This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugarshaker
    Help fellow shippers! Sugarshaker needs a hug and a shoulder to cry on.

Spoilers S8/Affinity

Just read the spoiler for Affinity. I know there has been some discussion about this, but I can't catch up on 200 posts right now. Sorry if this has been said ad infinitum, but I'm really upset. This 'I'm seeing Pete' followed by shippy stuff with Jack followed by I'm seeing Pete followed by shippy stuff with Jack.... you get the picture. I can't stand it anymore!

It might not be as bad as it sounds! *pats sugarshaker's back* We knew that boyfriend was going to return. I've read the spoilers on Gateworld and another forum. I've also read the thoughts on someone who has the spoilers in more details -sides I think they're called- and this SHIPPER thinks that Sam's not so happy in her relationship with PS. Here's exactly what she said in post #115:

"Okay, when Sam starts talking about the unfair bit, she's generalizing. She specifically asks if it's fair to get "somebody else" involved in the kinds of lives gate team members live. It's really deeper than Pete. She seems to be trying to figure out if any relationship will be able to fit into her life. Jack brings Pete into it by saying he's a cop and he'd understand. She basically ignores that argument and counters by bringing up the issue of children -- also in a generalized phrasing. It seems like her stressing is about lifestyle more than any individual relationship. She's doubting that she can have the kind of life/relationship she had been wanting post-Grace because of the danger and uncertainty inherent in her job.

It's also worth saying that Jack isn't seeing the problem. Pete's a cop and should understand. Other gate team members have families. He's not letting her use those excuses. It's also still the first half of the episode (ish), so I would guess we eventually get past the excuses to the underlying issues that started this whole contemplation -- whatever that is."

I hope that's helped you feel better, hon? It did me. This ep could really turn out to be quite good for the S/J ship. *crosses fingers*

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      [COLOR=RoyalBlue]And AT sure is a snogging machine. Michael Shanks on the Ressurection set and RDA on almost every set.

If you had these guys to work around everyday, wouldn't you be snogging them every chance you got?! Man... Amanda is SOOOOOOOOO lucky!!!

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
        BTW--TO ALL: I've just posted an updated version of Sacme's scenes with a NEW SCENE!!! Just click on the link below!! WOOHOO!!
        yup, I've written my own version of what I wish would happen with the couple in the season opener. lots of angst. all the new stuff is in the beginning. thanks to Marimba for hosting me!

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

The new sig is up and I once again say how much I love my kid
          (inspired nightmare) who has done an exellent job!!!!

As for the spoilers for "Affinity" I'm taking the ohhh sooo shippy road!!!!
          Cuz if Sam marries "p.i.t. " it will be
          "eeeb daa beee beee thatz all folks" for this viewer.
          IMO Sam needs to wake up from the nightmare that is "p.i.t. "
          and realize that she wants Jack before it's too late,and Jack deserves to have someone who really loves him whether he thinks he deserves it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
            He'd have to be living under a rock not to...LOL

As for why they keep him around, I think I have two words...nepo...tism!

Okay, here's what the writers need to do to make the majority of fans like his character....... wait for it...... MAKE HIM A BAD GUY! No, really; if he were made out to be a truly bad guy, the shippers could feel assured that he'd not take Sam's heart away from Jack. Shippers would stop throwing fruit at him. Anti-shippers wouldn't complain about seeing ship (S/P ship that is), and DDL could be happy that fruit-weilding fans would stop the resentment and could actually start to enjoy his time on screen. All joking aside, I think it would make the most ppl happy, including DDL.

Sally

ps - Got another little surprise for my fellow shippers. Remember those awesome screen caps from Death Knell and Grace? Well, I've now got the video that goes with the Death Knell clips. Go here:

http://www.stargatesg1971.com/

Then go to 'behind the scenes'. There it be, and enjoy! Oh, btw, thank Jo R and Beth for this, since they're the wonderful shippers that hosted the caps and vid, respectfully.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Aaaah Sally I love you dearly. In a completely platonic, non-obsessive, completely normal way of course. (shrine what shrine?)

That and the still pics really made my day. A Jack and Sam kiss and MS and CJ walking around in sleeveless t-shirts. I have nothing to complain about.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                Well I'm off to bed ..Bonne nuit ...carry on the chat without me ...See you later
                Hello there Caty.

I tried to PM you but apparently your inbox is full and I have to wait until you empty it!

SOMEBODY's popular aren't they

So instead, I'll copy-paste the message here for your convenience

Hi Caty!

Glad you liked my sig!

Sorry I haven't replied eariler but I only just got your message - different time zones and all lol.

From the looks of it, you have managed to do what you wanted with your sig...it's very cool!! So I don't think you need my help anymore...

I'm not really an expert anyway, I only know the tiniest bit of coding In fact, I don't have a clue how you were able to create that scrolling pic effect...I'm assuming it's a gif?

I'm enjoying playing with the features on the new forum though...I'll probably end up with a diff sig every week now hehe.

See you on the shipper thread,

Susie (now Sahara)

p.s. Your latest vids are great! Can't wait for some more!

Comment

me either...and lots of posts to read...five pages since this afternoon!
                  <dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                  ~Imzadi
                  describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                  Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

[QUOTE=waterfall]The new sig is up and I once again say how much I love my kid
                    (inspired nightmare) who has done an exellent job!!!! QUOTE]

OMG, waterfall! your sig gives me goosebumps! really, I'm getting all emotional here as I see them kiss. it makes me so happy. it's going to be hard to get past your messages in the thread. I'm just going to stop and stare at your sig, unable to pull myself away from the magic.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

omg...you're right! they've ignored that part of the regs! they shouldn't have been able to in the AU either! yes!!!! we have hope!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                      ~Imzadi

Comment

you mean children of the gods? changling? chain reaction? cause those are the only ones that start with that sound... ;~)

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          but to get back to my main point here, PDL really doesn't have THAT much to do with his brother being hired or with him coming back. if i'm wrong here i'll come back and admit it. hopefully the dvd audio commentary will clear a lot of things up for us though.
                          According to David Read, who did the interview with DDL on Gateworld... well, here's what David Read said in another thread here (I think the pro S/P thread???)

"The majority of fans are aware of a distinction between David DeLuise and Pete Shanahan, which is good.

A lot really don't want Pete to return, which is their business, and more power to them. But they need to remember that David is looking for work, and Peter (his brother) is in a great position to give him some in a recurring role on SG-1.

Peter will stick out for his brother. We will see David again. Just simple as that.

So I hope you like him, or at least can tolerate him, cause you're kicking the side of the inevitable if you aren't."

Make of that what you will.

Sally

ps - If I made a faux pas in c/ping a post over from another thread, I'm sorry. If I'm not supposed to do that, please tell me.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            character name censored
                            Pete?

I firmly believe that probably about 25% of the viewing audience will be upset if TPTB had the President give Sam & Jack a break on the regs if for no other reason than the fact that they have saved the world 9 TIMES.
                            I'm sorry, but I'd would have a really hard time swallowing a presidential pardon or an executive order. It would just feel like a "magic bullet". The only think I could see would be a change in the command structure.
                            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              One more thing came to me also about this hubby and kids issue.

Spoiler for Grace and possible season 8 spoiler:

<snip>

Therefore, (here is the leap), her discussing with Jack having babies and daycare and such, in the upcoming season 8 episode, may be her way of trying to find out if Jack would give up the military. Because in her mind she just doesn't know what he would or would not do as evidenced by the fact that in Grace Sam did not make this part of their discussion as she really didn't have any idea of what he would do.

Ooh, I like the way this sounds! And seeing as that after her convo with Jack, Sam comes to see Daniel... looking like a ghost. Wonder what Jack said to Sam???

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I just got to see the Lowdown...awesome! the whole team is so funny and close

~Imzadi

Comment

Working...
                                X