Those other nominees just don't know what kinda competition that they are up against when you got nominated.
                          Last edited by Shipperahoy; 02 June 2004, 10:00 PM.
                          Ship Nana

Comment

NO news , good news..........AND I love that precious ring Jack gave Sam

Caty aka ShipDiva

Yea, he picked it out all by himself!!! Isn't he romantic?!!!!!
                            Ship Nana

Comment

ship nana. i . love . the monkey.

words cannot express my love of the ship monkey. the monkey is my new leader.
                              maybe he can get sam and jack together! look at 'im jump. aw look at 'im go!

that is quite possibly the best thing i have ever seen in my life. (what? my life sucks )

Comment

So I repost my poll cuz it's been deleted ...

If Jack was barging in the locker room in season 8 ..he forgot it was ladies time ...Sam has just had a shower..wearing just her towel...she hasn't seen him ...She's on her own in the locker room...What do you think Jack would do.?!!!

1-He hides until she drops the towel , smiles , goes away and keeps it a secret.

2-He goes to her and asks her to drop the towel

3-He goes to her and says "We have to talk".

4-He goes away without looking any further.

Caty aka ShipDiva
                                Number 2 - definitely. I bet he could whip it off her in a flash with those trained-killer ninja-esque thumbs of his if she said 'No'. But then I think he'd respect her too much to do that anyway.

But surely she wouldn't say 'No' - would she?

Comment

Working...
                                X