X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmilco
    No, and repeated inclusion on the thread couldn't hurt either

I'm with you, Ship Daddy!!!

I'm also glad Waterfall got her sig back!!

Token ~

Comment

Okay, with the somewhat negative thoughts flying around lately (and I know I didn't help-bad me!), I thought it might be fun to talk about our favorite Sam and Jack moments. They don't even have to be shippy moments, just some time when you laughed out loud (or quietly, I'm not picky), said "ahhhhh", or jumped out of your chair screaming "Yes!" ANYTHING that made you HAPPY!

Let's see...one of my favorite moments was when they were talking to the Kelownans (sp?) and Sam turned around to Jack, he gave a nod, and she proceeded to explain something to them. I like scenes like this because they show how Sam and Jack know each other so well that they don't need words.

Your turn...
      Tasha
      JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

hey guys, i've been off line for the last two days. just got through catching up on 12, count 'em, 12 PAGES! here. so i'm all out of energy, its 4:30am and i'm gonna have to call it a night, so i can't respond to any of the one MILLION brilliant posts i've been missing. except for the following one, for obvious reasons

how cute are they, huh? i say let 'em be like this as sam and jack, cos to be honest, WHEN she dumps pete, if jack doesn't make a move, i think teal'c (or maybe bcm ) might be movin' in there. you may notice T's hugging her an awful lot lately. hhhmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
          (snip)
          I think AT and RDA do have what's best for their characters at heart. But 'what's best' in their minds isn't necessarily the characters living happily ever after.
          Oh yes it is! More shipper cookies for you!
          I should clarify that I don't think AT and RDA don't want a 'happily ever after', just that 'what's best' and 'happily ever after' aren't synonymous. But nor are they mutually exclusive goals.

What's wrong with cliches? I like cliche endings as long as it is Sam and Jack together happily at the end of the show.
          Nothing at all. But for some reason, O'Neill - and writers universally - have something against them. Although that doesn't seem to have stopped them using them. After all, if everyone stopped, they'd cease to be cliched.

I agree. Allowing the actors to change what was written has worked both ways. We know that in "Beneath the Surface" there was supposed to be a kiss but it was pulled out at the last minute. On the other hand in "Metamorphosis" it was AT's idea to rest her head on RDA's shoulder, something that was not in the script at all. And in "Divide and Conquer" there was written dialogue for when Jack and Sam were staring at each other on either side of the force field. The actors decided to eliminate the dialogue and go with their facial expressions. Those expressions said more than any words could have.

So when all is said and done, the actors have probably given us shippers more than they have taken away.
          Couldn't agree more.

Comment

ok. i lied. i found some reserve energy.
            about the comments AT and RDA may have made in earlier seasons regarding the sam/jack relationship. i seem to recall AT in particular being quite wary of the relationship because she didn't want her character to be labled as "jacks girl". which i find completely understandable, she didn't want her character to be the main guys girlfriend, which is, unfortunately, the role that female leads get stuck with far too often. it usually leads to the female character being very one dimentional.
            don't recall hearing any negative comments from RDA though.

back in seasons 3 and early 4 i shared some of those fears. although i loved the relationship from the start, when they kicked it up a notch, i started to worry that they wouldn't be able to handle it well, and that it could end up being a negative influence on the show. i think they handled it very well (up until chimera related topics) and i think the actors seem to think so too, and so i don't think they feel as strongly about it anymore.
            then again i could be completely wrong

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
              Okay, with the somewhat negative thoughts flying around lately (and I know I didn't help-bad me!), I thought it might be fun to talk about our favorite Sam and Jack moments. They don't even have to be shippy moments, just some time when you laughed out loud (or quietly, I'm not picky), said "ahhhhh", or jumped out of your chair screaming "Yes!" ANYTHING that made you HAPPY!

Let's see...one of my favorite moments was when they were talking to the Kelownans (sp?) and Sam turned around to Jack, he gave a nod, and she proceeded to explain something to them. I like scenes like this because they show how Sam and Jack know each other so well that they don't need words.

Your turn...
              I always smile when I see "Secrets" where Jack is introduced to Jacob, and Jack says, "Get out of town. Sam's dad." The look on his and her face is sooo cute.

Little does Jacob know he is being introduced to his future son-in-law.....What?....I'm being positive.

Token ~

Comment

favourite moments? season 6. metamorphosis. head on the shoulder and pretty much all scenes between the two of them, because i was not expecting any ship there at all. i don't think any ship had been reported in spoilers or anything.

(oh and i heard that the head on the shoulder thing was written in by brad wright, not improvised, am i wrong here?)

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                  I always smile when I see "Secrets" where Jack is introduced to Jacob, and Jack says, "Get out of town. Sam's dad." The look on his and her face is sooo cute.

Little does Jacob know he is being introduced to his future son-in-law.....What?....I'm being positive.
                  i loved the interaction in that scene too! and i always thought that the look on jacobs face suggested that he thought there was something between them.

i also love how they are with each other in both parts of the tok'ra, and how jack is with jacob too. i think he made some really good first impressions there.

and pretty much any episode where jack refers to jacob as "dad". the look on sams face is always great.

and there chemistry in urgo was amazing.

and i am really going on here, i have to go to bed.... the sun is coming up FCOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    So, what kind of situation(s) could you guys see Sam and Jack disregarding the regs for. This isn't easy to answer.

Sally
                    I thought TLC was that situation. Don't I feel dumb.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                      That is a good question Sally. I like your scenario and to use it as a jumping off point to answer your question--IMO it would have to be something pretty drastic. Like them getting tortured/killed (and revived) in front of each other. I think it would take something VERY awful--considering what they've already been through.
                      I don't know. They have been tortured and near death so many times and that hasn't worked yet in wrenching the truth out of them and to each other. Good lord, I can't believe it. is going to do what death, apocalypse, severe pain and suffering, imprisonment, and celibacy could not-- bring our couple together. I hate him and love him at the same time.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50

Speaking of which (ok, it's just me speaking here) -- I was thinking about Mr. P. vs. Jack and what Sam will discover once she's gotten together with Jack... I mean I can just picture P. as an eager-to-please puppy, somewhat clueless/asking for approval (you know the actual bedroom scene that we didn't get to see - THANK GOD!).... While Jack will be proven to be the seasoned, um, veteran? OK, I'm willing to bet that he just KNOWS what he's doing... hmmm, trying to stay PG here ... Anyway, my point is (I do have one!), Sam just doesn't know what she's missing....
                        The "C" ep of season seven, spoilers

I'm picturing it like this....

That same scene when Sam made the moves on PS in her house in Chernobyl would be played *much* differently if it were with Jack instead. It seemed to me that Sam was leading in the seduction with PS - - but if that scene were with Jack, 'he'd' be the one seducing. And Sam would be a puddle of shippily ooze. Sam made the moves with PS - Jack would with Sam. Sam set the rules - Jack would be making them up along the way, with Sam following giddily along in the wake. The thing is, Sam's in control with PS (except for his stalker-in-training behavior), but Jack's the chaos component that a scientist like Sam is petrified of handling. With PS, it's comfortable. With Jack, it's unpredictable and exciting. With PS, it's farm life in Montana. With Jack, it's weekends in bed and trips to his cabin on the back of her motorcycle. Sam's enjoying living this side herself, but I think she'll eventually realize that she wants the 'toe-curling' factor that she only can get with Jack.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          so i can't respond to any of the one MILLION brilliant posts i've been missing. except for the following one, for obvious reasons

Ah, so I guess that makes me the most brilliant of the brilliant

cos to be honest, WHEN she dumps pete, if jack doesn't make a move, i think teal'c (or maybe bcm ) might be movin' in there. you may notice T's hugging her an awful lot lately. hhhmmmm.
                          Yes, Well if Jack's to stupid to make a move after Sam dumps Pete I'll help her through it. I'll give her a shoulder to lean on, and help her move on.
                          *sigh* I'm just such a nice guy
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            (oh and i heard that the head on the shoulder thing was written in by brad wright, not improvised, am i wrong here?)
                            I thought that's what they said on the DVD commentaires, but I could be wrong...
                            ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              Sam's enjoying living this side herself, but I think she'll eventually realize that she wants the 'toe-curling' factor that she only can get with Jack.
                              Yes, Pete is much to 'normal' for Sam to want to stay with him for any real lenght of time.
                              ~BCM =)

Comment

Okay my favorite scenes, I'll say it again, I just loved all the little scenes in Learning Curve, espcially since they're usually forgotten on top 10 lists. If you don't remember it, I encourage you to get out that s3 DVD and watch it. It has some great S/J banter, Jack with a little kid, Sam seeing Jack from a slightly new angle, and Sam's mega-watt smile

Also really liked The Jello Scene in Proving Ground. It just screams chemistry to me.

I also liked Desperate Measures, the whole thing from when Jack bursts into the room with the gun to the end. I love how he doesn't doubt her word when she says 'I'm fine' I like that he trusts her to back him up despite what she's been through. And I loved the twist of "the damsel in destress" rescuing "the knight in shining armor" at the end. It shows their relationship as one of equals despite their difference in rank.
                                ~BCM =)

Comment

Working...
                                X