This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waterfall
    What I want to see is because she's supposedly involved with her and Jack are becoming closer and eventually she's gonna figure out that she really wants Jack and when she tries to break up with telling him she can't be with him anymore because she's in love with Jack and wants to be with him, instead of yelling just fades away to "Grace" and says "See? Now you can be happy"

So I think is just Sam's imagination.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I feel better now.

waterfall
    I LOVE it waterfall!!! *begs to the writer gods*

But.... if it doesn't come to pass, then I want to think of PS in this way....

'While Sam's exploring with PS, she's learning with Jack.'

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50

OK, go to my page if you really want to see what I have to say :

GW S/J Shipper's Thread Graphics
      http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/Potatohead.htm
      Mala: ROFLOL. Just checked out the potato head collection. These are hysterical. Love the new villian in season eight
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        Oh, god, Mala, those pics are great! You're an artist!

Sally
        AMEN!

I swore I wasn't going to get back on today (or at least this Saturday a.m. - got errands to run, shopping to do for goodness sakes!), but did anyway & am happy I did - the vision of holding up the extra-eye binoculars will stick w/me the rest of the day . I'm sure fellow shoppers will wonder what in the world is that woman so happy about?????

(And the idea that he's just such a weenie little spud he had to really crane up over that seat to see what was going on! )
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Mala the Potato Head Collection is absolutely BRILLIANT!!!!!!! I can't stop laughing.
          sigpic

Comment

Just checking in for my daily "fix" and shipper cookie with some thoughts.
            I have never "shipped" a show before. (I'm not even sure if that is proper terminology ) In fact, I didn't even know what the word meant until I stumbled upon Gateworld. I felt a small tug toward the Picard/Crusher relationship, but nothing really strong. My attraction was solely for Picard. Before that, there was Hawkeye (the TV version) and a few select others. No couples, nothing fanatic. Until Stargate.

I started watching Stargate because I loved the movie and I loved RDA. It wasn't long before I was hooked. I was not at all familiar with the other cast members, but it didn't take long to become smitten with them as well. This was definitely a first for me. Usually I will like only one or two main cast members on a show and the same is true with the characters they play. But Stargate had it all for me...great cast and great characters! I started noticing the Jack/Sam relationship very early on in my viewing and found it very appealing. Soon I was hooked on that as well. I think my attraction to Jack/Sam ship was brought on by the combination of the subtle relationship writing and the fact that two wonderful characters were given a visual image and chemistry by two very very lovely actors. So I now ship Sam/Jack. Big time.

Anyway, the point I was actually getting to was my idea on how they could resolve the Sam/Jack relationship and not leave any, or the majority of, the fans feeling like they were shafted. Seeing as how most shows like to avoid cliches and do something unexpected, if only for artistic reasons, I say they write two endings to the show - an ending for the shippers and an ending for the non-shippers. I doubt that they could do anything like the system for pay-per-view where you could point and click for your ending (that might be impossible for the Sci-Fi channel to incorporate), but perhaps they could show two different endings at two different times or on different nights? It would be a first. Original. Memorable.

I know, I know. There would still be detractors and arguments everywhere about which is the "real" ending, but at least the shippers would get to see a Sam/Jack resolution and the non-shippers would get a team resolution. Of course, this would complicate a follow-up movie, if they ever intend to do one. Oh well, just my thoughts. I guess I'm like AT. I just want to make everyone happy.

P.S. A heartfelt congratulations to last night's Leo award winners. Here's hoping that there will be plenty more to come tonight for both cast and crew!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
              Sam jumped Daniel? Say what? Is it the same picture that was up in the Ressurection section on Gateworld?
              Spoiler for Season 8
              I haven't seen the picture you refer to. This one is in a series of three pictures: one of Jack, one of Sam & PS at the 50th anniv. party and one where Sam looks like she's giving Daniel mouth to mouth. The caption says and I'll abbreviate (and don't take this to heart, shippers, what do caption writers know?)"AT ditches RDA and MS for DDL." Eeeeeeek anyway. There's another pic of AT in a khaki tank top that will make the 18-24 male fan demographic drool ( but we're not supposed to discuss certain outstanding features, are we?).

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                Just checking in for my daily "fix" and shipper cookie with some thoughts.
                I have never "shipped" a show before. (I'm not even sure if that is proper terminology ) In fact, I didn't even know what the word meant until I stumbled upon Gateworld. I felt a small tug toward the Picard/Crusher relationship, but nothing really strong. My attraction was solely for Picard. Before that, there was Hawkeye (the TV version) and a few select others. No couples, nothing fanatic. Until Stargate.

I started watching Stargate because I loved the movie and I loved RDA. It wasn't long before I was hooked. I was not at all familiar with the other cast members, but it didn't take long to become smitten with them as well. This was definitely a first for me. Usually I will like only one or two main cast members on a show and the same is true with the characters they play. But Stargate had it all for me...great cast and great characters! I started noticing the Jack/Sam relationship very early on in my viewing and found it very appealing. Soon I was hooked on that as well. I think my attraction to Jack/Sam ship was brought on by the combination of the subtle relationship writing and the fact that two wonderful characters were given a visual image and chemistry by two very very lovely actors. So I now ship Sam/Jack. Big time.

Anyway, the point I was actually getting to was my idea on how they could resolve the Sam/Jack relationship and not leave any, or the majority of, the fans feeling like they were shafted. Seeing as how most shows like to avoid cliches and do something unexpected, if only for artistic reasons, I say they write two endings to the show - an ending for the shippers and an ending for the non-shippers. I doubt that they could do anything like the system for pay-per-view where you could point and click for your ending (that might be impossible for the Sci-Fi channel to incorporate), but perhaps they could show two different endings at two different times or on different nights? It would be a first. Original. Memorable.

I know, I know. There would still be detractors and arguments everywhere about which is the "real" ending, but at least the shippers would get to see a Sam/Jack resolution and the non-shippers would get a team resolution. Of course, this would complicate a follow-up movie, if they ever intend to do one. Oh well, just my thoughts. I guess I'm like AT. I just want to make everyone happy.

P.S. A heartfelt congratulations to last night's Leo award winners. Here's hoping that there will be plenty more to come tonight for both cast and crew!

Well I think we could have both in the same episode ...

Sam and Jack get together ..no big deal ..they spend some time together and we see it and then back to the team ..

They all meet (The team), sam and Jack behave like they always did ....just themselves with the team ( except that now there is no UST and they are even more relaxed than before)...joking with Teal' and Daniel like we had in the lost city the drinking party at Jack's place .I really don't think Sam would be sitting on Jack's lap on that occasion. They would just behave like sg1 each time they are with the others - no matter what- We could even see them all fishing together at the end ...the all team and having fun
                See I want to please eveybody too...

If only the others could understand that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

But.... if it doesn't come to pass, then I want to think of PS in this way....

'While Sam's exploring with PS, she's learning with Jack.'

Sally
                  oh, Jack will school her alright. she'll have a PhD in M.S., when he's through. And I don't mean Michael Shanks!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood

my only real problem with that is that means we would only be getting one episode of ship-- I want lots more!!!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                      oh, Jack will school her alright. she'll have a PhD in M.S., when he's through. And I don't mean Michael Shanks!

ship sistah

I believe this is what AT said in her interview ...I believe that her relationship to is gonna teach her something for her happiness with jack and 'm sticking to it

I really do think this is what she meant and I'm happy about that bit and I would love to see Jack 's middle bits too.

Caty the cheeky

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                        my only real problem with that is that means we would only be getting one episode of ship-- I want lots more!!!

ship sistah

Me too , I want to see JACK AND SAM ship in every episode within the sci-fi story even if it's UST , it could be quite exciting until the middle of the season ...and then let's move on to the RST without doing it over the top. Let's them have their RST outside work ...and normal behaviour with the team when off world or inside the Cheyenne mountain complex. I don't need to see nookies when they work , just outside work will be fine for me.
                        I still want Sam and Jack to be real good friends to Teal's and Daniel..and carrying on their jokes between each other and all help each other when in danger .

If any Sam & Jack anti-shippers lurk around here today , I hope you 'll understand what I mean ..and that could be achieved to please everybody and.... please.... let's all be friends instead of ignoring each other. We all love the show for what it is .

Daniel can be happy with Sarah.
                        Teal'c can be happy with Ishta.
                        Jack can be happy with Sam.

And let's be all happy for them if it's what they want.

Caty aka ShipDiva
                        Last edited by Catysg1; 29 May 2004, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          Spoiler for Season 8
                          I haven't seen the picture you refer to. This one is in a series of three pictures: one of Jack, one of Sam & PS at the 50th anniv. party and one where Sam looks like she's giving Daniel mouth to mouth. The caption says and I'll abbreviate (and don't take this to heart, shippers, what do caption writers know?)"AT ditches RDA and MS for DDL." Eeeeeeek anyway. There's another pic of AT in a khaki tank top that will make the 18-24 male fan demographic drool ( but we're not supposed to discuss certain outstanding features, are we?).
                          Can we not talk about her attributes at all or is it just how she got her attributes? Aren't the RDA thunkers talking about his attributes with wild abandon? Just don't want there to be a double standard here.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                            Spoiler for Season 8
                            Yeah, that's the Ressurection picture then. They were just fooling around on set. I'll tell you though, the first time I saw that picture on the Ressurection episode page on Gateworld before the episode aired I nearly had a heart attack. I sat there thinking "first Pete, now Daniel. Why God why!" and I was oh so relieved when I found out it was a joke. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not a fan of angst and I certainly don't need any love triangles. I want to watch Stargate, not a primetime soap opera.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              Hey, I just bake 'em, I don't have time to distribute 'em!!! So, the job is definitely open!!

Let's see to date there are yellow, blue, purple and orange Shipper Cookies. Hmmm, have I forgotten any?
                              The Chocolate ones are for when you are away from GateWorld. They keep you calm and content until your back with your Shipper family. All the choco-holics know what I mean..

Token ~

Comment

Oh, god, Mala, those pics are great! You're an artist!

Sally
                                Sally I am stealing your quote and adding Genius as well. I died laughing at the Mr P collection.

Mala the way your mind works is incedible!!
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X