This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    Thank you GoneShippin'..."We will dance" is beautiful and I made them dance ..didn't I!!!

"I cross my heart" is a nice country song ..very touching ..and good voice.

I'm surprised you like "L'hymne a l'amour" cuz it's quite difficult to understand.
    Do you understand it? ..
    but it 's beautiful although some French fans shouted at me for having made the video with Josh Groban's voice ..they wanted Edith piaf ...Unfortunalely ..Edith Piaf is still very popular but I just don't like her voice ....I may even do "La vie en rose" someday from Grace Jones perhaps....and another French one of Celine Dion, which will include a third character.

I will watch Marimba's video tomorrow as I need to sleep now .

Thank you .

Caty aka ShipDiva
    Who needs to understand the words? The emotion, the music, the clips you selected for certain crescendos...I LOVE IT!!! and I'm actually not a Josh Groban fan (yet..one of my friends is trying to convert me). You keep on with your picks, Caty, I have no doubt that you'll satisfy ALL your fans..... eventually.

Satisfied Di

Comment

GoneShippin..Thanks for the shippy episode list. I will now have to stop living and working so I can sit down with my Stargate box sets and (in aid of science) watch all those episodes! I can't wait for the next part of the list!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        GoneShippin..Thanks for the shippy episode list. I will now have to stop living and working so I can sit down with my Stargate box sets and (in aid of science) watch all those episodes! I can't wait for the next part of the list!
        Trust me, I DO look forward to completing the list. I am probably looking at getting out S3&4 next Sunday (lots of work related projects due this week) and I want to insure I catch ALL the shippy parts!

till then, dig into your hidden stash of shipper cookies and enjoy, my dear. (hey, let me know if I missed any shippy scenes, small or large ).

Di

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
          Trust me, I DO look forward to completing the list. I am probably looking at getting out S3&4 next Sunday (lots of work related projects due this week) and I want to insure I catch ALL the shippy parts!

till then, dig into your hidden stash of shipper cookies and enjoy, my dear. (hey, let me know if I missed any shippy scenes, small or large ).

Di
          It's a hard life when you've got to watch all these shippy episodes to help out a friend! I'm sure you've mentioned all the good bits, but between watching these dvds, Caty and Marimba's videos, and visiting the RDA/Jack thunk thread (because of the "acting"), I don't know if my heart can cope!! Life's a B***h!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
            So.......
            Sam & Jack have ship theme music. I think needs some theme music. I motion that the Grinch song (you know the one..... "He's a mean one.... Mr. Grinch....") be his song.
            The first thing that came to mind is the theme for Jaws. Remember the music they played when you first saw the shark, and then after?

Da da.....
            Da da....
            Da da da da da da da...

Ominous, intruding, deadly.

Yeah, we've found PS's theme!

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
              I was just thinkg that we need to see more of the GUYS bods...

Why do you think we see so little of Jack's? Note the difference in the thawing in "Out of Mind" and no tank top of Jack in pub photos. Other situations also. Maybe just preference on the part of the actors.

Comment

Originally posted by col aga
                Hi! I agree completely.I must admit that i post first time in my life and I haven't figurated out yet how to do it so sorry for any mistakes. Anyway, everyone on this thread is always encouraging other shippers to come out of the closet so I decided to do just that. I'm huge s/j shipper and I've been reading this thread for well over a year. You are the best!!! and always make my day. So keep up good work!

Welcome newbie!... who's not really a newbie.... well, newbie to posting... but not newbie to reading.... where was I?........ oh, yeah, welcome newbie!

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall

You're a sly one , Mr Eek,
                  There's stalking in your soul,
                  You follow your new woman,
                  When off to work she goes, Mr Eek!

You're a bad one, Mr Eek,
                  Your rottenness you show,
                  You're also far too cheap' just shows you are a *bleep*, Mr Eek!

The truth you want now,but when you don't get it,

You walk out....... and make her feel like a ho!!!

waterfall

LOL!..... LOL!....

That was great! I was singing the theme while doing your lyrics. Hysterical!

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    Why, what's it say?

Sally

It doesn't say anything about S/J, but does say the focus will remain on the core 4 SG1 members, Jack has never done things by the book, Teal'c has hair, an entity enters the base and jumps from person to person, etc., all things I suppose most people know already but I thought it complements the longer article. What kinda bugged me in the long article, among things already discussed, was that it hinted the AF had to be okay with Jack becoming a general. I think it's time to cut loose from the AF and stop having those guest officers on, also. I have utmost respect for the AF and other service branches, but this is a TV SF show, it's fiction and the AF parameters are holding back certain aspects of the story line, especially one we want.

Comment

OK, this is for everyone that was asking about shippy episodes......

POTENTIAL SPOILERS, SEASON 1 AND 2

This is recreated from Morjana’s post from the old forum in March, in reply to someone asking about which episodes showed some ship. I added my additional observations on shippy moments in purple (forced me to rewatch some scenes, but hey, I made a committment)! (((((((Morjana))))))), and thanks for the original.

For time and space concerns, I’m going to have to separate this into 2 seasons at a time to post:

Well, heck, you can start with Sam and Jack right in the very first episode, “COTG.” It just gets better from there.

Season 1
                      “Emancipation” – the whole dress scene… and Jack NOT liking the idea of Sam being ‘forced’ to ‘service” her new ‘owner/husband’
                      “The Broca Divide” - Okay, it’s an infected (or Touched) Sam, but there’s still lip lock
                      “Fire and Water” - Jack and Sam hug
                      “Hathor” – Sam checking out Jacks’ stomach after his Jaffa pouch was healed
                      “Singularity” – the elevator scene
                      “Solitudes” - the whole episode
                      “There But For The Grace Of God” – AU Jack and Sam hugging goodbye: Jack telling Sam I Love You!
                      “Politics” - the scene where Daniel informs them that A/U Jack and Sam were engaged to be married

Season 2
                      “The Serpents Lair” – Sam and Jack hug in gate room at end of episode but it’s hard to see, really watch for it as the camera pulls back
                      “In The Line of Duty” – the whole episode, especially the gear up room scene with Jack and Teal’c, the infirmary scene where Jack wipes tears away!, the lock up scene
                      “Message in a Bottle” – Sam being the person who thinks of the idea – to sacrifice Jack – to save Earth, the hand holding scene where he squeezes her hand back..
                      “Secrets” – Jack meeting Jacob for the first time
                      “The Tok’ra – Part One” – Martouf asking Sam to go for a walk on the planet’s surface, Jack really not liking it
                      “The Fifth Race” – Sam’s concern
                      “Out of Mind” – fun episode..Jack waking Sam up, Sam holding Jack’s arm, Jack holding Sam in hallway where they remain standing VERY close to each other

Stay tuned for Season 3 and 4..............

Di

Just one little quibble re "Emancipation." I would hope Jack would not like ANYONE under his command to be forced, not just a woman he was beginning to like very much.

Comment

Spoilers for S5, S6, S7, S8

Last night, I watched Desperate Measures and Metamorphosis. I'm a Sam fan too, so I was watching those mainly for her (ship in 'em too! ). Anyhoo, while I was watching them, I realized I had a kind of melancholy feel. And I realized it was because I missed that wonderful 'no worries' feel of watching Stargate. See, since Chernobyl... it hasn't been the same. It's like looking at eps now as BC or AC (Before Chernobyl, After Chernobyl). Before Chernobyl, all we had to worry about were the regs and the writers still writing ship. Now, we have to worry about the regs, the writers still writing ship in, AND a boyfriend that's only showing us the scenes we want to see between Sam and Jack!

I remember an anti-shipper asking shippers once that if they took away PS, but only if the shippers were willing to live with subtle ship, would we take it? I couldn't answer, because I kept thinking about the hug in Heroes 2, the kiss in Grace, the ice/face touching end scene in Lost City 2... Would I be willing to give that up to get rid of PS? In truth, I don't know. BUT, knowing that the threat of MORE PS/Sam ship scenes are looming around the bend, like a tornado waiting to strike.... I'm seriously considering yes. And I resent it. The last season and a half of my favorite show, and I'm partly dreading what I'm going to see. I believe that Sam and Jack are going to get together in some sort by the end, but will all the S/P ship stuff make it not worth it? Will I be so heart broken by that time that I won't be able to appreciate it or enjoy it? I don't know. What I *do* know is that I'm holding off buying dvds until I know how S/P is going to be handled. If I can make it through their stuff, then I'll buy the dvds. I've stopped at season four, and if need be, that'll be it. Am I over-reacting? Probably. But I can't help it. My heart's leading me, not my head. I mean, when you almost wish the show ended at season 6...

Okay fellow shippers, I'm done venting. Hope I haven't brought anyone down? Just needed to get those feelings out. Glad I have a place where I can. Thank you shippers for giving me that place.

*group hug*

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

OK, this is for everyone that was asking about shippy episodes......

<snip>

“Out of Mind” – fun episode..Jack waking Sam up, Sam holding Jack’s arm, Jack holding Sam in hallway where they remain standing VERY close to each other
                          I just saw this episode a couple days ago and noticed something interesting. Right after Jack woke Sam up and she noticed her state of undress, she was half sitting and her back was showing. I thought there were some blatant "checking out" by Jack -- not that it was overtly erotic or anything, just kinda humourous.
                          In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                            Any-way what would you guys like the SONG to be when they finally get together?

I'll have to think of that a bit, but the song that would fit them now -from Jack's POV- would be 'Love Will Keep Us Together'.

Captain Tennille---Love Will Keep Us Together

Love, Love will keep us together
                            Think of me babe whenever
                            Some sweet talking guy comes along singing his song
                            Don't mess around,
                            You got to be strong
                            Just Stop, 'cause I really love You
                            Stop, I'll be thinking of you
                            Look in my heart and let love keep us together

You, You belong to me now
                            Ain't gonna set you free now
                            When those guys start hanging around talking me down
                            Hear with your heart and you won't hear a sound
                            Just Stop, 'cause I really love you
                            Stop, I'll be thinking of you

Whatever young and beautiful
                            Someday your looks will be gone
                            When the others turn you off
                            Who'll be turning you on

I will, I will, I will, I will
                            Be there to share forever
                            Love will keep us together
                            Said it before and I'll say it again while others pretend
                            I'll need you now and I'll need you then
                            Stop 'cause I really love Ya
                            Stop I'll be thinking of Ya

Most of those lyrics fit perfectly!

As for their song when they DO get together.... I don't know! Anyone?

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

yeah he totaly checked out her nekkid back. but in a typical jack o'neill funny way. not a pervy way. cos we all know he's not like that. right? guys? right??

i love how she suddenly realised the situation and then, "hey trade clothes with that guy" (that quote's probably a tad wrong, haven't seen the ep in a while)

Comment

Can anyone remember 'why' Sam and Jack were smiling at each other like this? I remember the ep, and what they were talking about, but I can't remember why they smiled like this to each other.

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X