This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat
    Now seriously about Pete. I respect Sam's choice. She has feelings for Jack, but it just can't work . She has to get on with her life! Lets be happy for Sam! That's she has some1 to love! Pete is not stupid, we just dont know him to much, but he has been an old love from Sam's past. And that's good enough for me! We don't run Sam's life do we?
    i don't respect sams choice. i think pete was a bad choice. bbbooooo pete. ok childish rant done. "it just can't work"? thats what she thinks for now. it can work. wheres that optimism huh? i would be happy for sam if she were happy, but i don't think she is. she does have someone to love, you're right about that. she just can't be with him because currently he is her commanding officer. pete has not been an old love from sams past, he was a friend of her brothers, who set her up with him, i believe. we should run sams life. i'd love that
    However, if I was Sam I would rather take that NID guy who hunts down rogue NID. I think he is cooler .
    i think i must be the only person who doesn't think barrett would make a good boyfriend for sam. i think they work better as just friendly co-workers. (he is cooler than pete though)
    But still deep down is the love buried for Jack, and Jack thinks about her to.
    i'm with ya on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      From what I am hearing from the vid makers......Marimba.......its hell trying to find a scene that Daniel is NOT in....Daniel is ALL OVER the place.

But...seriously, I have never heard or read ANYTHING other than other Fans opinions that scenes have been cut or shortened between Jack and Daniel to *push* ship
      LOL! Yep, it can be difficult to work around Daniel--he does tend to get in the way. For example, (since we're talking about "There but for the Grace of God") I have to zoom in to get their hug so he won't take up a full third of the frame. As for Daniel getting not enough screen time--baaah! Don't get me wrong, Daniel was what originally drew me to the movie (and then the show--really liked Daniel in the movie) but I DON'T think he takes a back seat to the ship! And for those who say that we get too much kissing, again I say baaah! As a vid maker, I've had ample opportunity to add up the total "kissing time", here's the result:

We have less than twenty seconds of total *nice* kissing time. By *nice* kissing time, I mean the part of the kiss in Broca Divide BEFORE he freaks, I really can't use him freaking out--it just doesn't look very loving IMO. The usable part is only 2 seconds, 7 frames!

As for the others three kisses, Grace (4 seconds, 7 frames), Point of View (split into two clips--4 seconds, 24 frames and 3 seconds, 13 frames), Window of Opportunity (4 seconds, 11 frames). Film speed is either 24 or 30 frames per second so the total will be approximate (I assumed 30 frames/second--the most common speed for Stargate--for adding purposes)

For a grand total of..........drum roll, please.........................

19 seconds, 2 frames!! WOW!!! SHIP IS TAKING OVER!!

sorry, feeling a little snarky there! Use the info how you may--just wanted to lay out the "facts". Anyone here has my permission to use this post as it serves their needs elsewhere! LOL Okay, end of snarkiness now!
      Last edited by marimba26; 20 May 2004, 03:08 PM. Reason: bad spelling due to permanent RDA haze
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        i don't respect sams choice. i think pete was a bad choice. bbbooooo pete. ok childish rant done. "it just can't work"? thats what she thinks for now. it can work. wheres that optimism huh? i would be happy for sam if she were happy, but i don't think she is. she does have someone to love, you're right about that. she just can't be with him because currently he is her commanding officer. pete has not been an old love from sams past, he was a friend of her brothers, who set her up with him, i believe. we should run sams life. i'd love that

i think i must be the only person who doesn't think barrett would make a good boyfriend for sam. i think they work better as just friendly co-workers. (he is cooler than pete though)

i'm with ya on this one.
        Yup, she is not FULLY happy now. But cant she be a LITTLE happy with Pete?

Yup, I would love to run Sam's life! I would have her come to me! Cuz I'm prolly just as in love with Sam as Jack is!

Comment

my god, why that means that i can't possibly go and watch stargate anymore, without seeing 42 minutes of pure ship!!! except for chimera of course, which had no ship in it of any kind, especially of the sam/pete variety.
          (sorry, i'm in a very sarcastic mood today. and i'm usually very sarcastic anyway, so this is bad. once again. sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            my god, why that means that i can't possibly go and watch stargate anymore, without seeing 42 minutes of pure ship!!! except for chimera of course, which had no ship in it of any kind, especially of the sam/pete variety.
            (sorry, i'm in a very sarcastic mood today. and i'm usually very sarcastic anyway, so this is bad. once again. sorry)
            OMG--I know *exactly* where that came from! LMAO when I heard that! Hence why I went and timed how ship is taking over! I think your snarky mood is contagious (or maybe I was just in a snarky mood to begin with LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              Yeah, but if we kill him off (and I know this has been said before but it bears repeating) then Sam could run off and find another one just like him so she can have the life that she thinks she gave up. You know, farming in Montana!!!

Better she find out with that this was a chimera. That the kinda life she thought she wanted isn't the kind of life that will make her happy! We all know that a life with Jack is the only life that can do that for her.

But, alas, she needs to find out for herself and then she can move on or should I say back to Jack once and for all with no regrets!

Meanwhile, you just help yourself to all the shipper cookies you want especially the extra SHIPPER ones. Just munch on them while you are looking at all the fabulous videos that Caty and Marimba have made as well as all the excellent photos that have been posted recently. That should help you get thru the BLUES!!!
              Turning Pete into a villian...perhaps using Sam to spy on the Stargate might be a good way to get rid of him!. He could hurt Sam, Jack could rescue Sam from him (not just physically, but emotionally also) and put Pete in his place himself!
              SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Yup, I would love to run Sam's life! I would have her come to me! Cuz I'm prolly just as in love with Sam as Jack is!
                Ah, but *is* she a *little* happy with Pete or is it just a Chimera? Personally I think her relationship with him is an illusion she's created to try to fool herself into thinking that she's happy. If they were happy, why'd he walk out on her? Why couldn't he trust her? etc, etc, etc.

Okay, I've beat this horse to death already--did you find that smiley Tame? Anyway, you get the idea. I think Pete is a Chimera.

Comment

Just had to grab post 1000--woohoo!

Comment

spoilers for chimera, season 7

don't get me wrong here, i was pretty happy (if a little wary maybe) with sam being happy for the first part of chimera, but as far as i can see (and this is just my thoughts here) for the rest of it, she really doesn't seem happy to me. to the point that her little smile at the end of the ep reeeaaaallly doesn't make any sense to me. i really thought the guy was making her miserable for most of that episode. it makes me cringe now when i see her in that ep. first part she doesn't know whats about to hit her, second part she's miserable. and at first she wasn't even looking for it to turn so serious, she could have got out while she had the chance! but that manipulative little skank of a "boyfriend" just dragged her into the guilty end of the dating pool and wouldn't let her out. and now she's stuck..... for a little while.....

and yet another pete rant ends.
                    just for the record, this thread is about sam and jack, so...
                    i like them. i hope they get together in the end

as for the loving sam part, who doesn't?!.... just not in quite the same way...

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong...but Jack and Sam have never REALLY kissed. Only in imagination, or when Sam wasn't REALLY aware of it (W. of O.), or in an alternate reality...which in my mind, doesn't count with the real Sam and Jack.

So, think about this all you drunk cookie eaters....

If and when the writers decide to allow Sam and Jack their first REAL KISS... they had better place them in very close proximity (spelling) to a bedroom cause, let me tell you... with several years of bottled up "feelings for each other"... this first kiss is gonna create quite an explosion within both of them!! I just don't see how they can REALLY kiss and be able to pull themselves apart afterward... do you???

Frankly... I can't WAIT until Season 8... I have so many senario's in my mind, including one where Sam and Jack finally go fishing.
                      SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Yup, but I'm a guy And I think Sam is the most beautifull woman in the world!

I'm dying to see what happens with Sam and Pete and Jack in S8! Lets hope for the best! Jack and Sam, I have faith in u!

Comment

O.K. I give... I'm dense.....WHAT is a "Chimera"????????
                          SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna
                            its a very very bad episode of stargate sg-1. very bad. the worst!

bad. definly, definly bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna
                              Oh, goody--just saw you were a fellow Texan! Okay, let me see if I can remember this (back me up BCM)--A Chimera is a dream that can't come true. I'm paraphrasing b/c I can't find the dictionary! Someone had a very eloquent definition a while back but I don't remember who or where but I think that's the gist of it.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

If Morjana's reading, though, I'll share some of my SPECIAL AWARD WINNING shipper cookies with her. These cookies are spiked with the same stuff that Jack ate in the cake in Brief Candle.

*takes bite*

Oh, Rick!

Sally

Sooooo...you wanna drug Morjana into having Monkey Sex with you?

Sally dear, I had no idea...

But that is very kind of you...sharing your spoils of victory and all.

I'm very impressed

Comment

Working...
                                X