This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis
    Caty, I have no idea how you manage to put together so many videos in such little time. I was watching number 37 a few minutes ago
    Hi Anubis ...

So you are a shipper Sam and Jack too?!!It doesn't take me long to make a video ...a couple of hours...and yesterday was bank holiday in the UK....I was a bit bored early evening so I opened my movie maker and here is "We will dance"

Caty aka Shipdiva

Comment

Yes Caty, I'm a shipper. I just haven't really posted on them so far. I've been reading the past threads, and there a loads. So, time to get involved

Bank holiday week for us! Since I'm still at school
      __

__

Comment

I'm back!

I spent way too long, and stayed up way to late catching up on the last 1000+ posts

Everything has pretty much been discussed but I have a few little things I wanted to respond to before I fall into bed.

From the last thread:

1st -- Yes I noticed. (I'm not going to say anymore)

2nd -- (This was kind of already mentioned but not fleshed out so I thought I'd say it. ) AT has been on stargate for going on 8 years the vast majority of that time has been devoted to convincing us she knows the science she rattles off and saying it in a convincing manner. I think for her having a boyfriend is something very new and very fresh, she doesn't have to know massive amounts of technical stuff to do convicingly, and I think that probably plays into her excitement for the S/P arc. When you've been doing basically the same thing for 8 years a little varity tends to be exciting.

spoilers s8
        3rd -- Can't figure out why Sam would be naked/partly naked in any episode (where she's not sleeping with Jack ) best guess is they're trying to 'sex up' the show however after having to see MS naked I think I deserve a little compensation and I can't think of anyone I'd rather see in a state of undress *cough cough*

Originally posted by majorsal
        ShipDaddy seems to think RL is more important -go figure - but he'll return.
        As much as I enjoy you're company RL is how the bills get paid and the DSL continues to work

ShipDaddy is looking into becoming a pimp.
        sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh! That's supposed to be a secret! If the cops come for me you'd better be paying the bail!

Actually I'm almost that desperate Northern CA is so not the hot bed for Tech Jobs

From what I understand Meth. and other drugs is/are the cash crop for this county maybe I can become a drug dealer?
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
          Yes Caty, I'm a shipper. I just haven't really posted on them so far. I've been reading the past threads, and there a loads. So, time to get involved

Bank holiday week for us! Since I'm still at school

Oh GOOD ..cuz I saw you in other threads but rarely in that one .
          I hope you like my videos and I also hope we'll get more shippy scenes soon so that I can add new scenes to my videos.

Take care

Caty

Comment

I'm certain there will be more scenes throughout season eight, even though there is limits of Jack's appearance. Fingers crossed for more shipping scenes through the entire season
            __

__

Comment

I just have to say that this thread has helped me through a bit of a ship bad patch. I have a bad tendancy to stuble into the wrong threads and then let myself get depressed by the ship or Sam bashing that seems to be going on!!
              I am not disorganised, I have anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                (replying to Liebestraume's post from the thread 3)

And you are so right. I'm having one of my weak stages, so just bear with me.<g>

Agree... but it would be nice to *enjoy* this journey.

I've never taken any ship this seriously, and the only reason I can think of is that fandom -fics, forums, chats, interviews, writing, Q and A's, Cons, fans, spoilers, one-on-ones with the powers, etc- has made my experience in Stargate more personal. All the things I've wanted to happen between Sam and Jack has happened in writing/reading fics. I've talked to the writers. I've met the stars. I've immersed myself totally in this show, so I think that's why I take it all so much more seriously than any other show I've watched. And I think it's also made it all worse. When I didn't like what was happening on Jag, I just quit, period. I can't seem to do it with Stargate. Not saying I want to, but if it gets too painful, I will. Why stay when it's not fun?

Nauseating wouldn't be the word I'd use for me. Heart-breakening would do it. Nothing shown between Sam and PS insulted or offended me at all; just left me with the incredible melancholy that's never really went away. And with his returning next season, I can look forward to more scenes like this. Wippee.

I feel/see it too.

If the only way to get that happy S/J ending is to have to endure seeing Sam with another man in 'romantic' and 'loving' scenes, then no. This entire boyfriend storyline smacks of.... of having no real significance or substance to the S/J happy ending. Yes, with your theories, it makes sense. But we still could have had our happy S/J ending without a bf ever coming into the picture. Her insecurites and doubts weren't brought up 'until' the bf storyline came up. The only reason I feel that the bf was introduced -waaaay before the good character growth for Sam- was because Amanda/writers wanted one. And now we're stuck with it. Will there be S/J shippy/romantic scenes to compensate for the S/P ones? Out of fear of depressing anyone more than my post already has, I'm not going to answer. Yeah, I guess I'm having one of my downer ship days (of many).

Sally
                Sally, I thought I was the only one having all these sad depressing thoughts all the time. That's why I come to this thread, because I know that somebody here will cheer me up.
                C'mere, (((((Sally)))))
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coz
                  I just have to say that this thread has helped me through a bit of a ship bad patch. I have a bad tendancy to stuble into the wrong threads and then let myself get depressed by the ship or Sam bashing that seems to be going on!!

Hi Coz...welcome to the shipper thread and stick to that one ...it's the best...ShipNana's cookies, good discussion, humor..happy people, and Caty and Marimba's videos to keep all of us happy until July.

Oh and is a decoy, don't worry

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Thank you, I feel better already!!!
                    Oh and I do have to say, I love your vids Caty, some of the best out there!!
                    I am not disorganised, I have anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Comment

I really think that all this has to do with TPTB hanging on the the angst too long and then introducing another detour into the mix. If I were the new publicist I would start rethinking my current strategy. If they don't let some good news for Jack and Sam shippers start trickling through the web of spoilers their audience will start dropping like flies. Maybe we are feeding into their hands by discussing Pit so much and bringing so much attention to him, maybe if we ignored him and the episodes that he is in that would speak louder than we ever could. Let it hit them as hard as it did us, except it will hit them in the ratings.

I understand their excitement for change after 7 years staying the same is hard to get excited about, boring, and draining, sound familiar. What do they think we have been doing with the Jack and Sam relationship. We have waited 7 years for them to be together and now what another 7? We want a change for the better, Sam and Jack together!!!!!!!!!!! I hear you Tame, I hear you!!!!!!!!! You too Sally!!! I also agree with you I have invested a lot of time and money into this show for it to go sour now. Honestly I know in my heart that Sam and Jack will be together in the end for all of the reasons that have been stated on this thread, but also like you, I don't know if by the time they do get together if it will be worth it to me. It's kind of like when you are or were in school and in two weeks you are going to have a party, but every day the teacher threatens and threatens to cancel the party if this is not done right, or if you don't behave, etc...so that by the time the party arrives you almost don't feel like going, it just doesn't seem worth it! We have become or are becoming so emotionally drained that by the time they do get Sam and Jack together we will be totally and physically numb.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        ROFLMAO Sally.......I actually went and checked before I replied to this....and looked over at Charles Shaunessy's site. that was nice. I am not LEAVING YIKES I could never LEAVE but I really can't do all the discussions anymore. And I figure GW will get around to *fixing* their mistake soon enough. Although WAY COOL for AT and the Leo award!!
                        I know that soon enough when Season 8 starts we are going to be picking apart once again and there just won't be ANY break from it whatsoever and I REALLY want a break from it from somewhere.

I love this shipper family!!!! It has got to be the most supportive group of people in fandom I have ever seen!!!!

But everyday we are talking about Sam and Pit this and Sam and Pit that. and about every 15-20 posts we have something different for about 2-5 posts then its right back to Sam and Pit this and Sam and Pit that. I don't want to sit here and say DON'T talk about it because that is what people are feeling so ....... I just wanted to say that for me its easier to take a break.
                        I didn't want anyone to wonder like we did with BCM (we know he is doing some stuff and all is well) I just know I end up *more* depressed then I want to be about the whole thing and I am losing some of my enthusiasum for the show on a whole. TPTB ARE TO BLAME for that but maybe taking a step back will help.
                        So don't worry Sally I won't LEAVE just gotta "GET THAT LOVIN' FEELIN'" back

BCM? Who or what is BCM? I've seen that before but my brain just doesn't want to figure out what it stands for. I'm sure I'll go "doh" when I find out. Help???

Comment

.My own request:

Video 38 "I know you by heart" Eva cassidy....beautiful song

Sam knows Jack by heart. He is always in her memory and still beside her everyday.

Tissues handy ..You may need them

Enjoy

Click on my sig to access my website

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

All together, now, sing(to the tune of Edelweiss)

Sam and Jack, Jack and Sam
                            They belong with each other.

Please AT and Powers-that-Be
                            Don't have Sam with another!!!!

Seven long years they've had UST
                            Now's the time for RST.

Stargate's designated lovers.!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                              All together, now, sing(to the tune of Edelweiss)

They belong with each other.

Please AT and Powers-that-Be
                              Don't have Sam with another!!!!

Seven long years they've had UST
                              Now's the time for RST.

Stargate's designated lovers.!

That is great ..and I sing it in tune with you

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Gosh, we are already on the 4th thread. *Yay* to all us shippers .

Caty.
                                I have just caught up on your 3 new videos (I am slow I know ) and they were all great . These videos are really helping me not be depressed about season 8 and what may come, so thank you .

Btw I have some more ideas on songs for your X Files videos and maybe some Sam and Jack ones . Will private message you soon!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Working...
                                X