Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um not sure if I can post this on here, ( having feet in both camps and only actually having the nerve because my stomach wants some of those yummy shipper cookies ) so feel free so ignore this.

I'm actually an ex-shipper. When I first started watching Stargate I was an S/J shipper, but now I'm not so sure.
    Basically I think an actual relationship(on any show) ruins the team spirit. I am not sure that Jack and Sam would behave professionally enough and put saving the world first infront of each other.
    By also saying that, I am saying that they do care for each other deeply, and yes I think they do love each other. (I think someone mentioned much earlier about the scene in Heroes 2 and I agree exactly that Sam wanted to say that she loved him and Jack wanted to kiss her.) But then I get confused in Lost City when he cuts her off when I think she was going to tell him. I think those 2 episodes seemed very awkward and 'off' between them, Jack didn't seem to consider her feelings at all.
    I think they have more chemistry as friends rather than lovers. I really love the S/J friendship in the earlier seasons.
    With regards to Pete I think he's just like a poo that won't flush.
    I liked him at first but then I got extremely angry that he couldn't accept that she didn't want to tell him about her job. If she doesn't want to tell you then it's none of your buisness! That just smacks of jealously and possessiveness (whoa! how many 's's is that!) when he hardly knows her. I hope he goes to a land far, far away sharpish, so if Sam and Jack do admit that they love each other then they do it soon. I can't stand this tiptoeing about the matter.

Anyway, thanks for reading
    Sparki
    Honk if you love cheese

Comment

When i heard that piece of bad news about and Sam ..
      I could help thinking about "Alias "and if they want Sam to be as confused as Sydney.
      Remember ..Syd loves 2 guys too Vaughn and Will ...Although she can't have Vaughn anymore , she told Will she was lonely and they spend the night together ......the ony difference is Will has always been a cutie and deeply respects Syd..he loves her beyond anything...but will never force her in being with him if she does not want it .... here is the man.

I think TPTB is watching "Alias" ...but they do it all wrong for Stargate cuz they should have brought another love interest to Sam much earlier in the series then .....
      To have 6 years of Sam going off world ..being in love with Jack all that time ...and suddenly realizes after her herself vision(Grace) that she has to move on ...is a bit farfetched .

First of all, she should speak to the real Jack and then ..if he says they can never be together ...then I would understand but really when you look at Jack's face in the lift of "potatoe episode", he is very sad ..and yet happy for her .What a sweetie !!! I wonder what jack thinks about ...!!!!in his house alone at night ,right now ?!Surely , he must be scared to lose her for good!!!!!

I reckon Jack is gonna break in season 8 and will do the first move as we all said , on the heat of the moment, after a near death situation Sam will be in..

Then It will be the start of a slow confession.. ...he will probably apologize to her soon after ....saying something like " Sorry, I was happy you're allright"...I really think Sam will probably say something like "Hang on" just as he was leaving to go back to his duties ...and they will talk then ...

Sam will be puzzled by Jack's behaviour and will then question her relationship to . I also think jack will tell her that the only way they can be together will be for him to sacrifice his career and retired for good ...and he will do it for her ..and himself ....cuz he's loved her for so many years ..and it has been so hard to keep it locked inside (Deathknell is an exemple) that he would love to unlock the heartbreak and be happy with Sam. OH I feel better..now ..and you!!!!!!!

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by Sparki101

Sparki

HAHAHAHA too right here ...you forgot to say a smelly one too...
        I have stomach cramps now

Sparki , welcome to the board

....and we all hope that Sam and Jack will get together at the end of season 8, just a few episodes before the finale ..This will be great but we need some good talks first in between them with no awkwardness..I just posted a scenario just above about how Jack feels right now and how he felt for 6 years ..

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Spoilers for Season 7 "Chimera"

Good points Marimba26.I find it hard to believe she has not seen the finnished episode.After hearing so may complains about Pete you think she would.The Actors comments suggest that the episode was seen.TPTB may not have intended for Pete to look bad but Pete looked very bad in Chimera.The Biggest Pete fan and the biggest Anti Sam and Jack fan would have a hard time admitting Pete did nothing wrong.If TPTB do not care if the Sam character looks bad then so be it.
          Last edited by ses110; 25 May 2004, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            Season Eight spoilers
            I was going to see if anyone posted about this. I got info about this on the samjack list and spoilme group. This is what was said on spoilme: (the post on spoilme is from cabouse18)

//=cabouse18's words

//The whole article went back and forth between interviews with RDA and At but AT's interview was mainly about how she was excited about returning for another season and seeing her character grow. I am sorry to say that for those of you who hate Pete, she speaks very highly of the relationship between the two characters.She said that while Carter still loves O'Neill it is possible for her character to love another guy and be with him.//

quoting Amanda Tapping:

"She still had deep feelings for him (meaning O'Neill), as is
            evidenced when she meets Pete. She still shows it to O'Neill, and that's never going to go away, but I think what she's learned to do is to be a pragmatist about it and say, 'OK! I can't have this guy, and he is pretty fantastic, but this guy over here is not so bad"

//She also mentions how the fans are referring to Pete as
            Stalker Pete and doesn't blame his character for doing what he did in "Chimera." She said her character would understand b/c Pete is a cop and is inquisitive.//

K, well, as usual, nothing really different. Well, other than AT thinking it's alright to be treated like that.

What I like about Amanda's statement, though, is she's said that the 'Sam caring for Jack' scenes are going to continue -THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU- and that she thinks Jack's fantastic. Also appreciated her lovely sentiments on PS... not so bad.

Sally
            I usually never read spoilers but I gave in and read this. I am frankly disgusted that AT can see her character that way. Sam is a mature, intelligent woman who has proven over six plus years that she doesn't NEED a man to be happy. Jacob/Sam comments in Grace notwithstanding. Then she finally gets a shot at a man and he's a creep. BUT SHE CAN'T SEE THAT????? For pity sakes wake up and smell the coffee beans!

I respect AT's desire to see the Sam character grow. After all real people are not static, they change. But she is 'growing' the character right out of plausibility. If Shippers are going to be forced to watch a central character made into a mockery and another central character be placed in painful and pointless limbo; then that is just another reason to end the show.

I love team eps, I love action, I love solid drama, I love Sam/Jack Ship and I love the Jack/Daniel friendship dynamic... But it's time to hang it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparki101
              Um not sure if I can post this on here, ( having feet in both camps and only actually having the nerve because my stomach wants some of those yummy shipper cookies ) so feel free so ignore this.

I'm actually an ex-shipper. When I first started watching Stargate I was an S/J shipper, but now I'm not so sure.
              Basically I think an actual relationship(on any show) ruins the team spirit. I am not sure that Jack and Sam would behave professionally enough and put saving the world first infront of each other.
              By also saying that, I am saying that they do care for each other deeply, and yes I think they do love each other. (I think someone mentioned much earlier about the scene in Heroes 2 and I agree exactly that Sam wanted to say that she loved him and Jack wanted to kiss her.) But then I get confused in Lost City when he cuts her off when I think she was going to tell him. I think those 2 episodes seemed very awkward and 'off' between them, Jack didn't seem to consider her feelings at all.
              I think they have more chemistry as friends rather than lovers. I really love the S/J friendship in the earlier seasons.
              I liked him at first but then I got extremely angry that he couldn't accept that she didn't want to tell him about her job. If she doesn't want to tell you then it's none of your buisness! That just smacks of jealously and possessiveness (whoa! how many 's's is that!) when he hardly knows her. I hope he goes to a land far, far away sharpish, so if Sam and Jack do admit that they love each other then they do it soon. I can't stand this tiptoeing about the matter.

Sparki
              Hey Sparki.

I don't think you should feel odd posting here. I know I wish I had more time to post here and elsewhere anyway...

In regards to Lost City. I think Jack cut her off because he loves her, not because he doesn't. He knew he was for all intents and purposes 'dying' I think he was afraid of the pain leaving her in that lurch would cause. He doesn't know if he's coming back and leaving after hearing the words and sharing the sentiments. I think it would hurt him too much and her as well. I think he stopped her to spare their hearts.

In regards to ruining the show. I think they are both proffessional enough to keep things behind closed doors. If they did profess and explore a relationship I think it would be all business offworld. Jack is a consumate soldier and so is Sam. The job is the job, personal is personal. JMHO.

I can't stand the tiptoeing anymore either. Looks like TPTB aren't willing to give us what we want however. I used to have huge respect for the Sam character and I've often said she makes a great example for young women. Strong, bright, beautiful female succeeding in a man's world. After Pete and constant interviews where AT refers to him as an "okay guy" et al... I don't feel the same way. A fact that saddens me. There just aren't enough competent women figures on TV. Characters that use their brains and not their bodies to push forward their agendas.

Such a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                Trust me, I'm not even remotely defending the character's actions. Pete, as we saw him, was way out of line in my book. We don't know if Amanda saw the final edit or not. I understand she doesn't much like watching herself. There definitely were Sam/Pete scenes cut because various people saw them filming. The episode was filmed over a stretch of time both first and second unit while other episodes were filming and I believe she was also prepping to direct. She may not even realize exactly how it all played in the final edit -- especially with cuts and revisions. What she remembers is this nice guy who she considers a friend and the fun they had filming. Her perspective could be strongly disconnected from what we saw. She also seems a smidge on the protective side when it comes to her friends and her character. So, there are biases all over the place here.

I don't like what Amanda's saying, but I can kind of squint at it and see why she's saying it. She wants Sam to be dating a nice guy. She was probably told they were writing her a character a nice, normal, human boyfriend. They probably thought they were writing a nice guy character and tossed in a little contrivance to make the plot work. The actor is a nice guy. Toss in a smidge of denial or ignorance of the final edit, you get about what she's saying. I don't like the message it sends, but perspective can be a wonky thing. She's probably not seeing any of this even remotely the way we are.
                I agree that Amanda probably didn't see the final cut at least initally. But don't you think with all the uproar that by now she and TPTB would have taken another look at "THAT" episode to see what everyone was talking about?
                Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  Spoilers for Season 7 "Chimera"

Good points Marimba26.I find it hard to believe she has not seen the finnished episode.After hearing so may complains about Pete you think she would.The Actors comments suggest that the episode was seen.TPTB may not have intended for Pete to look bad but Pete looked very bad in Chimera.
                  I'm sure she probably went back and at least asked people for details. So, she finds out the final edit made Pete look like a loser and Sam inexplicably brain dead for keeping him. Now what? Her bosses still plan to bring him back because they're not done with that plot. She doesn't want her character to look bad for dating him. She's a professional. It's considered bad form to criticize ongoing plots publicly because those articles and appearances are ultimately series publicity. There's usually a party line on controversial elements actors are told by producers and expected to spout. If you don't play that game, you can get a reputation as difficult to work with and future work becomes harder to find (assuming you're not Brad Pitt). There's not much she can do but paste on a smile, talk about how great David is, try to defend Sam's actions, and spew the party line.

The whole "Pete's not a stalker, he's a cop -- that means he's naturally inquisitive" bit reeks of studio spin to walk back the icky. It's said close to the same way each time. It's coming from multiple sources. Everybody then changes the subject to what a great guy David is. I wouldn't take it too seriously as anybody's honest opinion.
                  *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

i agree. i don't think AT has ever seen teh finished eps and I dont' think she has any idea how some sloppy writing has turned what started out as a nice man into someone whose actions can definitely be interpreted as shady and dark

chimera spoilers.

While i'm not too crazy about the background search, it's not that big of a deal....had that been it. Pete, to me, crossed teh line when he followed her to the stakeout. And we all know that he had to have followed her in some way since it was shown that sam and him didn't talk between him leaving her house and him showing up.

they could have solved this in one easy way....they could have had daniel introduce sam to pete, which would explain him being at daniel's house and would have made his being there a coincidence rather than him following her.

Pete's character has been irreparably tainted because of sloppy writing

I have no doubt that David is a lovely man, just as i know that Anubis' actor, davie palfey is absolutely adorable, funny...and looks great in tighty whities and that ronnie cox is a sweet person.....the fact that the actor is nice does nothing to change teh fact that his character is a crumb
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                      Okay after typing for about fifteen minutes and getting ready to post my computer comes up with an unknown error and closes and after this great piece of news to suggest there is blood shooting from my veins would not be too far off.

Anyway I will try to remember what I typed before. I do agree with you Auralan, I don't believe it was TPTB intention for Pete to come across as such a creep, I believe he was suppose to be a nice boyfriend for Sam. I also think that they feel that we shippers would never have liked Pete anyway because of who he represents and I believe that they feel that we are just blowing this whole stalking and spying thing out of hand. I also agree that AT probably didn't get a chance to see the entire episode as we did if we talked with her after it aired, but with all of the upset over the episode and with them feeling as though we don't like DD, I would think that they would have seen it by now. If TPTB would read about 90 per cent of the posts on this thread they would realize that we have come to accept that Sam is questioning her relationship with Jack and dating Pete as a means to try and find the life she wants, we don't understand it but reluctantly we are accepting it. With that said our problem is with the flaws in the character they have created. Now for AT and RDA to supposedly be saying that they are giving Pete a pass because he is a cop and it is okay for them to stalk and spy, why because they are above the law??? I can somewhat except the fact that Pete called to check on her, but the minute he found out that she was with the military maybe even black ops he should have dropped it and trusted her and relied on his instincts. I could go on and on...but you get the point, we have all said it before. Just because we want Jack and Sam together it does not blind us where we don't know right from wrong.....

Also I agree with Ship Nana, why is it that we only get the bad news???????? If I were TPTB I would be having some serious promotional concerns. I have to believe that they have received a huge amount of mail from that one episode alone, I would think that they would be concerned about making our side of the ship happy. You know I want Sam and Jack together as do all us shippers but if they drag it out too long, like JAG, they won't have to worry about Season 9. Giving us the last ten minutes of whatever season and expecting us to be happy about it after enduring all that we have will be at least 8 seasons too late. I have this strange feeling that they are already pretty sure of both RDA and Season 9. Honestly, except for you guys there has not been one bit of good information coming out for Season 8. The actors are getting what they want DD will be back, and once again fellow shippers we are holding the short end of the rope.
                      Yea, all of the above. I am getting tired of being hung out to dry also! This definitely will be my last season unless we get some Shipper satisfaction by the end of Season 8.

So Nickatell, you are so right when you say that TPTB will not have to worry about a Season 9 because I doubt that there will be any Shippers around to watch it. And I bet we are a large force.

This is turning into a JAG situation and I finally couldn't take that anymore and dropped that show. As much as I love Stargate and Sam and Jack I will do the same thing after this season.

I feel like they are taking us all for granted and simply put, enough is enough.

Just one more thought. I like stargate for all of the characters and their interactions, as well as the stories but the S/J storyline is a big part of it for me and without that relationship as far as I'm concerned Stargate won't be enjoyable.

That's all, that's it! Gonna go stuff myself with all the Shipper Cookies I can get down my throat.

I won't give up! I won't give up! Sam and Jack forever. Sam and Jack forever! (See I can be optimistic!!)
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ruralstar

Characters that use their brains and not their bodies to push forward their agendas.

Such a waste.
                        <sarcasm> Coming from the lady who drools so much after RDA she should donate fluid to hospitals and save lives <sarcasm>

Thanks for clearing that bit up. I always found the part when Sam goes around to his house in LC really odd. You said that you thought he cut her off because he would find it hard afterwards but I always thought that to them Jack was going to die and they weren't going to be able to save him. To all intents and purposes Jack thought that he wouldn't be coming back from that mission alive anyway. Why didn't he just tell her? Or at least not be so dismissive. If someone did that to me, without explaination, I would think that he didn't care for me at all.

With regard to being professional I meant it in the context of having to give each other up for a greater cause. I understand and agree totally with the regulations. You can't allow your feelings for someone get in the way of completing the mission or doing the right thing.
                        hmm. sounds a little harsh, but then i've always been a thinker rather than a feeler!

Sparki
                        Honk if you love cheese

Comment

Originally posted by wendy_gray1
                          All
                          I have been watching this show since day one and have every episode so far
                          but i get believe that sam and jack should have some kind of peace about all
                          the rules and reg. think it would be cool, somehow.
                          They can't just deny it forever, there would have to be a happy medium.

didn't he resign in the last show? So carter would go ahead and take command?
                          Why couldn't they get together after they save him, before any real decisions
                          would be made? It could happen.
                          Jack and Sam deserve it, after all the timez of saving the world.

OH YES, They Will be together.

Ahhhh yes!!! Another Shipper comes out of the closet!!!

*Ship Nana waves hi to Wendy*

Glad you're with us and WELCOME! Be sure and help yourself to the wild, hot Monkey Sex Shipper Cookies (they are the yellow ones) or if you are the warm and fuzzy type try the purple ones! Hehehehehe
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            I was going to see if anyone posted about this. I got info about this on the samjack list and spoilme group. This is what was said on spoilme: (the post on spoilme is from cabouse18)

//=cabouse18's words

//The whole article went back and forth between interviews with RDA and At but AT's interview was mainly about how she was excited about returning for another season and seeing her character grow. I am sorry to say that for those of you who hate Pete, she speaks very highly of the relationship between the two characters.She said that while Carter still loves O'Neill it is possible for her character to love another guy and be with him.//

quoting Amanda Tapping:

"She still had deep feelings for him (meaning O'Neill), as is
                            evidenced when she meets Pete. She still shows it to O'Neill, and that's never going to go away, but I think what she's learned to do is to be a pragmatist about it and say, 'OK! I can't have this guy, and he is pretty fantastic, but this guy over here is not so bad"

//She also mentions how the fans are referring to Pete as
                            Stalker Pete and doesn't blame his character for doing what he did in "Chimera." She said her character would understand b/c Pete is a cop and is inquisitive.//

K, well, as usual, nothing really different. Well, other than AT thinking it's alright to be treated like that.

What I like about Amanda's statement, though, is she's said that the 'Sam caring for Jack' scenes are going to continue -THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU- and that she thinks Jack's fantastic. Also appreciated her lovely sentiments on PS... not so bad.

Sally
                            Oh, I don't know about that! It seems like Sam is settling for second best! And I just can't STAND that!!! I also want a heck of alot more than just "Sam caring for Jack" scenes. I think we are just way beyond that 8 years down the line!!!!
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i agree. i don't think AT has ever seen teh finished eps and I dont' think she has any idea how some sloppy writing has turned what started out as a nice man into someone whose actions can definitely be interpreted as shady and dark

chimera spoilers.

(snip, because we've read the same)

Pete's character has been irreparably tainted because of sloppy writing

I have no doubt that David is a lovely man, just as i know that Anubis' actor, davie palfey is absolutely adorable, funny...and looks great in tighty whities and that ronnie cox is a sweet person.....the fact that the actor is nice does nothing to change teh fact that his character is a crumb
                              Thanks for being the voice of reason. I do agree that it could be party line for the actors and spin for the studio. Still it's rather disgusting to taint such a great character as Sam Carter. In regards to David DeLuise... never met the man, I'm sure i never will. My only comment: He sounds like a nice man who had a good time filming Pete's part on Stargate. He was paired with Amanda Tapping FCOL, I don't know alot of guys who would turn that down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                Oh, I don't know about that! It seems like Sam is settling for second best! And I just can't STAND that!!! I also want a heck of alot more than just "Sam caring for Jack" scenes. I think we are just way beyond that 8 years down the line!!!!
                                Not to mention that Jack is being forced to settle period.

Amen to the latter. 8 years of fan loyalty deserves some sort of acknowledgement. No offence to anyone but I DON'T want just a simple fishing invitation!

Comment

Working...
                                X